PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for some suggestions...mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickw308810

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
It is almost time for the final mock draft on nflfans.com/draft. We are allowed to do trades before the draft and not during, so I figured I would ask you guys for some suggestions.

Trades that we could do so far:

Trade up with the Dolphins and give up our first 3rd round pick to draft Chad Jackson.

Trade down with the Bears and pick up their 3rd rounder. With San Francisco drafting at 22 we could miss out on a LB that we want.

Things I would like to happen:
Trade up in the 2nd round for Richard Marshall or any other top player that falls. Kely Jennings and Joseph Addai will be the top 2 players most likely to be there if we stay put.
Would trading up for an OL (Id like Mangold if he slid) or Sinorice Moss be worth it? At WR I am beginning to think 2 out of Greg Jennings/Travis Wilson/Derek Hagan is more valuable to us than 1 stud, but then again if we do draft that 1 stud who is to say that we can't still get another WR later?

Just give me some ideas guys.

I would not trade up for a WR. Let the WRs come to you.

I also agree with you on drafting a LB in the first round. The Pats don't need any more 3rd round picks. Just sit at 21 and see if a highly rated player (Holmes, Lawson, Greenway) slides into your lap.

If the 49ers don't take Vernon Davis with the 6th overall pick then we suddenly become excellent trading partners for teams like Cincinnati(24), Chicago(26) or Carolina(27) who want a TE(Lewis/Pope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye