PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for some trade advice

Drewski

GVoR
Reaction score
For some reason my FFL has been super active trade wise prior to a full week 1. Be that as it may, I had an interesting trade get thrown my way...wanna see what anyone else thinks. My roster is below, 12 Team League, PPR, Start 2 W/R/T Flexes. Opine away.

QB - Romo
RB - Bernard/Gore
WR - Megatron/Julio Jones
TE - Martellus Bennett
FLEX - Brandin Cooks/ Toby Gerhart
K - Robbie Gould
DEF - CLE

Bench - C. Palmer, D. Freeman, J. Hill, B. Sankey, M. Evans, J. Hunter,
RES - J. Gordon (just in case...)

I have had the following trade thrown my way - to me it is a no brainer, but maybe I am missing something...

Megatron and Bishop Sankey for Reggie Bush, Dez Bryant and Russell Wilson

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't call it a no-brainer.

Dez Bryant is a very minor downgrade from Calvin Johnson.

Russell Wilson has been ranked much higher than Romo or Palmer, but in my opinion the difference may not end up being as big as some of the experts predicted in preseason. The Cowboys are going to count on Romo to throw much more than the Seahawks are going to count on Wilson.

Bush should end up with more points than Sankey, but I've been wary of his durability ever since he went to Detroit, playing on that unforgiving fake turf. Tennessee will likely rely on Sankey quite a bit,given their situation in the passing game.

I would make the trade, but to me it's a closer call than what you are thinking.

Good luck, looks like you have a pretty good team.

Personally I wouldn't call it a no-brainer.

Dez Bryant is a very minor downgrade from Calvin Johnson.

Russell Wilson has been ranked much higher than Romo or Palmer, but in my opinion the difference may not end up being as big as some of the experts predicted in preseason. The Cowboys are going to count on Romo to throw much more than the Seahawks are going to count on Wilson.

Bush should end up with more points than Sankey, but I've been wary of his durability ever since he went to Detroit, playing on that unforgiving fake turf. Tennessee will likely rely on Sankey quite a bit,given their situation in the passing game.

I would make the trade, but to me it's a closer call than what you are thinking.

Good luck, looks like you have a pretty good team.

Thanks for the take jmt. Ultimately the other guy got cold feet and backed out (not sure if the 41 pt night Megatron put up pissed him off after the fact or not).

I did end up making a "smaller" move for Kelvin Benjamin (gave up Gerhart).

The move leaves me super thin at RB - but being 5 Deep at WR (Megatron/Jones/Benjamin/Cooks/Hunter) and Gordon on Reserve until week 10, I have some ammo to go after an RB.

Thanks for the take jmt. Ultimately the other guy got cold feet and backed out (not sure if the 41 pt night Megatron put up pissed him off after the fact or not).

I did end up making a "smaller" move for Kelvin Benjamin (gave up Gerhart).

The move leaves me super thin at RB - but being 5 Deep at WR (Megatron/Jones/Benjamin/Cooks/Hunter) and Gordon on Reserve until week 10, I have some ammo to go after an RB.
Good move and with some injuries you can get a RB off the WW this week

Right now Kelvin Benjamin for Toby Gerhart is looking like a steal of a deal.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back