PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like the Pats may have played their last 1 PM game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lansdowne

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
November 13, 2007
Pats-Eagles sticks
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots' home game against the Eagles on Nov. 25 will remain at 8:15 p.m. on NBC.

The NFL could have flexed the game out of the prime-time spot, with the idea that NBC could have picked either the Jets' or Dolphins' games later in the season.

With the Patriots-Eagles game remaining at 8:15 p.m., the Patriots can not have any more games moved to prime-time because they have the maximum six games in prime-time. The team's next three games are all in prime-time.

It is still possible that the Dec. 16 home game against the Jets, and the Dec. 23 home game against the Dolphins, could be moved to 4:15 p.m. The thought process behind moving a game from 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. is that there are fewer games at 4:15 p.m., and that can lead to a larger television audience.

The Patriots' remaining schedule:

# Nov. 18 -- at Buffalo (8:15 p.m.)
# Nov. 25 -- vs. Philadelphia (8:15 p.m.)
# Dec. 3 -- at Baltimore (8:30 p.m.)
# Dec. 9 -- vs. Pittsburgh (4:15 p.m.)
# Dec. 16 -- vs. Jets (1 p.m.)*
# Dec. 23 -- vs. Miami (1 p.m.)*
# Dec. 29 -- at Giants (8:15 p.m.)
* could move to 4:15 p.m.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/patseagles_stic.html

November 13, 2007
Pats-Eagles sticks
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots' home game against the Eagles on Nov. 25 will remain at 8:15 p.m. on NBC.

The NFL could have flexed the game out of the prime-time spot, with the idea that NBC could have picked either the Jets' or Dolphins' games later in the season.

With the Patriots-Eagles game remaining at 8:15 p.m., the Patriots can not have any more games moved to prime-time because they have the maximum six games in prime-time. The team's next three games are all in prime-time.

It is still possible that the Dec. 16 home game against the Jets, and the Dec. 23 home game against the Dolphins, could be moved to 4:15 p.m. The thought process behind moving a game from 1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. is that there are fewer games at 4:15 p.m., and that can lead to a larger television audience.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/patseagles_stic.html
I can deal with 4:15 games but the night ones really suck for me on a purely selfish level so I'm glad they can't make the rest of them prime-time games. I guess that's the price we fans pay for success. :)

the game againat Miami (wk 16) can't be moved accoring to the Patriots website because week 16 is a holiday weekend and is not subject to change.

the game againat Miami (wk 16) can't be moved accoring to the Patriots website because week 16 is a holiday weekend and is not subject to change.

Can't be changed at all or just couldn't go from a 1:00 to an 8:15?

One of the Football Night in America nitwits will probably burst a blood vessel having to talk about the Patriots two weeks in a row.

Prime time games three weeks in a row (with two on the same network) - has this ever happened before?

Stupid. Should have flexed out of the Philly game and into the Jets game. Clearly.

As much as the networks want to showcase the Pats' quest for perfection, they also want to maximize their revenues in the New York market.

I would have thought that moving the Jets game to the afternoon would hurt ratings in NYC.

The Giants have an evening game, so there is no actual conflict.

But I would still not be surprised if there are special rules concerning flexible scheduling and New York teams.

that is bssssssssss...so on all those night games they will be getting to sleep at after 1am for sure...i am thinking it will take a toll on them. and the 3 away 8 pm games...forget it..monday is lost....like short weeks everytime

Stupid. Should have flexed out of the Philly game and into the Jets game. Clearly.

Agree. That's a total no-brainer. The Iggles are terrible and the jets game has MAJOR cache. I wonder if it's a hedge - they'd rather have the sure-thing that the Patriots will still be undefeated v. Philly, whereas the jet game, coming later, would be risky since by then the Pats could have lost. (I know this is stupid since, even if the Pats did lose, the jet game would STILL be a huge story.)

Whether or not they can move the Pats/Dolphins game, why would they? Why would anyone outside the regions of those two teams want to see the best team in the NFL facing the worst team in the NFL. I know the Jets suck, but the whole Belichick/Mangini thing may be enough to get a national stage. I don't see Pats/Dolphins doing it though. I wouldn't be surprised if we got CBS' Z-team for that one.

I would've lost a bet here. I'd have thought they'd flex the Eagles out of primetime just in case it looked like the Pats could go 16-0. I would think they would want the last game in primetime if that had potential of happening.

Does anyone else think that 3 primetime games in a row like that is going to hurt our quest for perfection?

Whether or not they can move the Pats/Dolphins game, why would they? Why would anyone outside the regions of those two teams want to see the best team in the NFL facing the worst team in the NFL. I know the Jets suck, but the whole Belichick/Mangini thing may be enough to get a national stage. I don't see Pats/Dolphins doing it though. I wouldn't be surprised if we got CBS' Z-team for that one.

Down here in South Florida a lot of people are talking about that game being the Dolphins' season, with the opportunity to still be the only undefeated team in history. I think NBC could work with this and market the '72 team, therefore creating a buzz that would go away somewhere around the 12 minute mark of the first quarter.

If the Jest and Miami games are moved, nothing but football under the lights for the rest of the year. I'm assuming the playoff games will be in prime time as well. I like my Patriots games in the sunlight, d%#*!@t!

Last edited:
One of the Football Night in America nitwits will probably burst a blood vessel having to talk about the Patriots two weeks in a row.

Prime time games three weeks in a row (with two on the same network) - has this ever happened before?
Actually, at least once, I forget what team, but it happened in 2001 (actually 2002?) when week 2 was postponed to after week 17 due to 9/11. By chance, this put a team on MNF for two weeks in a row.

OTOH, consecutive night games between SNF and MNF is actually quite common, so it wouldn't surprise that anyone ever had a SNF game sandwiched between two MNF or vice versa.

My vote would be Olbermann, but after the idiocy of his commentary in the first few weeks of the season, they seem to have neutered him to only doing the highlight color. Not that he doesn't try to inject something lame there too - when he isn't messing up the team/player names.

Also, it's interesting to note that they have changed to separate sets now for Costas/Olbermann and Barber/Collinsworth/Bettis. Probably to keep Collinsworth and Tiki from making fun of poor Keithy, like they did in the first shows.

R

Last edited:
I've had to adjust my sleeping habit last 3 weeks ! Being 8 hours ahead of ET i try sleeping around midnight amd wake up 4am to watch the SUPER PATS !!! 4.15 games better for me but hey every Pats game Live here so not complaining at all. Have to cherish every moment right now. Never been happier in my life. GO PATS.

I would've lost a bet here. I'd have thought they'd flex the Eagles out of primetime just in case it looked like the Pats could go 16-0. I would think they would want the last game in primetime if that had potential of happening.

The last game is the only Saturday game and is already in prime time... but it's on NFL Network only (except for local markets). So there was never even a remote possibility of it getting flexed.

The good news about these scheduling changes is the boys still dont do alot of long distance traveling. Their longest flight is to Baltimore. So they play at Buffalo, at NY, and at Baltimore. That's really not much travel no matter what time the games are played. And if the changes in times allow more people to see them nationally Im all for it. All the more to witness the domination!

The last game is the only Saturday game and is already in prime time... but it's on NFL Network only (except for local markets). So there was never even a remote possibility of it getting flexed.
Can you imagine the cable companies switch boards when fans realize they can't watch this game because their cable company is too cheap to carry the NFL network? This could get funny? Pats with a chance to go 16-0 and the bulk of the fans can't see it. Goodell is going to have to do something.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes