PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like Oliver Hoyte made the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I know some of you have been riding Casale of PFW about Hoyte and I think unfairly because a lot of his draft stuff was really right on if you take the time to read it. It is being reported that Hoyte not only made the active roster but is the second-team ILB behind Bradie James. Say what you want but considering the Cowboys run a very similar defensive system to the Patriots and Casale said New England would be a perfect fit for him, looks like he was at least somewhat right. I think it's funny some of you say, "I wouldn't listen to what he has to say, he liked Oliver Hoyte" and then Hoyte goes out and makes an NFL roster as an undrafted free agent. How is that being wrong? I thought for sure he would land on the practice squad and New England, who apparently showed interest in him before the draft, would pick him up. Anyway, I know most of those idiots at PFW are hacks but you guys should check out his draft stuff next year. I know you all hate to listen to anyone who isn't a poster here but his stuff is pretty good and insightful, even though I don't always agree what he says. Hank Baskett, Hoyte, Wali Lundy, Jerious Norwood and Anthony Smith were all guys he was really high on and after one draft, that's not a bad track record.

He played well in preseason. I didn't think he had a prayer of making the Cowboys and was hoping the Patriots would snatch him up. Oh well, didn't read PFW's draft stuff but kudos to them. Hoyte looks like he might be a player in the near future in the Cowboys 3-4 defense with his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes