PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like the Pats will be in London longer than expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!! It was them. They are all tweeting now, landed safely!

Great news.

Evidently the boarding delay at Heathrow was due to authorities trying to prevent Gronkowski from boarding a Virgin.

If they are on Virgin I think they are landing as I type... Only flight coming across the pond that matches and nothing commercial left for Boston this AM.

According to the Massport Website, that Virgin Atlantic Flight landed at 11:42 local time.

bianca wilfork‏@mrs75

So thankful

8mRon Brace‏@Braceyoself97

Back in America

7mStevan Ridley‏@StevanRidley

Safe travels.. We are Back in the B!

7mChandler Jones‏@Chan95Jones

Thank God for a safe flight from London back to Boston!

6mJason+Devin McCourty‏@McCourtyTwins

BOSTON....WE MADE IT...tell Sandy we here and ready to survive it (D-Mac)

4mNew England Patriots‏@Patriots

Another Patriots touchdown! This time at Logan Airport.

Scott Zolak‏@scottzolak

We are in! God Bless America and Virgin Airline pilot #gameball

:D

Last edited:
Yay!! It was them. They are all tweeting now, landed safely!

Gr8 news!

For all the joking that fans sometimes make about a disaster befalling a rival team; plane crash, asteroid, etc, this was one time when it was really something to be a bit concerned about.

Last edited:
bianca wilfork‏@mrs75

So thankful ������

8mRon Brace‏@Braceyoself97

Back in America

7mStevan Ridley‏@StevanRidley

Safe travels.. We are Back in the B!

7mChandler Jones‏@Chan95Jones

Thank God for a safe flight from London back to Boston!

6mJason+Devin McCourty‏@McCourtyTwins

BOSTON....WE MADE IT...tell Sandy we here and ready to survive it (D-Mac)

4mNew England Patriots‏@Patriots

Another Patriots touchdown! This time at Logan Airport.

Scott Zolak‏@scottzolak

We are in! God Bless America and Virgin Airline pilot #gameball

:D

Yup, just came on to post. D-Mac posted on FB that they just landed at Logan.

Runways at JFK and LaGuardia are going under water...

Good to hear they landed

I never was aboard a virgin before,I wonder if there was alot of turbulence :eek:

Twitter @Patriots

Big thanks to our awesome @VirginAtlantic crew for getting us back to Boston, safe & sound! Photo by patriots - Instagram

632c2e2021e511e2bbe622000a1c8847_7.jpg

LOL Bianca just tweeted a parking lot photo collage that appears to be their pit stop at Home Depot... Looks like the big guy wanted to have a chain saw handy...

Photo by mrs75 • Instagram

Could have used him in my neighborhood about an hour ago as the first tree hit the road.

Retweeted by Jason LaCanfora:

David Tossell‏@David_Tossell

For those asking, both #NFLLondon teams were able to fly this morning. The NE Patriots' landing destination to be determined during flight

If they aren't too much longer they should be able to land at Logan. Much beyond noontime that window may close. Airport is still open with some, although not much activity as far as take offs and landings. Right now the weather here is still fine, some gusty winds but not consistent and not above 40 MPH. They are closing down public transit at 2PM.

It's understandable that people were so concerned, but the Patriots wouldn't have been allowed to take off by US ground control if there wasn't an airport that could handle their equipment and that was projected to have viable landing conditions and was within their fuel range and the scope of their flight duration. They were on a charter from a company whose Chairman is one of the most powerful folks in the UK and sat with the Krafts during the game, so you knew there would be no problems (a) getting the equipment when and where they wanted it and (b) having the strings pulled to get them out of Heathrow if they had preferred to depart on Sunday night after the curfew. Once they were in the air, the only question was "Logan or Bangor," with, most likely, Montreal as a very long-shot emergency fallback.

As I write the above, I do note that all of that just looks different if you've clocked as many international flight miles as I have. "You can fly to Bangor or Logan or maybe Montreal, or take a chance on spending two or three days in a hotel where you are?" Easy choice, let's get going.

They were coming in from the north six hours before the storm's landfall in southern New Jersey. We should remember that the timing of the airport and other closings, etc., to which many references have been made here, are to assure that the general public is safe, with many hours of "cushion" to allow for the anticipated moronic behavior of a few. In other words, the rules for Commercial and General aviation are different.

Last edited:
It's understandable that people were so concerned, but the Patriots wouldn't have been allowed to take off by US ground control if there wasn't an airport that could handle their equipment and that was projected to have viable landing conditions for the plane they were on that was within their fuel range and the scope of their flight duration. They were on a charter from a company whose Chairman is one of the most powerful folks in the UK and sat with the Krafts during the game, so you knew there would be no problems (a) getting the equipment when and where they wanted it and (b) having the strings pulled to get them out of Heathrow if they had preferred to depart on Sunday night after the curfew. Once they were in the air, the only question was "Logan or Bangor," with, most likely, Montreal as a very long-shot emergency fallback.

SAs I write the above, I do note that all of that just looks different if you've clocked as many international flight miles as I have. "You can fly to Bangor or Logan or maybe Montreal, or take a chance on spending two or three days in a hotel where you are?" Easy choice, let's get going.

They were coming in from the north six hours before the storm's landfall in southern New Jersey. We should remember that the timing of the airport and other closings, etc., to which many references have been made here, are to assure that the general public is safe, with many hours of "cushion" to allow for the anticipated moronic behavior of a few. In other words, the rules for Commercial and General aviation are different.
I know the big apple got pummeled,but how was your general local area right now P74?

I know the big apple got pummeled,but how was your general local area right now P74?

Thanks for asking. I'm north of 39th street, so we have power and otherwise got through the storm as among the "lucky ones" in this part of the northeast. Lower Manhattan, as I believe the national news has reported, is pretty much a mess. Sixty miles of subway tunnels are flooded, as is all of LaGuardia and much of Kennedy. New York Hospital is less than a mile from here and we heard the ambulances evacuating 200 or so patients all night. Staten Island and parts of Long Island and Queens on the water were hit hard. Most of the folks who had a problem had ignored evacuation warnings.

But, the worst of the storm was south or here and most New Yorkers consider themselves fortunate not to be in New Jersey, which really took it on the chin and could be weeks recovering.

Bottom line, for most of us in Manhattan it was a wet and windy walk in the park from which we'll recover in about a week in comparison to 911. And, I do like it that we have a mayor who, reasonably politely, told the President today not to come to the city tomorrow because he would disrupt the recovery efforts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back