Welcome to PatsFans.com

Lou Dobbs departs from CNN

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Lou Dobbs To Depart CNN

His last show will be tonight.

Fox news denies that they are in talks with him....but....

If I had to place a bet on where this clown goes, it would be to Rupert's empire.
  2. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I heard he's heading to the only true news outlet left that gets any ratings. Wait for it.................FoxNews!!!!:eat3:
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think him going to FOX is a no brainer....

bigger question is who replaces Dobbs on CNN?
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Lou Dobbs is a wanker ... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Fox got John Schossel (?) from ABC (claims he's a Libertarian, IDK), they frequently have George Stephanapolis (ABC) as a guest...if they land Lou Dobbs (claims to be an Independent) then what else can you say.

I don't see Lou Dobbs on Fox mainly because of his views on 9-11, and fwiw Dobbs has been a frequent radio guest of Alex Jones. Jones is a 9-11 "Truther" as well as a believer in Bilderburg. Lou Dobbs has often mentioned the move towards tyranny; I don't see him on Fox but who knows.

I dunno who'll replace Lou; Kitty Pilgrim fills in a lot as does the other girl who's name escapes me right now.

I think it's too bad Lou's losing/giving up his TV spot just because he's controversial. Apparently your viewpoint will be tolerated as long as it's liberal, though suppression of free speech and opinion used to bring liberals to the streets in protest.
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Actually if he goes to Fox, who does he bump?? Or does he go to Fox Business to give it credibility??
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Dobbs and Cavuto ... :confused2:
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Why don't these guys just retire, take their millions travel, play golf, eat at really great restaurants, get drunk and chase broads??? Is their need for more face time that great???
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Great question!
    I always tell my wife that as soon as I make my 10th million, I'm done!
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Do you just assume that ALL people who are NOT liberal are clowns Diver? From your comments, that would seem to be the case.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally, I like Mr INDEPENDENT! He is not a conservative, he's independent!
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

The number of liberals is slowly declining each & every day.

Can I get an ALLALUYA?......AMEN!! :D

Remember now...liberals are not democrats..or rather the majority of democrats are not liberal. So let's not talk on this board as if democrats are liberal.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  12. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

They are going into their shame chrysalis, coming back out as independants!
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Dobbs is pretty good, but there are two things about his schtick that bother me a lot. First, his harping on illegal immigration as the root of our downfall as a nation. I will agree to him to a point, that laws and borders should be enforced as long as we want them. Personally, I could care less about artificially contrived borders like the ones we have. I prefer natural (physical) or cultural borders based on language or favorite music. In North America there are no cultural borders, IMO. How different are people from Alaska and British Columbia (besides health care coverage and a flag?) or people from El Paso and Juarez (except for poverty and violence). Our borders are artificial. If either US, Mex or Can are invaded by China, we would act as a unified country- no doubt in my mind.

Problem with Dobbs is he put way too much emphasis on Mexicans wrecking the country's economy and rising unemployment while white "American" guys on Wall Street and corporate board rooms ended up being the worst offenders. He ends up looking like a fool on this issue, especially when he eats food and gives his horses feed grown and harvested by non-docs and his contractors who build his barns and out-buildings on his ranch in New Jersey most likely uses them, too. He fails to recognize that young American men refuse to do the work that hungry, motivated guys from El Salvador and Brazil do happily and tirelessly.

Other thing is that he's waaaaaaay too grumpy and negative. Can't imagine him dancing or laughing out loud at Carlin.
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

You must not watch his show, cuz he in no way, shape, or form ignores corporations, and the bailouts they recieved. As for illegal immigration, the guy's wife is Mexican IIRC. The notion of some, and I'm not saying you, that he is motivated by race, is stupid. Also, how does he look like a fool on the issue of illegal immigration, cuz he eats food? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

If you pay people Wistah, they will do any job you ask them too. If you expect someone to shovel **** for $8 an hour, then you're either going to be disapointed, or hiring an illegal. That's how it goes. Compensation is the key factor. Willingness is determined by need. Those more needy work for less, those less needy won't. For obvious reasons, immigrants are usually more needy than the average joe. A 25 year old citizen can stay home at mom and dad's and play his PS3 all day if he wants to, when the alternative is to shovel **** for $8 an hour. An immigrant doesn't have that same luxury. Beyond all that though, NO ONE is pointing fingers at LEGAL immigrants, or immigration. What people like Lou Dobbs, myself, and the vast majority of americans are furious over, is ILLEGAL immigration. There is a distinct difference between the two. Too many fail to either understand, or accept that.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You're stating the obvious with the usual hard-on about illegal people living here. This is a classic situation of un-ringing a bell that was run by both Dems and Repubs who did so on orders by their corporate masters. Why do you think nothing is ever done about it? Do you think we can't or won't? I think we won't. I think the corporate government is very comfortable about the status quo and will do nothing to disrupt their consumers of all things good and bad. Dobbs knows this. He knows nothing will EVER be done about it. He's talking to the wind.

