PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Loser Raven players whining about refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1048700

Pathetic, everyone of them blames the refs yet for the life of me, I can't see which one was a bad call. Watson got outright held around the waist and hit early by another man, if you don't want the refs to throw a flag, stop grabbing our receivers so blatantly. The coaching staff called the timeout, not the refs.

Honestly, I've never seen a team embarrass itself on the field in the last few minutes and after the game as the Ravens did. It makes the Chargers look classy. Congratulations to the Ravens.

Last edited:
If you have enough energy to have to be held back by two teammates from attacking a ref. (Who you say called you "boy" - from a black ref)

If you have enough energy to fire a flag into the stands.

If you have enough energy to fire helmets, epitaphs, etc after the game at the refs and the other team.

Then you didn't leave it "all" on the field - and maybe that's why you lost.

Plus if you played with that much fight throughout the season (the Ravens beat up on the Pats like very few teams have done in the past 7 years) and that much emotion were winning a game was like life and death in the other 11 games this season then you wouldn't be 4 - 8 with a six game losing streak.

The Ravens are good. real good. So, the must have quit on themselves, and their coach very early this season.

I would be ashamed to be 4 - 8 with a team like they posses. And that is the only thing they should be MAD at.

Last edited:
i honstly cant believe that the ravens were whining about ref calls.
they have no other reason to defend why they did it.
so they blame the refs.
funny thing is they patriots should be the ones complaining, their defensive line got held all night, and the pats recivers were mugged.
oh well.
12-0!!

The Ravens and their fans should take note - had the Patriots lost they'd have every reason to fault the refs as well (especially given all the pass interference on the last play)

But at the end of the day they'd acknowledge that the only ones they should truly blame is themselves, and they'd probably keep their mouths shut.

That being said, the Patriots deserve credit for sticking together to get the W but there's no doubt the Ravens handed this one to them on a golden platter.

You're right on the money. Yeah, O.K., complain, but the calls were right. I'd love to hear anybody tell me which one they blew. The ones they blew were all the thuggery against Pats' receivers that they didn't call. That's what Brady was ticked about in his post game press conference.

There were plenty of wrong calls made on both sides by the refs. it's just a sign of the coach that they are whinning in public about the game :)

Maybe when they go back and look at the tape, they can see all of the penalties that weren't even called on them

i didnt see any that were wrong called on the ravens they wernt controversial and you could see them with your own eyes.
they came out and the start of the game with a ton of penalties and ended with a ton.
the patriots had none in the first half, and a few in the second.
one being a false start ...which turned out to give the pats another chance at wining the game. go figure lol :p

The ravens have some real issues...

If they played like that every game, they'd be 10-2.
But instead they don't. They throw their head coach under the bus -- Ray Lewis openly critisizing the play calling early in the season...getting pissed at the coach about the timeout (its a percentages game, you can't look at the result then critisize the coach. would they have gotten so mad if the pats broke thru the first down line?

And please pissed off ravens/ravens-fans; name one penalty in which there wasn't a blatant hold/interference/etc.

The Pats got lucky, and the Ravens didn't help themselves out either.

The Refs didn't hand this game to teh Pats. The Ravens handed the penalty yardage to the refs.

What they are reall whining about, if they are honest with themselves after reviewing the tape, is that they are shocked the refs started calling them on stuff in the 4th quarter that they had been doing all game. What do you mean we can't hold onto Randy Moss & throw him to the ground? What do you mean we can't hold Welker across the middle?

Because they are focusing on being called "boy" ("which is an insult, no doubt), they are missing the point of their own words - that they were warned THROUGHOUT THE GAME to knock it off, and finally the refs started calling them on it in the fourth quarter.

How clear is it that the players run that team, particularly Ray Lewis? Can you imagine the Pats players falling on the ground and yelling at their coaches in disgust if the Pats' coaches called that time out? Can you imagine the Pats players going all over the radio and criticizing the play-calling? The chickens run the henhouse there. Youch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes