PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lord Favre abdicates the throne after 17 seasons [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox Sports: Favre to retire

Thank God, no more Brett Favre ball washing talk. He is like that Uncle that just won't leave.

Good luck to Aaron Rodgers who was better than Favre in the half he played last year, its about time he got a shot.

Thank God, no more Brett Favre ball washing talk.
i agree, and i dont get why he wanted moss so bad, their wide recivers seemed pretty good to me? i dont think moss would of fit in there.

Thank God, no more Brett Favre ball washing talk. He is like that Uncle that just won't leave.

Good luck to Aaron Rodgers who was better than Favre in the half he played last year, its about time he got a shot.

good, why can't teddy do the same thing for us?

He'll end up on Tampa's roster next to Plummer.

Re: Thank GOD Farvay finally retired!

I don't know...I was never a fan of Favre, but it is a bit sad to see him go. Not that it is even close to comparison, but I remember that I didn't like Muhammad Ali as a kid. I wanted all those scrubs to beat him. When he was dethroned by Spinks of all people I was literally depressed for days. I guess I loved Ali all along. Kind of the same thing with Favre on a smaller scale. At least he went out after a decent season.

Very few figures in sports have "earned the right" to be annoying. Brett Favre is one of them.

Sure, the annual post-season, "will he or won't he" drama has worn thin and the big guy has sure acted like a primadonna, but, unlike the dozens of players who are full of themselves without justification, Favre is the real deal and if that's how he wanted to do things, fine by me.

Good luck to him and God Bless!

Music to my ears...music to my ears...music to my ears.:singing: That media whore should have retired four years ago. What a overrated gun slinger...the leader in career TD passes and also the leader in career Ints.:p What can you say Favre was really a 50/50 player.:D

Last edited:

Great, now instead of getting killed by Peyton Manning commercials, we'll be bombarded with Farve commercials.

One last think Favre don't let the door hit ya where the Dog shoulda bitt ya.:singing:

Does anyone else think there's at least a 10% chance that he changes his mind?

I think this is a good thing for Favre, I'll miss seeing him on Sundays though, it was always cool to switch to a Packers game and see him do something spectacular, either positive or negative it was always done big. He never missed a game and was always playing the game as if he loved it.

He's been Great for the game of Football, for the NFL as a whole and he'll be missed. Sux to be the guy replacing him. Huge shoes to Fill.

I can't imagine why anyone would say anything negative about Patriots fans.

Don't believe it! No way he retires.

He's always been a media whore and he will not change his stripes now. He'll piss and moan about not feeling wanted and really wanted to play again one more year. Fans will get upset and turn up the heat on the ownership at the helm. As usual they'll finally cave to the pressure of both fans and Favre and show their love and respect for him by throwing another million or two on top of his already huge salary and beg him to stay

Then he'll commence trying to make up his mind on whether to play again or not and drag it out for the length of the offseason as is his usual pattern. No way he'll retire without the full retirement tour with the Packers and get the fan adulations he craves so much. Every year - - - same crap and story!?!?
Will he or won't he??? No he won't - - - bank on it! :cool:

Well if his AGENT, Bus Cook, has anything to say about it ... he'll won't retire:

From PFT:

"I know he wants to play one more year," Cook said. "I do not know much conversation there was and I don't think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don't know that anyone tried to talk him out of it."

"I think he wanted to play," Cook said. " I think he's still got it. He knows he's still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don't know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That's just the feeling I got."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Music to my ears...music to my ears...music to my ears.:singing: That media whore should have retired four years ago. What a overrated gun slinger...the leader in career TD passes and also the leader in career Ints.:p What can you say Favre was really a 50/50 player.:D

What are you talking about? Favre had an incredible year last season. It's one thing to dislike the guy, but you got to respect his accomplishments. He was a gunslinger who toughed out 17 years, and finished his amazing career (regardless of your INT's, he is still the one who holds the TD record) with one of his best seasons.

He contributed a ton to the modern NFL, and I think he should be respected for that. Hope he enjoys retirement, because he definitely deserves it.

What are you talking about? Favre had an incredible year last season. It's one thing to dislike the guy, but you got to respect his accomplishments. He was a gunslinger who toughed out 17 years, and finished his amazing career (regardless of your INT's, he is still the one who holds the TD record) with one of his best seasons.

He contributed a ton to the modern NFL, and I think he should be respected for that. Hope he enjoys retirement, because he definitely deserves it.

And your point is? :rolleyes:

This is not a real retirement. The ultimate attention whore/media whore Brett Favre now wants team to beg him to play again in 2008. His agents comments are just step one on the 2008 version of Brett's yearly "Hey look at me!" tour.

Re: OT: Favre Retires

His agent said today that Brett believed the Packers didn't want him back but he'd like to play another year. Parcells, Mangini are you listening?

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

FAVRE SITUATION SUDDENLY GETS WEIRD
Posted by Mike Florio on March 4, 2008, 11:55 a.m.

As it turns out, that dark cloud in Wisconsin could quickly become a storm.

Brett Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, has told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that Favre wanted to play another year, but that he felt like the Packers didn’t want him.

Uh-oh.

“I know he wants to play one more year,” Cook said. “I do not know much conversation there was and I don’t think anyone forced him to make that decision. But I don’t know that anyone tried to talk him out of it.”

Uh-oh.

“I think he wanted to play,” Cook said. ” I think he’s still got it. He knows he’s still got it. I think he felt he could play one more year. I don’t know if they told him they really wanted him to play. That’s just the feeling I got.”

Uh-oh.

Asked whether Favre could be talked into returning, Cook said, “I don’t know.”

Well, maybe the media speculation that the guy who brought Favre to Green Bay, former G.M. Ron Wolf, might be whispering to Bill Parcells about trying to get Favre to Miami is more accurate than we initially thought. Because if Favre wants to play another year and if it’s not with the Packers, then maybe it will be elsewhere.

But if Favre doesn’t play for the Packers in 2008, either because he’s playing for someone else or not playing at all, we think that there could be an enormous backlash against the team. Specifically, G.M. Ted Thompson could find himself in the crosshairs of the fans’ criticism.

Never mind the fact that Thompson has done an excellent job; the perception that he ran off Brett Favre could be the quickest ticket out of town for Thompson.

If, in the end, Thompson gets saddled with the brunt of the blame for Favre’s departure, the pressure on Thompson to leave, too, will be tremendous. And, as a practical matter, it will put him on an incredibly short leash if the team falters in 2008.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back