PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking forward to the new Sports Radio Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
little birdie says 3am - 1pm will be all 3 patriots super bowls (the wins) re-run.

is there a link to the new sports station online ? i need an alternative to eei.

Well, they did apparently sign a fresh voice from Miami (who also subs on WFAN) to go up against Mikey... Not sure he's got talent, but he's a native NY'er and lover of the Yankees and Giants so at least he will provide an alternative to those who hate Mikey's sox talk...

He refers to Brady as Mr. Bunchen...

Perhaps his target demographic is the CT audience who never warmed to the Boston teams....

Great, so a Boston based sports talk radio show hires a Yankees/Giants ballwasher to host a show?

Wonderful.

Best thing EEI ever did was can the "Yankee talk" Saturdays; who the Christ wants to hear Mike from Canton, Joey from the North End, Frank from Gloucester, John from Malden and Steve from Waltham call every Saturday and talk Yankee talk; call the FAN if you want to spout that crap, it was like fingernails down a chalkboard listening to those azzholes.

And they hired Tanguay; he reminds me of the high school geek who wore his gym shorts up to his armpits, black socks and got stuffed into his locker everyday. He is a total geek; and lose the glasses, you're a moron and they don't make you "look" any smarter than you are.

And Gresh? Wonderful, now we can listen to him babble about the Steelers, the team I hate more than any other team in the NFL, they'll have Steeler fans with their single digit IQ's calling in reminding everyone how they have 6 Super Bowl titles, like I really give a sh!t; the two they got this decade were won WITHOUT going through the Patriots and they beat not one, but two of the worst NFC Champions to ever play in the Super Bowl; do that once and you're legit, otherwise, you're a fraud Champion.

I'll stick with EEI thanks.....................

Last edited:
And Gresh? Wonderful, now we can listen to him babble about the Steelers, the team I hate more than any other team in the NFL, they'll have Steeler fans with their single digit IQ's calling in reminding everyone how they have 6 Super Bowl titles, like I really give a sh!t; the two they got this decade were won WITHOUT going through the Patriots and they beat not one, but two of the worst NFC Champions to ever play in the Super Bowl; do that once and you're legit, otherwise, you're a fraud Champion.

So people are going to bash the new radio station based on a radio host who isn't on it. If you hate Andy Gresh, don't listen to Sirius Radio station 123 from 7PM to midnight because that is where Andy Gresh is working. He is not on WBZ-FM. If Gresh appears on WBZ FM it will most likely be contained to his regular job of pregame and postgame cohost on Patriots broadcasts, but that isn't any different than WBCN. In fact, that may be limited because he will have a conflict on Monday night games with his current gig and may have to sit out those games.

Contrary to popular belief, Andy Gresh and Gary Tanguay aren't joined at the hip.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the hate for Felger. I love the Pats as much as anyone. But, I will take the objective on looker over a big time homer like a Fred Smerlas anyday.

Even if you don't like Felger....at least he talks football. More than I can say for anyone else in this town.

Felger an "objective onlooker?!" Not quite, he always plays the other side and the controversial side even if there is no merit to his argument. He's a windbag full of hot air.

If Gresh appears on WBZ FM it will most likely be contained to his regular job of pregame and postgame cohost on Patriots broadcasts, but that isn't any different than WBCN.
Contrary to popular belief, Andy Gresh and Gary Tanguay aren't joined at the hip.

Here's my issue. We have arguably one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, a team who is under a national microscope. Shouldn't we have someone "better" than Gresh analyzing the team? He is un-listenable.

Yeah...I don't like him. His analysis is off the mark most of the time. Tim Fox and Zoe aren't optimal either....but at least they have credibility in having played at a professional level.

Gresh and his big yappy mouth overwhelm the broadcast.

I actually enjoy EEI's pregame better simply because guys like Pete Sheppard and Smerlas don't take themselves overly serious.

Be sure and post a working online link to the station for us out of staters.

Thanks,

QB12

Here's my issue. We have arguably one of the most successful franchises in NFL history, a team who is under a national microscope. Shouldn't we have someone "better" than Gresh analyzing the team? He is un-listenable.

Yeah...I don't like him. His analysis is off the mark most of the time. Tim Fox and Zoe aren't optimal either....but at least they have credibility in having played at a professional level.

Gresh and his big yappy mouth overwhelm the broadcast.

I actually enjoy EEI's pregame better simply because guys like Pete Sheppard and Smerlas don't take themselves overly serious.

I think Pete Sheppard single handily bankrupted the Conneticutt School of Broadcasting because no one wanted to be an alumni of that baffoon (with him stumbling over words all the time, his five minute long rambling questions of Belichick,and just throwing out homer statements without anything behind them). Sorry, I hate Pete Sheppard and Fred Smerlas when he is with him because not only do they not take themselves seriously, they don't take their analysis of the game seriously either. Pete with his homer predictions without any analysis is bad radio. Smerlas abandons all his football knowledge when he is with Pete. Even DeOssie loses braincells when he has to do "I can't believe I am on the air with this morons" act.

I hate Andy Gresh, but I prefer the WBCN, now WBZ show just because they tackle real subjects about the game rather than sounding like a pep rally that callers can call in and join. I hate homer radio as much or more than contrarian radio. At least with contrarian radio you can get peissed off at the radio and yell at it saying how stupid of an argument the host is making. Homer radio you just feel embarrassed for the host. At least that is just me.

Last edited:
I think Pete Sheppard single handily bankrupted the Conneticutt School of Broadcasting because no one wanted to be an alumni of that baffoon (with him stumbling over words all the time, his five minute long rambling questions of Belichick,and just throwing out homer statements without anything behind them). Sorry, I hate Pete Sheppard and Fred Smerlas when he is with him because not only do they not take themselves seriously, they don't take their analysis of the game seriously either. Pete with his homer predictions without any analysis is bad radio. Smerlas abandons all his football knowledge when he is with Pete. Even DeOssie loses braincells when he has to do "I can't believe I am on the air with this morons" act.

I hate Andy Gresh, but I prefer the WBCN, now WBZ show just because they tackle real subjects about the game rather than sounding like a pep rally that callers can call in and join. I hate homer radio as much or more than contrarian radio. At least with contrarian radio you can get peissed off at the radio and yell at it saying how stupid of an argument the host is making. Homer radio you just feel embarrassed for the host. At least that is just me.

I'm trying to figure out whether you've bought stock in the new station or you're going to be an employee there....

I think Pete Sheppard single handily bankrupted the Conneticutt School of Broadcasting because no one wanted to be an alumni of that baffoon (with him stumbling over words all the time, his five minute long rambling questions of Belichick,and just throwing out homer statements without anything behind them).

Ok, possibly one of the funniest things I've had the pleasure to read on this forum.

And there have been a lot of funny things.

Just take a look at Aqua's body of work the past three years for example.

But this was effin hysterical.

Funniest thing I've ever heard about Pete the Meat was after the Patriots won their first Super Bowl, Pete was overcome with emotion and collapsed to the ground, splitting his pants in the process....................

I'm trying to figure out whether you've bought stock in the new station or you're going to be an employee there....

LOL! Forgive me for disliking mediocre radio. We should celebrate WEEI for setting the bar so low and phoning it in all these years. We should thank our lucky stars we have semi-literate talent co-hosting the afternoon show like Pete Sheppard.

Sorry, I am not thrilled with the line up of WBZ FM, but I am hopeful that it will turn into something so we can have at least one halfway decent sports radio station since we haven't had any since the slow decline of WEEI over the last 5 years or so. Or at the very least, make WEEI work for their ratings rather than going for the low hanging fruit and then beat the topic into the ground.

BTW, you sound more like an employee of WEEI than I sound like an employee of WBZ. You seem to want WBZ to fail so WEEI can just rake in the advertising dollars while phoning it in by beating subjects to death. I'm sure the day after the third preseason game will be pre-empted by discussion on whether David Ortiz really knew he was on the 2003 list or not. You should be happy about that.

Personally, I feel the whole Ortiz thing is an earth shattering story that clearly isn't getting the coverage on WEEI that it deserves. The afternoon show actually took a half hour today from Ortiz talk to talk about Rick Pitino. Far too much time away from the story.

I have all but abandoned local sports radio because the inaness of it. I am hopeful that starting tomorrow, both stations try to raise the bar than lowering it which has happened all these years with no competition. I hope WEEI doesn't take the Patriots fans for granted anymore. I hope that guys like DeOssie and Smerlas can talk real football again rather than the Pinkie and the PomPoms crap they have adopted since about the 2004 season.

Last edited:
Great, so a Boston based sports talk radio show hires a Yankees/Giants ballwasher to host a show?

Wonderful.

Best thing EEI ever did was can the "Yankee talk" Saturdays; who the Christ wants to hear Mike from Canton, Joey from the North End, Frank from Gloucester, John from Malden and Steve from Waltham call every Saturday and talk Yankee talk; call the FAN if you want to spout that crap, it was like fingernails down a chalkboard listening to those azzholes.

And they hired Tanguay; he reminds me of the high school geek who wore his gym shorts up to his armpits, black socks and got stuffed into his locker everyday. He is a total geek; and lose the glasses, you're a moron and they don't make you "look" any smarter than you are.

I'll stick with EEI thanks.....................

Post of the Day.

And to hire a filthy New Yorker when there is so much NE-based talent already here, is an insult I take very, very personally. Why not just hire JT the Brick, too?

p.s.: Seeing that others have already expressed their non-sports criticism of them, I feel compelled to add: The only thing wrong with D&C is that there are too many commercials.

The "new" station is running non-stop promos for the new content and non-stop warnings that WBMX is no longer broadcasting on that frequency- alll but ready for the mics to click on, just awaiting midnight tonight.

LOL! Forgive me for disliking mediocre radio. We should celebrate WEEI for setting the bar so low and phoning it in all these years. We should thank our lucky stars we have semi-literate talent co-hosting the afternoon show like Pete Sheppard.

Sorry, I am not thrilled with the line up of WBZ FM, but I am hopeful that it will turn into something so we can have at least one halfway decent sports radio station since we haven't had any since the slow decline of WEEI over the last 5 years or so. Or at the very least, make WEEI work for their ratings rather than going for the low hanging fruit and then beat the topic into the ground.

BTW, you sound more like an employee of WEEI than I sound like an employee of WBZ. You seem to want WBZ to fail so WEEI can just rake in the advertising dollars while phoning it in by beating subjects to death. I'm sure the day after the third preseason game will be pre-empted by discussion on whether David Ortiz really knew he was on the 2003 list or not. You should be happy about that.

Personally, I feel the whole Ortiz thing is an earth shattering story that clearly isn't getting the coverage on WEEI that it deserves. The afternoon show actually took a half hour today from Ortiz talk to talk about Rick Pitino. Far too much time away from the story.

I have all but abandoned local sports radio because the inaness of it. I am hopeful that starting tomorrow, both stations try to raise the bar than lowering it which has happened all these years with no competition. I hope WEEI doesn't take the Patriots fans for granted anymore. I hope that guys like DeOssie and Smerlas can talk real football again rather than the Pinkie and the PomPoms crap they have adopted since about the 2004 season.

C'mon, Rob. You've been acting like a cheerleader for the new station and overblowing everything against WEEI. As for "mediocre radio" any station with call-in formats will be mediocre. The next one I hear that's not will be the first. Frankly, the number of non "mediocre" free radio stations in the country can probably be counted on one hand, and maybe on one finger.

C'mon, Rob. You've been acting like a cheerleader for the new station and overblowing everything against WEEI.

NO need for that DI...really no need to get that personal.

Last edited:
NO need for that DI...really no need to get that personal.

:confused:

I don't think he'd disagree much, if at all, with my cheerleader characterization, and the 'overblowing' part isn't any sort of personal attack at all.

Me, I love these guys tearing into each other.

:confused:

I don't think he'd disagree much, if at all, with my cheerleader characterization, and the 'overblowing' part isn't any sort of personal attack at all.

You stopped just short...no need to go down there DI, you have made points without getting that personalized in your replies already. :cool:

You stopped just short...no need to go down there DI, you have made points without getting that personalized in your replies already. :cool:

Ok, no offense here, but you're just flat-out wrong about this. I have great respect for Rob, and I had no intention of making it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back