PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots of Screens on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I don't think Buffalo ran enough screens via Lynch.

Dallas is lot like the Steelers, Philly and the Chargers in that they can be overaggressive and sell-out a little too much by bringing the house on the pass rush.

Faulk might be out, so that could hurt. Morris is a good receiver and tough runner, but Dallas's D is quick and physical which may require some speed and elusiveness on our part. I wish Maroney, whom I'm sure will play, would be a little more proficient on screens. Look for lots of WR screens via Stallworth and Welker.

I think Ben Watson and Wes Welker will have big games. Either of those guys matched up with the immensely overrated Roy Williams is a huge mismatch.

Well, I'd have to wonder if the Cowboys might alter their game plan after seeing the Browns get brutalized the least of all our opponents this season (that's not saying a lot).

I get the feeling teams will try two strategies to try and lessen Brady's ridicolous efficiency - send everybody or send very few, with little in between. So far this season, the send everybody plan (Jets blitzed a bunch) didn't work out too well, it seems the Browns didn't rush more than 4 most of the game and left more in coverage and that had some small amount of success...well, "success" isn't quite the right word, but you get my meaning.

But as for your point, screens with the weapons this team has could be lethal, Stallworth, Welker, Maroney, Watson, whoever. I'd love to see a screen to Moss. His Viking highlight reel has a few nasty WR screen plays on it where he just embarasses the entire defense with his speed.

Last edited:
I'm having a weird premonition that Dallas has way too much confidence in Terence Newman and because of his size, they'll put him on single coverage with Moss early.

I agree on Roy Willams, as he is sickeningly overrated (stupid and slow). I would attack the crap out of him.

I am also not a huge Matt Light fan and was worried about Ware and Spencer coming off the edge, but Light does well against shorter DE and LB's.

If Brady receives just adequate protection, it'll be a long day for Dallas.

You don't think Buffalo ran enough screens? They were eating up Buffalo's counters, screens and reverses by the 2nd quarter.

They did for a while, but then abandoned it. Once they started throwing downfield more, Dallas strted getting more pressure.

Yeah but the Cowboys won't play up to the line like they did against the Bills wr's. I don't think Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish struck fear within the Cowboys defense.

If they try that against Stallworth, Welker and Moss you know the outcome. With that said you will see quite a bit of cushion vs. the Patriots wr's. The Cowboys will ATTACK and blitz to no end, thats the defense that Wade likes and it's the same thing he did in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back