PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Losers are always losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Pete Carroll chokes in the big game. Nothing new here. Pete is great running up the scores on inferior opponents. His true colors always come out at the end.

This is the person who almost singlehandedly destroyed the Pats.

I've never really felt strongly one way or the other with Carroll, but the Pete Carroll face was out in full force at the end.

WTF was he thinking burning that TO? Just poor poor gameday coaching.

Not to mention the 3 ill-advised 4th & 1s. One paid off, but he should have kicked the 3 on both the early ones, and punted with 2 min to go. Just bad coaching.

How could he not know the 2 was coming?

primetime said:
How could he not know the 2 was coming?

Seriously. The best was him blubbering through the question right after the game by the CBS reporter. He just had no excuse.

What is he going to say?

"Why did you call a timeout after Texas' final touchdown"

"Well, Candy, we are simply unprepared as a coaching staff for these situations"

I think it's alittle strong to say he chokes in the big game, you can argue last night, but he had won 2 straight Championships.

hallfamebrady said:
Pete Carroll chokes in the big game. Nothing new here. Pete is great running up the scores on inferior opponents. His true colors always come out at the end.

This is the person who almost singlehandedly destroyed the Pats.

Come on. I don't like Pete but the guy won 34 straight games and 2 straights national titles. To say that this was "the end" and his true colors finally came out is ridiculous. Why wasn't last year's Oklahoma title game where they beat the 2nd best team in the country by 50 "the end" too?

As for the second point - singlehandeldly? There were some guys named Grier, Parcells, and Kraft who helped Pete get the pats where they were.

Yup, two National Championships and almost another. Big choker.

BTW, I don't like USC, but fact are facts and knee jerk is knee jerk.

PatsRI said:
I think it's alittle strong to say he chokes in the big game, you can argue last night, but he had won 2 straight Championships.

He didn't win 2 straight national championships. The first one was just the media poll, not the BCS championship. The NCAA might recognize both, but the schools don't. LSU was the national champion that year, period.

Pete really choked the last 2 years too...

34 friggin games in a row!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Richter said:
He didn't win 2 straight national championships. The first one was just the media poll, not the BCS championship. The NCAA might recognize both, but the schools don't. LSU was the national champion that year, period.
If you (USC in this case) say something enough, people believe it.

Thats like if the Pats dont win the super bowl this year, someone saying BB is still a loser coach, and Brady is just a 6th round system qb. How does 1 game whipe out what had come before it. But I will say, the fact that carroll never adjusted to the qb draw play is his fault.

R_T26 said:
Thats like if the Pats dont win the super bowl this year, someone saying BB is still a loser coach, and Brady is just a 6th round system qb.
Except that Belichick hasn't had by far the best talent in the league like Petey has had.

BelichickFan said:
Except that Belichick hasn't had by far the best talent in the league like Petey has had.
Best talent in the league? I assume you are referring to the trojans and not the Carrol era Pats.

In any case I take exception because the Trojans defensively are not even top 5 talent wise on the defensive side of the ball.

19 seconds left, that timeout really doesn't make any difference. You have two plays left, three plays tops to get into scoring position. If your players know what they're doing, they'll attack the field from all angles, but Reggie Bush ran out of bounds rather than trying for another 10 yards, a very bad decision.

PatsRI said:

Yep Pete won 34 straight games but is a "choker" and Charlie can't call offensive plays worth a S**T, but has three SB rings....funny world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back