Welcome to PatsFans.com

Loons Made Her -She's Dropping In The Polls

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

LOONS MADE HER:

Dear Sarah
    So long Sarah, you drove them all nuts for a couple of years especially these partisan bastards, good luck you won't have to worry about the democrats going through your rubbish bags on the next election or that creep Letterman calling your daughters whores, run to the bank with your money that the left wing media made for you then go fishing.
    Your Friend
    Harry

These are the people that made Sarah a Billionaire:
    Sarah Palin: MSNBC's Obsession With Her - The Hollywood Reporter

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

That's a little disingenious, Harry. The "Left Wing" may have wasted some ink and some time on Sarah, sure, but it was "Right Wing" loons like you who actually lined her pockets with silver.

"We" didn't send her campaign money, buy her books, watch her shows, pay to get our pictures taken with her, or put up cold hard cash to see her speak.

Your guys did that all by themselves.

So spin it whatever way you want - either she took you or we did - but the bottom line is, you got taken.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,298 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I actually do think Harry has something of a point. If the left didn't loathe her so much (and make their loathing so well known), the right probably would have dismissed her long ago. In this political climate, it actually makes some sense.

Think of the way the right circled the wagons around Bush for many years.

4. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

There are plenty of folks on the right the left can loathe -- I think it's irrelevant unless a substantial # of folks on the right truly support the person. That goes for Palin, and it goes for Bush.

5. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

So much in this post is amusing.

First, there's harry's ongoing obsession. (Cue the "I'm just stuck reading this stuff on drudge and have no option but to start a new thread every time I read something about her, birthers, Muslims or black criminals.)

Second is the hypocrisy in harry calling anybody else a "partisan bastard."

Third is the idea that it's some kind of badge of honor to have the other side dislike you if you're on the right, but if you're on the left, it makes you divisive, partisan, blah blah blah. By harry's standards, Obama should be lauded because of the right's hatred for him.

Fourth is the support the right gives to Palin's daughter, apparently because she has family around her. Where's that support for teenage moms who don't have supportive families? They can deny it all they want, but I firmly believe we would have heard a very different narrative (from both sides) had it been an unwed black daughter paraded around during the election.

-------------------------------

Not as amusing: When did Letterman call her daughters whores? Specifics, please, harry.

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So you're saying that the right merely liked her because the left did not?

How partisan is that, for cryin out loud???

It doesn't say much for the ability of the right to be able to size up a candidate and decide for themselves how intelligent or unintelligent he or she may be, does it?

All the left was trying to do was point out the truth - which was right there for anyone and everyone to see.

It's sure not their fault if it took some people years to figure it out for themselves.

The right shoulda listened in the first place and saved themselves some time, some money and more than a little embarassment.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If she was a smart person with good ideas and a firm grasp of history, she'd be a very powerful candidate. But she isnt any of those things, and she never was.

8. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,298 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I think it was at least part of her staying power. I'm thinking they saw it this way; if the left hates her so much, she must be doing something right. It's very partisan. Now realize that this sort of thinking happens on both sides of the aisle, and you see we've got real problems in Washington and on Main Street. We're focused very much on the wrong things.

I think, for most Americans, the candidate themselves don't matter. The only thing that matters is the letter between the parentheses. I think it's safe to say that most Americans regard politicians as commodities these days.

Not just the left. I think a lot of Americans saw pretty quickly that she was pretty shallow. I even remember a lot of Republicans backing away from the table before the 2008 elections. Most libertarian types I know never trusted her either. Her rise is an enigma to a lot of people.

Agreed.

9. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,298 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

As I said to Mrs P, I think people may have started liking her for myriad reasons, but part of her staying power definitely had something to do with how much the left loathes her.

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I'm not denying that, Nikolai...what I'm saying is that the left did not give her the money which made her rich today. That's on the right. They were the ones who supported her, sent her checks, bought her books, paid to see her speak and paid to get their pictures taken with her.

If, indeed, the left was responsible for that because the right simply wanted to do what the left did not want them to do (ie: support Palin) then the left actually succeeded in something, didn't they?

All that time and money and effort could have gone into finding a suitable candidate instead of supporting an ill-suited one. All the disharmony and dischord which now fills the Republican party might have been avoided.

Maybe the left didn't loathe her and never feared her at all - just like we've been saying for 3 years now - maybe we just saw her for what she was, which was smoke and illusion.

However, maybe if the left was devious enough and clever enough, maybe they also saw what was happening and consciously (or unconsciously) decided to deliberately contribute to the fracturing of their rival, the "right," by keeping Sarah in the news, knowing full well that no one would actually examine her intelligence or her motives because they were too busy trying to prove to the left that they were, indeed, "right," in their choice of Sarah Palin.

Whether it was by design or accident the end result is the same. The right wasted precious resources on a loser and now are left, with an election rapidly approaching, without a strong candidate.

11. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,298 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I can agree with some of this. Though I do disagree that the left had some loathing for her, and I'm not buying into the idea of a grand left wing conspiracy. ;) I'm not on the left, but even I cringe at the thought of listening to her sound bites and such.

I have a serious question for you. Does the left really like Pelosi? Does the fact that she drives righties crazy endear her more to the left?

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +679 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

No, I don't actually buy into it, either...but then again, I almost never put much faith in conspiracy theories. You have to admit, though, it's really devious, if that's what it is.

I can't speak for the left. I am only one person and my opinions are my own and not necessarily that of any one political party. I think you can tell from the votes a few weeks ago for minority speaker that the party is kinda divided on her, though.

Personally speaking, I don't like her all that much. I admire her for what she's done and the way she's done it. She waited until her family (5 children) was pretty much grown before entering big-time politics. She seldom uses them as political fodder. In fact, I don't think she ever has, but I can't swear by it. I don't remember hearing her ever use them as examples or as a bragging tool, however, and in this day and age that's to be commended, I think.

For all that Harry insists she's an ugly old bat, she's always well put together. Her clothes are age appropriate. She's neat and clean and her hair and make up are usually flawless. She's not out to impress people with her looks and she's not let herself fall to seed, either. Maybe only an old lady can appreciate how difficult that can be day after day after day. :)

She's articulate and intelligent and consistant. I think she's a bit outspoken in her beliefs, but that might be just me. I see no reason to alienate whole groups of people with strident insistance when a soft spoken concilatory tone will work better - and it usually would but she seldom uses it.

She's sometimes a bit too "left," for me, but again, that's just me.

The fact that she drives "righties" crazy is a minus for me. I don't want to drive anyone crazy, I really don't. I think when you start really irritating the other side, you've lost whatever ground you might have been holding. I'm not a confrontational type of person unless it's my last resort. If you are, indeed, correct in your beliefs, there are so many other ways to convince people to see things your way that it seems cheap to simply try to browbeat them by virtue of the fact you can be really obnoxious sometimes.

13. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

Still waiting for the Letterman "quote", harry...

14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Harry Boy ... come on now ... this is "Being a Liberal 101"

Rule 3 section A says: "Seek out those you find repulsive, those who are not liberals which is the only way every human should live their life. Insult them, degrade them, de-humanize them and pat yourself on the back for living a good, wholesome liberal life of loving, sharing, and kindness."

15. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

That's at least as much out of the righty handbook, icy, particularly the religious right / moral majority / whatever you want to call them (or they want to call themselves)

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

The Loons panicked when they saw the standing ovations for just walking onto a stage, if she had been a democrat if she had been one of them they would have canonized her she would have been their "Joan Of Arc, she scared them so much they couldn't stop talking about her, MSNBC was the worst it's hard to imagine now what they will do without her.

Her enemys (Loons) made her bigger than Elvis, when the UFO's finally land the first words they say will be "WE WANT SEE SARAH"

:bricks:

17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

who was giving this zero the standing ovations, harry?

18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9

Something about a ballplayer knocking her up, google it.

19. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

No, you're the one making the claim, harry. Show us where he called any of her daughters "whores"... or are you just making more stuff up? ("Partisan bastards," you say... too funny)

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +994 / 2 / -9