I don't like the fact that our government selectively enforces the law, but it's a dynamic that is in place and will always be in place because Americans want to consume as much as possible because the TV tells them to and investors (like Dobbs) are making a fortune on that dynamic. For it to work, we cannot rely on paying Americans $21/ hr to pick lettuce in California or clean toilets at the Marriott. THEY WON"T DO IT AT ANY PRICE! The most ridiculous thing I ever heard is when people know that immigrants, illegal or not, do almost all of the planting, picking, general farm work, packaging and processing of our food, yet say that's wrong and that the work can be done by Americans. Take those people out of the equation, we starve, stay home, and the grass in Sudbury never gets cut.

So what do you think about the Mexican and Canadian borders?

P.S.- How can you have such a great sig and such a heinous avatar?
  16. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ol'Sweet Lou! Where will your old @ss go? Should retire and enjoy his life and his family but I have a feeling will see him on Foxnews.

Ya he's an Indpendent just like the rest of you fake ass right wingers are after YOUR president Bush took office and screwed the pooch. Must be nice just to change sides and get away with it aye?
  17. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They have credibility they when raided CNBC of their second tier talent and contributors, they need cable stations to carry the station...hard to compete when it isn't on every plan like CNBC is.

If he gets a show on the big channel it might end Studio B, giving them a 3pm business show to go with the Cavuto 4pm business show. Not much competition and already strong ratings for that time period for Fox and adding a headliner like him will only fuel the ratings.
  18. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Nice attitude. Take a chill pill why don't you? Listen, if it weren't for independents moving left then Obama wouldn't have won.
  19. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What does Obama have to do with anything?

I would of felt bad too if I voted for Bush..........I would of even voted for an Dem the next time around to show it...........;)

As my attitude goes, Ya it sucks, yours would too if people you love and cared about where losing there job's and house's.........and its all about greed, plain and simple. I sick of the right saying the left is wrong and I'm sick of the left saying the right things but never following through with them and I'm sick of the independents stuck in the middle *****ing about both. Your all the problem, that's why my attitude sucks cause I'm stuck on this planet with fakes,liars,hypocrite's and greedy ***** who can't tell their asses from a hole in the ground.

They say that 95% of the worlds pop believes in a god, well I say act like it then..............
  20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Republicans are in bed with illegal immigration because business' love the taxpayer subsidized labor, and Democrats are in bed with illegal immigration because it means a larger base of dependent residents, and dependent residents mean future votes. The notion that the gubmit will do nothing about it is exactly why people like Dobbs, and myself, continue to talk about it. To insinuate that people should raise the white flag because of demopublican, and republicrat ignorance is disappointing. I guess the people should simply accept gubmit deficits, wars in foreign nations, bailouts, corruption, and the assorted other status quo's, since the pols won't do anything about them. That's a terrible position to hold IMO. It's Dobbs, and people who feel as I do, that prevented a horrible piece of legislation from passing a couple of years ago. That legislation would be the Amnesty bill. It was the people who caused that to fail. Clearly, we aren't talking to the wind as much as you believe we are. Had we taken your advise, it would be law right now, and we'd have another 20 million red inkers rubber stamped, as well as a new wave on invaders looking to follow in their footsteps. Legal, not illegal immigration in our point.

I totally disagree with the notion that americans won't do the work if you pay them. As someone who runs a business, I do agree that certain compensation levels are unfavorable in specific industries. Paying someone $30 an hour to pick fruit would have ramifications at the check out counter that people might not like. However, illegal labor is not cheap labor for the taxpayer. Illegal labor is simply labor that is subsidized by you and I. You might pay 99 cents for your head of lettuce at Stop & Shop, but it's costing you a few bucks more in the form of taxes, healthcare, wage supression, etc. Also, look at what happened in Idaho I believe, justa couple of years ago. The feds raided a Tyson plant, or some meat packing plant, and in upwards of 1,000 illegals were detained. The plant quickly increased in hourly compensation package, and there was a line out the door for citizen applicants looking for a job. Wages & compensation are what drive intent in this country. That's not to say that immigrants aren't hungrier at a higher rate. I've pointed out why they are though, and that's out of necessity. They have no choice but to be. The issue is to find the right balance of immigration. That can only be done with a comprehensive LEGAL process. I've discussed it in detail ad naseum in here. Look, my parents, and entire extended family is made up of foreign immigrants. LEGAL immigrants. I'm a first generation american in my family. Both parents mind you. Each came here LEGALLY. Both families were split from parents and siblings, as the first who came established a footing, and those who followed waited for that, and for their paperwork to be processed. It's the sacrafice they were willing to make. Never did they simply cross the border, and eat off someone else's plate, while sticking the finger to the nations laws, and it's legal, taxpaying citizens. By following the rules, my family suffered personally, but learned the laws of the land, and gained the proper appreciation for what's expected. In my fathers situation, his dad and sister came here 2 years before he, his mom, and youngest sister did. Why? Cuz that was how it worked. Again, LEGALLY. These days it's sneak across, get a drivers license, go to the ER, get food stamps, fuel assistance, a free aprtment with Auntie Zinuti, and whatever other freebies you can. Who assimilates (sp?) anymore? This country has been overrun, and it's not because immigrants came here. It's because an invasion of uncontrolled, undocumented, unneeded illegal foreignors did. There is a distinct difference between the two.