PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lost in the Shuffle: Gost was 4/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
He got some really good experience kicking in a windy, snowy environment and was as solid as he ever is. His long was 38 yards, not a short kick. With his leg strength, if he can be accurate in terrible conditions we could be looking at a real ace in the hole for the next long while.

Remember the difference a kicker like Vinatieri made in the past.

How long has he got on his contract? I'm just curious as to how long it'll be till he's wearing Indy blue.

How long has he got on his contract? I'm just curious as to how long it'll be till he's wearing Indy blue.

He's still on his rookie contract. I believe he will become an RFA when it nears the end of that, at which point the Pats can sign him long term if they like him.

He's still on his rookie contract. I believe he will become an RFA when it nears the end of that, at which point the Pats can sign him long term if they like him.

Yes, his 4 year rookie contract running through 2009, at which point he will be a UFA not an RFA.

Unless he is franchised, or there is no new CBA. If 2010 is uncapped then it takes 6 years instead of 4 to become an unrestricted FA, so he will be an RFA for 2 years.

Yes, his 4 year rookie contract running through 2009, at which point he will be a UFA not an RFA.

Unless he is franchised, or there is no new CBA. If 2010 is uncapped then it takes 6 years instead of 4 to become an unrestricted FA, so he will be an RFA for 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats try to extend his contract this offseason.

Great point about Gost. Nice job on Sunday. Not sure how much difference there is kicking on turf vs grass in those conditions but I was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes