PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks Like Givens Won't Even be Visiting Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
"Givens and taken away: The first weird free-agency report of the night came from Cleveland, when the team's Web site reportedly signed Patriots wide receiver David Givens and Ravens punter Dave Zastudil. The only problem was it wasn't true. Now, Given's isn't even going to visit Cleveland. Givens will be in Miami Saturday and will go to the Houston Texans on Sunday. The price tag for Givens went up above where the Browns wanted to pay. Givens' agent, Brad Blank, theorized that someone hacked into the Browns' computer, which is what accounted for the mistake."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2363621

Ah well, it added some excitement ;)

If he doesn't end up back here, I hope he goes to the Texans. I really wouldn't want to see him in our division again. If that happens and the Dolphins get Brees and he gets back to how he was before the injury, he'd have a great target in Givens.

smg93 said:
If he doesn't end up back here, I hope he goes to the Texans.
Yeah, I hear Houston's a nice place to live. Go there, Givens.

i really really hope too to do not see him in MIA uniform...

please...

Go to Houston !

Sounds like Givens and his agent may have priced themselves out of the market. Cleveland is one of the teams that has the most money to spend.

Willie55 said:
Sounds like Givens and his agent may have priced themselves out of the market. Cleveland is one of the teams that has the most money to spend.

Not sure how you get that. He still has two visits lined up and what is much more likely is after Blank told the Browns what Mia and Houston were talking about paying they decided it was more than they wanted to pay for Givens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes