PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lose to Giants in Week 17 but beat them in the Super Bowl?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which option?

• Lose to Giants in Week 17, but beat them in the Super Bowl

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Beat Giants in Week 17, but lose in the Super Bowl

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Would you rather lose to the Giants in week 17, losing our undefeated record, but then beating them in the Super Bowl, or beat the Giants, creating a perfect regular season, but lose to them in the Super Bowl? (Regardless of how well the games are played or what the scores are in these games.)

I ask this because we could have pulled a Fisher/Dungy and played our backups, which could actually be a good thing giving our backups some playing time before the playoffs, while resting our starters.

Last edited:
This might just be the worst poll in the history of polls.

My point is that what Dungy/Fisher did is lame. Had we done it, we would have screwed over 3 television networks, given our backups playing experience, maybe lost the game, but gotten renewed motivation to avenge our loss by beating the Giants in the Super Bowl. Also pissing off the NFL because of playing backups on 3 networks in week 17, and then by winning the Super Bowl.

We actually played the game for real against a team that had made the playoffs that we didn't need to play. That's how awesome the Patriots are. Our backups could have used the practice, we could have screwed over the networks, we could have refocused to beat the Giants in the Super Bowl.

And yet, Dungy/Fisher setup a scheme to allow the Titans into the playoffs as well as rest both teams starters. (Because with Peyton, Colts would beat the Titans, keep them out. But they know they can beat the Titans in the playoffs if they needed to so they kept them in.) And even when they had backups Dungy didn't try to stop the Titans. THAT'S what people should be calling cheating--collusion, not videotaping someone's signals in public where the other coach waves at your camera.

STFU and GFY.

Seriously, if you can't deal with fan discussion GFYY. Stop crying like someone did something to you. The Patriots are a sports team, they'll be fine, and so will all the fans. I haven't watched any media coverage about the Super Bowl (the week before or after) because I'd rather talk to other fans. I suggest you also do the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back