PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks Like it's Time to Ride the Blount Train Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Just glanced at the Foxboro weather and the "chance" of rain seems confirmed. Except it's 100% chance every hour anywhere near the game with 23 mph winds.

Looks like Buffalo. Time to light up a Blount!

The rain worries me because I don't want to see fumbles but on the bright side, the Patriots have played a lot in the rain this season and must have a better grasp of it now.

Hopefully we'll have good ball control and it'll be a total fumble fiasco for Indianapolis that won't be used to it at all.

I think it was going to be ride the Blount train regardless of the weather. Except the first play. That will probably be a play action to Blount, looking to go deep for a quick seven.

Yes, beat them to death with a Blount instrument!

Patriots charged with animal cruelty after signs of Blount force trauma to the lowly colts.

Choo ******* choo.

The rain worries me because I don't want to see fumbles but on the bright side, the Patriots have played a lot in the rain this season and must have a better grasp of it now.

Hopefully we'll have good ball control and it'll be a total fumble fiasco for Indianapolis that won't be used to it at all.

One can only hope.

Blount force trama. A very good runner in those conditions.

The way I see it, any conditions that place emphasis on the ground game will benefit us. Indy can't run the ball worth a damn. You don't trade your first round pick for a RB midseason unless you're desperate, which makes it all the worse for you when that RB turns out to suck.

Blount has an unusual gliding style. Probably contributes to him not being as good in short yardage as a 250 lb.er should, but optimum for sloppy conditions.

I'm just concerned that we will get "too cute" tomorrow. Patriots always have to be the smartest ones in the rooms at times.. Instead of running Blount into the ground tomorrow, watch him end up with 6 carries, and Brandon Bolden carry the rock 22 times..

I just can't see Bill Belichick being too cute to keep pounding the ball with Blount, as long as it's working...

blount will be key if they are to win tomorrow

I'm just concerned that we will get "too cute" tomorrow. Patriots always have to be the smartest ones in the rooms at times.. Instead of running Blount into the ground tomorrow, watch him end up with 6 carries, and Brandon Bolden carry the rock 22 times..

This post makes no sense, either in the point you are trying to make (which makes no sense) or in the line where you say "always...at times."

Always, at times. Awesome.

I don't know about this, how many of our fumbles did we recover in the Bills game? It is not like we were not putting the ball on the ground.

I was thinking: what if the Pats win the Super Bowl this year because all three remaining games are in foul weather and Blount is difference-maker. It would go down as one of the best trades in NFL history. :rocker:

This post makes no sense, either in the point you are trying to make (which makes no sense) or in the line where you say "always...at times."

Always, at times. Awesome.

read it again .. it will make sense ..

I like Blount against the 3-4 defenses of Baltimore and Buffalo, but with the Colts running more of a 4-3 hybrid defense IMO Ridley and Vareen will be more effective.

But who knows. Go Pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots