PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like BB wants a second shot at Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I personally think it was a smart choice. Why recreate having to go to SD then to Indy. I prefer the short trip first. Obviously you need to take care of next weekend, but Indy has shut it down two consectutive weeks. They'll have the bye week. SD is not going to lose their game, I think they'll be hosting the Championship game.

I can only hope that if we get a chance at Indy that there will be a concerted effort for the running game, then you'll have Wilfork and Warren back.

It's pretty obvious BB wants Indy. To not put Brady in at the end of the game pretty much says you don't care if you lose the game.

Re: Looks like BB wants a second shot at Indy.

It's pretty obvious BB wants Indy. To not put Brady in at the end of the game pretty much says you don't care if you lose the game.

Or BB has been watching game tape of Brady's fourth quarter performances this year.

Or BB has been watching game tape of Brady's fourth quarter performances this year.

that's a good point too. he should have pulled the defense

If Belichick wanted to play INDY, Brady, Moss and Welker would NOT have played today.

I personally think it was a smart choice. Why recreate having to go to SD then to Indy. I prefer the short trip first. Obviously you need to take care of next weekend, but Indy has shut it down two consectutive weeks. They'll have the bye week. SD is not going to lose their game, I think they'll be hosting the Championship game.

I can only hope that if we get a chance at Indy that there will be a concerted effort for the running game, then you'll have Wilfork and Warren back.

Yeah, that's obviously what he wanted. :rolleyes:

Its still entirely possible for us to get the #3 seed anyways because if Cincy loses to NY tonight, wont we have the higher strength of schedule?

If the Bengals lose, we have the #3

If Belichick wanted to play INDY, Brady, Moss and Welker would NOT have played today.

yeah and if Indy didn't want to go undefeated then Peyton wouldn't have played at all today

If we play Pats football for 60 min, we will beat Indy.

If we play pats football, we will have full control of the game in the first half and then miserably fail on both offense and defense in the 2nd half to lose the game late in the fourth.

To win in the playoffs, this must happen:

On offense, we need the power run game to be great. No turnovers, play smart ball control football, limit the penalties, and the run game needs to set up playaction to Moss, Watson.

On Defense, we need a bend but dont break defense. This was working great today by holding Houston to FG attempts but once again failed in the end with houston scoring TDs on their final 3 drives. I chalk todays game up to us just not caring and playing very vanilla in the second half but still i dont want to see any repeat performances in the playoffs. Do these things and i give us as good a chance as any of making it to the super bowl.

except we aren't playing pats football this year.

no welker + brady rib, finger injury = early exit from playoffs

You mean that Pats football that includes stupid penalties, inconsistent offensive playcalling, and a defense that phones it in after 3 quarters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes