Welcome to PatsFans.com

Looks like Jon Benet Ramsay's killer found...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 17, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

this guy confessed to this heinous crime, wonder what he was doing in Thailand... I did not like how she was treated, like a doll, but it is too bad that her mom died not knowing how this case was resolved.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/17/ramsey.arrest/index.html

(CNN) -- In a shocking twist to an already bizarre and riveting mystery, Thai police on Thursday said the man arrested in connection with the 1996 slaying of little JonBenet Ramsey has confessed to the crime.

Nearly a decade after the body of the child beauty queen was found in the basement of her family's sprawling Colorado home -- setting off a media sensation and years of speculation regarding her killer -- authorities on Wednesday had announced they had arrested a suspect halfway around the world.

A law enforcement official identified the suspect as John Mark Karr, 41, a former schoolteacher and an American citizen. A U.S. government source in Bangkok, Thailand, said Karr was arrested there Wednesday and was in Thai police custody.

Karr was arrested at his apartment in Bangkok, said Thai Immigration police Maj. Akkrapong Sunthornvipak. He spent Wednesday night at Bangkok's Immigration Detention Center.
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sad story. There was a time when I was convinced the mom, dad or the older brother did it.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

There was a mention on TV yesterday that Mrs. Ramsey was told about the suspect before her death. Sad story hope they have the killer so he can't harm any more children, you shudder to think how many other children he has harmed.
  4. DeanPatsFan

DeanPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If this guy truly is the killer, he needs to be fried.

Maybe we can have a national lottery on who gets to pull the switch.....
    I'd pay for that opportunity.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2005
  5. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My sentiments exactly.
    I never liked the fact that the mother had dolled up the little girl for all those contests and all but as a mother she lost her little girl, spent so many years as a prime suspect and was treated as such by all, including the media, all the while not knowing who had done it.
    If guilty, he should have to pay for that, as well.
  6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Dear Patsy Ramsey:

I'm terribly sorry for thinking that you had something to do with your daughter's murder. I hope that the two of you are re-united in heaven now.

Sincerely:
    FTW
  7. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I always assumed it was the brother. The Thailand thing is also very scary, I hope a thorough investigation is made over there. Much too easy for a creep to abuse children in Thailand unfortunately.
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not even necessary, they'll take care of this guy in prison better than our death penalty ever could (I don't think you're legally allowed the pound a guy to death, but they don't look very kindly on child molesters in prison).
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

There's actually very legit questions about whether this confession is legit. His ex wife says he was home with her in, I think, Georgia that Christmas.

And being my politically incorrect self, the parents are still indirectly responsible. While legal, they have no business sending a 6 year old girl on stage in the suggestive and sexual way that they did. If they hadn't, Jon Benet would still be alive. Mrs. Ramsey's ego to watch her daughter prance around like that is what created this possibility in the first place.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not sure this guy has a firm grasp on reality and I am not sure I necessarily believe everything he is now saying. It will be very interesting to see what comes out in the coming days.
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it was actually Alabama but yes, it is a very interesting discrepancy.

I concur in spades. The parents' actions were absolutely reprehensible. My wife remarked that one of her little outfits made her look like a mini-Vegas stripper.
  13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Damn it, NEM, we're not supposed to agree ;)
  14. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, then I am not going to say that I agree as well that her mother's treatment of this poor little girl and dressing her up in those ridicilious outfits helped open the door to this maniac; but man, what mother deserves to go through what she went through?
    I cannot even imagine it, as a father of a baby girl.
    May they both rest in peace and may the father and brother have closure and the strength to go on.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

As much as I do not like what mamma Ramsay did, I disagree, this guy would find a victim in a polio ward. It has little to do with her outfits and dance, it has more to do with his sicko attitudes about sex and little girls. When it all comes out this guy will have a string of victims, most of which are not juvenile models.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Saw him on the news today. he looks very young and definitely looks messed up in the head. If I saw a picture of him and was not aware of his being arrested I would say the dude belongs to a cult of some kind...he has that glassy eyed hollow stare about him..real, real creepy.

[​IMG]
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah he is definitely a creepy one. But I have a hunch he is not guilty of this particular crime. Don't get me wrong... he's a lowlife that deserves to be put away... but there are an awful lot of holes in his story. I guess we'll all find out when they do the DNA testing.
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

I can never blame a victim for their crime, just a personal belief... blaming Jon Benet for being raped and murdered seriously begs the issue. Like I said when we find all the details, there will be other victims less attractive than Jon Benet who were not all dressed up.. do you blame them or do you hold the dude accountable for what he did.
  19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't blame victims for their crimes, but that doesn't change the fact that there are smart ways to behave and then there are not-so-smart ways to behave with regards to personal safety.

In this particular instance, I would never blame a 6 year old who simply didn't know any better. But the parents behaved in a manner I find to be completely distasteful and maybe even a bit reprehensible.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anybody wanna jump on this bandwagon with me..? This guy's story has more holes than swiss cheese.