Welcome to PatsFans.com

Losing Its Sting: The Racist Charge

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Sep 18, 2009.

1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

A victim of being overused?

Defending the President the way the disgusting Jimmy Carter has--by using the racism card--only serves to question if that's so how'd he get elected in the first place?

It's no longer the ace in liberals' hands it once was. I say, good riddance.

Just like with sexual harassment allegations--the real stuff is awful and should be condemned and prosecuted. But some people can't resist making it a hobby horse.

Right, Jesse "Hymie Town" Jackson? Al "Freddy Mart"/Tawana Brawley Sharpton?

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Now your the Racist for daring to mention it.

Jimmy Carter is a squealing slimey nasty little piece of sh!t.

The liberals will play the Race Card to death then when "Real Racism" pops up nobody will pay attention.

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +673 / 6 / -9

While I disagree with Carter's statements and think they hurt more than help, there is no question much of the visceral, non issue-based hatred of the president is motivated by racism.

4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for your very partisan opinion. Obviously no facts, just your party's radical talking points being regurgitated. You ought to try and apply some original thought once in a while.

5. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +673 / 6 / -9

Thank for for that incisive post, Kettle.

I worked on the president's campaign for fourteen months.

I probably talked to more voters than the number of people you've spoken to in your entire lifetime.

People who believe the president is a Muslim are, by and large, racist.

And then there's the litany of photographic evidence from tea party rallies of mouth breathers toting racist signs with the tacit approval of the entire crowd.

And then there's the issue of dissatisfaction with the president being largely regionalized in the deep South. I wonder why Obama only won 11 percent of the white vote in Alabama and 14 percent of the white vote in Louisiana. I really wonder.

Try using your head sometime. It's really quite liberating.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Change We Can Believe In

Four Stooges
    Chavez/Castro/Putin/Obama

7. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Is that why you seem so divisive all the time?

Wow. Very impressive! Want a cookie?

Again, thanks for your partisan opinion. No facts, just regurgitation.

Ah, now we start with the deception. There was very little of what you state. Very little. It happens at most rallies, both Reps and Dems. And again, your opinions prove nothing.

There's disastifaction with Obama all over the U.S., because of his policies. Has nothing to do with race.

I do use my head, unlike you, I use the one above my shoulders.

Nothing you have posted proves that those who oppose BO's policies are racist. Actually, you are sounding more racist than those people.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  8. JackBauer

Ratings:
    +673 / 6 / -9

No. That's why I feel compelled to defend Obama against your specious attacks. Your lack of self-awareness is impressive, however.

Nope. Just an illustration of how much better qualified I am to speak on this issue than you are.

Do you think if John Edwards were elected president and didn't have a long form birth certificate, that this phenomenon would exist? Have you ever talked to voters who hold this opinion about Obama? It's not my problem you're too dense to connect the dots.

I live in DC. I was at the recent tea bagger rally. Have you been to one? Not only were there a litany of racist signs, but absolutely no disapproval expressed by others in the crowd. It's amazing to me the hatred people have for a president who is only six months into office after having inherited the legacy of one of the worst US presidents of all time.

It's somewhat difficult to argue with someone who doesn't know the definition of opinion.

Actually you're just straight up wrong; Obama's net favorable ratings are significantly lower in the deep south than in the northeast, midwest, or western US. And that doesn't even begin to address the discrepencies in the southern white vote between Kerry and Obama, or the breakdown in primary states between Obama and Hillary.

Racism has always been a significant factor in the opposition to Obama. Pew did a survey (forget if it was during the primaries or GE) that showed race costing Obama up to 6 points in head-to-head polling. We're only seeing the more grotesque elements revealing themselves as right-wingers get increasingly hysterical.

Is that supposed to be a dig? Because it doesn't even make sense.

Try again. That's not at all the claim I made.

Reality sucks, doesn't it.

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I don't think the racist charge has lost an iota of it's sting, except in terms of the wishful thinking of bigots and racists. It's pretty obvious that the extreme hatred of Obama is different that the powerful dislike directed towards other recent presidents. Quite a few of the posts in this forum by a handful of the conservative members reflect the sort of bigotry that exists on the right. The nature of racism may have changed, but racism is still alive and good as the racist whites become further marginalized and less relevant. That said, most of them are elderly so the problem is slowly solving itself.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

----------------:p

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -28

The racism charges are there, but magnified by the leaders of the right.. Rush, Hannity, Drudge etc.. just watch their websites.. Rush now wants integrated bussing based on one incident, see Drudge and Michelle's sneakers and today about her "bondage belt".. they are major contributors to all of this, and end result is they are alienating a lot of this nation.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

A lot of folks -- such as myself -- have been willing to give Obama a chance to see what he could do, but the more he tacks to the left, at a time when our economy NEEDS to be revived through the ONLY way it can revive, ie, through free enterprise, Obama keeps shooting himself in the foot again and again.

Free medical care for illegal aliens is WAY over the top. Unacceptable. And now this ACORN fiasco. Obama's looking stupid. He's got to fulfill one promise he made: reach across the aisle and LISTEN to what the other side is saying. If he continues to play hard ball he'll be one and done, for sure. America has no stomach for the radicalism he is proposing.

//

13. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You lie.......................finish your sentence. It wasn't your a liar, it wouldn't be a stretch to think he was thinking you lie, boy.
    Go live in the South and then come back and talk about racism. I've lived in Fl. and Texas and there is a lot of deep hatred for a color of a person's skin.

14. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I heard Rush's program that mentioned integrated bussing and it's very obvious you are taking it way out of context. The more you do this kind of cr*p, the more of a bozo you appear to be - and it becomes quite obvious you're not interested in the truth, but rather spread propaganda.

And if Michelle wants to wear a bondage belt to make a point, good for her.

15. ljuneau

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

He did finish his sentence. You're obviously putting words in his mouth.

[​IMG]

Really? I've lived in Florida and have been to Texas many times. In fact I have many friends that have different colored skin than I do. I don't see the deep hatred for color you are talking about. Maybe it depends on where you hang out.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I don't think they see through him, Harry; I think they bring your own prejudices into their view of him. If he was white, he might be criticized, but I doubt if his citizenship and religion would be questioned, or if he'd be caricatured the way he has been, or if you'd have calls for increased segregation as Rush Limbaugh just made. And Harry, I was referring to bigots and racists on the right (not to conservatives or Republicans). Your post makes it sound like you consider yourself a bigot or racist, when you say that "we are dying on off." Also, regardless, you seem like the kind of guy who'll be playing the banjo until you're 100 or more.

18. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,857 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Do you honestly believe that nobody on the left is a bit racist? Not a SINGLE PERSON?

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +369 / 11 / -28

Take what out of context??? it is what it is: Rush is nothing more than a race baiter..

When I made my daily stop at Storm Front and they were have a huge circle jerk about Rush's comments..

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=640237&highlight=Limbaugh

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,058 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Some of the same people claiming racism in this forum were the same people who brought much hate to Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton when she was running. It's a laugher when closed minded people lob the racist bomb. Also some of those same people routinely easily show their hate towards the Christian right - like it's all different ... well ... it's not. A hater calling out another as a hater shows ignorance towards democracy.

Obama is called out for posing as a moderate and operating as a liberal. the color of his skin has nothing to do with it overall. Obama had over 50% support from whites ... now a percentage of those same whites who object to his politics are called racists. That's a laugher and it simply shows how little informed some people really are. If Obama was truly operating as a moderate he would still have the support of those independent white voters. He's losing them because he is operating from the left - very left.