PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

looks like I'm coming to foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumbrunner

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After over a decade since I watched the Pats play in Minneapolis, I finally get to watch them live again.

The wife and I are making the trek from Winnipeg for the AFCC. I can't be more excited. Tickets weren't cheap, but hey how often do you get to see your favorite team at 17-0 looking to go to the superbowl.

Looking forward to cheering with the home crowd!!!

Last edited:
That's awesome Fumbrunner! Have a WONDERFUL time, and please give us a full account afterwards.

anyone have any suggestions on areas to hang out? good restaurants? etc.

first time in the Boston area.

That's great! Have a fun and safe trip!

anyone have any suggestions on areas to hang out? good restaurants? etc.

first time in the Boston area.

Are you staying in Boston?

After over a decade since I watched the Pats play in Minneapolis, I finally get to watch them live again.

The wife and I are making the trek from Winnipeg for the AFCC. I can't be moe excited. Tickets weren't cheap, but hey how often do you get to see your favorite team at 17-0 looking to go to the superbowl.

Looking forward to cheering with the home crowd!!!

excellent. welcome to our Mecca

Luciano's isn't too far from the stadium on route 1. but it's a bit pricey

Are you staying in Boston?

I'm looking around the net for some hotels right now in the boston area. Flight is booked, car is booked, now i need a hotel!!

foxboro is south of boston, right?

foxboro is south of boston, right?

just travel down interstate 93, take the exit onto 95 south and eventually route 1 will be an exit (take it) and there will be a lot of traffic :D

you won't have too much trouble

Last edited:
I'm looking around the net for some hotels right now in the boston area. Flight is booked, car is booked, now i need a hotel!!

If you stay in Boston (not cheap, but definitely off-peak season), stay around the Back Bay. You can get the Patriots Train from Back Bay Station. That way you don't have to worry about using the rent a car in 10 degrees weatherfor the game, the traffic, directions, etc.

If you stay in Boston (not cheap, but definitely off-peak season), stay around the Back Bay. You can get the Patriots Train from Back Bay Station. That way you don't have to worry about using the rent a car in 10 degrees weatherfor the game, the traffic, directions, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I just booked at the Days in near soldiers field rd. How much will the train run me? How long does it take to get to the field?

Thanks for the tip. I just booked at the Days in near soldiers field rd. How much will the train run me? How long does it take to get to the field?

I found some information for you. Scroll to the bottom of the page

http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadium_information/index.cfm?ac=patriotsparking

Public Transportation (MBTA) for Patriots Games ONLY!

The MBTA runs service to and from all New England Patriots home games.
Tickets are $12 for the round trip and may be purchased for cash only. No other Commuter Rail tickets or passes may be used.
Coolers and backpacks will not be allowed on the trains. No personal possessions may be left on the trains. Trains will depart Foxboro 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
For more information about attending Patriots games via MBTA, log onto their site at www.mbta.com , or call 617-222-3200, or the ticket office info line at (800) 543-1776.
MBTA Schedule for Patriots Games (Last modified: January 14, 2008)

From South Station
Depart
South Station 1:00 P.M.
Back Bay 1:05 P.M.
Dedham Corp. 1:20 P.M.
Norwood Central 1:25 P.M.
Arrive
Foxboro/Gillette Stadium 2:05 P.M.
From Providence
Depart
Providence 1:00 P.M.
S. Attleboro 1:10 P.M.
Attleboro 1:20 P.M.
Mansfield 1:25 P.M.
Arrive
Foxboro/Gillette Stadium 2:00 P.M.

Trains will depart 30 minutes after the completion of the game.

I found some information for you. Scroll to the bottom of the page

http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadium_information/index.cfm?ac=patriotsparking

Public Transportation (MBTA) for Patriots Games ONLY!

The MBTA runs service to and from all New England Patriots home games.
Tickets are $12 for the round trip and may be purchased for cash only. No other Commuter Rail tickets or passes may be used.
Coolers and backpacks will not be allowed on the trains. No personal possessions may be left on the trains. Trains will depart Foxboro 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game.
For more information about attending Patriots games via MBTA, log onto their site at www.mbta.com , or call 617-222-3200, or the ticket office info line at (800) 543-1776.
MBTA Schedule for Patriots Games (Last modified: January 14, 2008)

From South Station
Depart
South Station 1:00 P.M.
Back Bay 1:05 P.M.
Dedham Corp. 1:20 P.M.
Norwood Central 1:25 P.M.
Arrive
Foxboro/Gillette Stadium 2:05 P.M.
From Providence
Depart
Providence 1:00 P.M.
S. Attleboro 1:10 P.M.
Attleboro 1:20 P.M.
Mansfield 1:25 P.M.
Arrive
Foxboro/Gillette Stadium 2:00 P.M.

Trains will depart 30 minutes after the completion of the game.

Awesome! Thanks. $40 for parking!!! wow!

The only experience I have with parking for NFL games is at the metrodome and still pretty affordable. I guess being downtown helps.

I know people who have taken the train and they tell me it was great! It's a party down...and back. I'm told if you want to have a beer or maybe two..three right there you can.
I have in the next town over from where you're staying. You're best bet is to get over to Harvard Square. If walking from your hotel it's about 20 minutes, If you're renting a car you can park anywhere in the square on a Sunday morning and it's free. Take the subway in the Square (the red line inbound) to South Station. Then you're golden!

Awesome! Thanks. $40 for parking!!! wow!

The only experience I have with parking for NFL games is at the metrodome and still pretty affordable. I guess being downtown helps.

Fumbrunner, if you're at the Days Inn on Soldiers Field Road, you are definitely NOT downtown. I believe that's on the Brighton/Newton line. Best thing to do would be to take your rental car from the hotel to the Dedham MBTA Station and then catch the train from there.

It's going to be a bit warm for you down here ... bring sunscreen.. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes