PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

lose game from 12 men on field

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
if we didnt get that penalty, we ran the clock out, and won. im sickened. Im still proud of my team, but to not go for it on 4 and 2, when we went for it on 4 and 6, i will never get over.

We lost because we allowed 32 points in the second half.

if we didnt get that penalty, we ran the clock out, and won. im sickened. Im still proud of my team, but to not go for it on 4 and 2, when we went for it on 4 and 6, i will never get over.

For all we know, if that penalty hadn't happened, Brady could have fumbled on the next play and the Colts recover.

If you want to single out plays, how about Hobbs' 80-yard return? It put the Pats in great position to score, but basically guaranteed that the defense would be back on the field within minutes.

We can play coulda, woulda, shoulda till the cows come home. I don't see any need to obsess about it. Analyze it, to learn what to do differently next time, sure. But nothing you or any of the rest of us can do can change the outcome of the game (unless you're Hiro Nakamura . . .).

I think your math is a little off, but your point is dead on.

We allowed 6 points in the first half and the final total was 38. I don't know what I'm missing.

We lost because we played like the Chargers. Reche's drops. Only one hurt us. But, it did help keep us out of the endzone and settle for a fg. Two penalites at crucial times. Illegal motion and 12 men in huddle. Would also like to add. A db made a rookie mistake. Hawkins got caught by Manning looking in the backfield on deep pass down the middle.

Our defense did wear down. But, any objective fan knew we were lacking depth at ilb and s. That's where our injuries were. At ILB we didn't have Seau and B.Gardner got hurt in pre-season. At S both starters hurt. 2 guys who would have probably made the team got hurt in pre-season too. M.Mitchell and T.Jones. R.Gay went down in pre-season or we might have been able to move C.Scott to safety. Injuries aren't an excuse. We still could have won. Just shows that often times your weakest link in the chain breaks. That's what happened to the defense tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes