PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like the Steelers have gotten their rings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyredeemer

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Steelers new SB ring. Really plain and gaudy, but that's just my opinion. I guess that's what they get for allowing Bettis, and Roethisberger help design it.
The Pats rings however are a thing of beauty. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20060605pd_sbxl_ringPJ_230.jpg
    20060605pd_sbxl_ringPJ_230.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they put the 5 Lombardis on there even though the other 4 were about 30 years ago. Maybe that's typical. I realize we put the 3 on even for players who weren't on the team for all 3 but they're within the past few years. Whatever, we need to win this year, it's tough seeing someone else win when we're so used to it.

I don't see the need to bad-mouth a freakin' ring just because it was won by another team. I mean, it's an inanimate object.

Personally, I like it a lot better than our last two. Bigger isn't necessarily better.

BelichickFan said:
Interesting that they put the 5 Lombardis on there even though the other 4 were about 30 years ago. Maybe that's typical. I realize we put the 3 on even for players who weren't on the team for all 3 but they're within the past few years. Whatever, we need to win this year, it's tough seeing someone else win when we're so used to it.

That's what I said. I read in an article that apparently Bettis convinced Rooney to put all five on there because the current Steeler teams were "living in the shadows" of the 70's teams and this put them on their level.

BelichickFan said:

So if the Patriots won the next 2 Super Bowls they should only have 2 trophys on it? I know it irks you but cmon! As a fanchise they have won 5 so the ring is how it should be. Yes it's ugly and looks dull like brass but they are the champs of 05 and nobody can ever take that from them. I do think the Patriots catch them eventually in the ring count and I think sooner more so then later.

Last edited:
holyredeemer said:
Here is a pic of the Steelers new SB ring. Really plain and gaudy, but that's just my opinion. I guess that's what they get for allowing Bettis, and Roethisberger help design it.
The Pats rings however are a thing of beauty. What do you guys think?

It's ok. I wonder if the refs in XL are getting one, too...:)

MrTibbs said:
So if the Patriots won the next 2 Super Bowls they should only have 2 Trophys on it?
I didn't say that - I said I don't know how it's done. What I would have expected had someone asked me out of the blue would be one. In fact with the Patriots I would have had 3 slightly different designs, with 1, 2 or 3 oon there depending how many SB the player was with the team. It just interested me as the other four were so long ago. Not saying it's wrong or stupid just not what my intuition would have guessed.

Personally, I think it looks pretty good. It needs to be more polished, but overall it's alright.

BelichickFan said:
I didn't say that - I said I don't know how it's done. What I would have expected had someone asked me out of the blue would be one. In fact with the Patriots I would have had 3 slightly different designs, with 1, 2 or 3 oon there depending how many SB the player was with the team. It just interested me as the other four were so long ago. Not saying it's wrong or stupid just not what my intuition would have guessed.

The number is always for what the franchise has won and not the player. The Niners and Cowboys did the same thing with their rings.

If you're going to start varying the design based on which player contributed to how many titles, you are complicating the matter for little reason and that is an idea no team has ever entertained.

Chevy said:
Personally, I think it looks pretty good. It needs to be more polished, but overall it's alright.
Yeah, I like it but think it would have looked better with less black and more shine/sparkle to it. My favorite is still our first one. I do like how you can see the SB roman numerals on the little Lombardis.

If I were Belichick I'd blow up a big picture of that and put in in the workout room. That image makes me want to puke and gets me fired up for the 2006 season. I bet it would get the blood flowing a little extra in Foxboro.

Ick.

The ring does look good, though, despite the team.

I think it looks pretty "tight", though it pains me to see a SB ring without a Flying Elvis on it.

I didn't want to be the one to say it......

Jacky Roberts said:
It's ok. I wonder if the refs in XL are getting one, too...:)

But I am glad you said it........and you are right...the refs should get a ring as well........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back