PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks Like We're Not Going Steady With Urban Meyer Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Presuming that anyone "goes steady" these days.

But PFT links to a Pewter Report that Meyer visited Gruden and the Bucs at their OTA ...
and that Gruden will return the favor to Gatorland.
Meyer gushes about Gru as if he were Bill.

Florio then conflates this into Meyer being an heir apparent to Gruden's job next year.

Nick Saban redux?

Shame. Still, BB doesn't seem averse to going down to Florida for other colleges as well, does he? I guess it must be the nicer weather...

I don't see anything in this. Gruden and Belichick are good friends also, I think that Meyer like to associate with them. He well should.

But PFT links to a Pewter Report that Meyer visited Gruden and the Bucs at their OTA ...

Florio then conflates this into Meyer being an heir apparent to Gruden's job next year.

Nick Saban redux?
who cares its a free country, you mean myer can only be friends with belicheck? how silly and stupid, gruden called and meyer says oh no i canrt talk to you im friends with belicheck, get real

Nick Saban redux?

Damn, no more hot tips like Chad Jackson?

I don't think this matters at all, coaches are their own little club. Meyer and BB will continue to talk football because that is their common bond.

They're still good friends. BB spent some time with Meyer in Florida prior to the draft this offseason, and the coaches at Florida invited BB to their men's final four championship game, and they did some other things together the pst six months or so. I think BB might have given a speach to one of their teams, but I can't remember?

Damn, no more hot tips like Chad Jackson?

I don't think this matters at all, coaches are their own little club. Meyer and BB will continue to talk football because that is their common bond.

I might just pray that Chad gets healthy so I can prove I wasn't wrong in plugging him for the Patriots prior to the 2006 draft. I really like the guy, and I thought he was the number 1 WR in the 2006 draft, so hopefully he gets his health situation back to 100%, and cashes in on the potential I could clearly see. Also, there wasn't any warning Chad would have these injuries since he had been extrememly durable throughout college, and most of us who knew anything about him considered that one of his strong suites. But, as noted by NFL doctors sometimes it's just the transer to the NFL. The adjustments being made can sometimes add up to injuries for young players, but after two years in the league those players can make the full adjustment and get healthy.

Last edited:
What a whore.

I don't see anything in this. Gruden and Belichick are good friends also, I think that Meyer like to associate with them. He well should.

I agree. I've been a Gator fan all my life, but even before that, I always thought Meyer was one helluva college coach.

We don't need Gators any more, we have the Nictator back in college action again. Hello Crimson Tide!

It would be as absurd for Meyer to have close connections to only one NFL team as it would for Belichick to have close connections to only one college team.

These types of relationships are as advantageous for Meyer's recruiting effectiveness as they are helpful for the NFL teams as well. Bottom line is how well the NFL teams evaluate the players based on the "inside" information they receive.

Shame. Still, BB doesn't seem averse to going down to Florida for other colleges as well, does he? I guess it must be the nicer weather...

* Isn't BB's new girlfriend from Florida?

makes sense to me, PP knows Defense, and Gruden knows offense. Urban gets some free info and both of them get some inseide scouting on florida players...Win win...

Maybe is mad because Belichick flirted with others by drafting Miami players instead this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes