Welcome to PatsFans.com

Looking for Love: What's sex got to do with it?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In this age where anything and everything are being held up and evaluated, the very concept of love itself is under examination. What is it? How important is it? Do humans need it? And where and how does sex enter the picture? And so forth.

This person has some observations that are worth considering:

Sexual energy can't be bottled up. (Even though beverage companies suggest that in advertisements.) The natural outlet for sexual energy is a permanent loving bond between a male and a female. Why? First, all of nature is expressed in male-female partnerships - even on the most basic level, atoms are made with opposite charges: positive and negative. Second, humans find the most happiness in relationships when love continues forever.

It is entirely possible for people to have the spiritual strength to resist sexual desires and remain chaste. However, let's think about what happens if they can't resist desires but continue to avoid the opposite sex. Someone who is allowing themselves sexual pleasure without a partner is experiencing the pleasure of their own body. In terms of behavioral psychology, pleasure reinforces or rewards the behavior associated with it. Therefore, a man who is pleasuring himself is developing a habit of enjoying male body parts, and, likewise, a woman would be enjoying female body parts.

There are several ways homosexuality may begin: 1) from learned behaviors, as in the example above; 2) from social influences of either homosexual acceptance or heterosexual repulsion; 3) from biological influences, such as genetics, hormones, or brain physiology; and 4) from spiritual influences, which are similar to social influences. (Spirits are simply people in the afterlife who no longer have bodies; in a spiritual form, they have all the same body parts and continue the same behaviors as they did in their earthly lives. Also, character may be inherited from spiritual influences, just as we inherit genetic material - which could explain why some people feel like they are predisposed to be homosexual even though there is no biological evidence that can be identified as a cause.)

I would like to say that even though I don't approve of homosexuality, I don't approve of people expressing hatred or prejudice against homosexuals. There are also some heterosexual behaviors that I disapprove of. I am especially opposed to sexual child abuse, but, even in such cases, the abuser is still a human being who needs forgiveness and salvation. For priests who have lost the battle over their bodies, I write this not to condemn them but to offer insight and guidance. Certainly men who devote their lives to forgiving everything people confess should have someone forgive them as well.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=44660

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Pure love rocks.. go to the religious forum and preach there.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What!! You don't want love in politics???

:singing:

//
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

Does daddy moon know you are messing around on the internet instead of giving blessings on the street corner?? Better get to work and stop playing on the internet.
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

this fluffy author is no doubt a Moonie; a Californian 40 something who married some Korean guy and lives overseas, preaching to Americans about homosexuality...

[​IMG]

here's a bit from her very own bio as a sidebar on Fog's link:

I find value in all religions, but, to me, religion is a tool - like a hammer - once we've beat the nail into the wall, we need to set it aside.

what a fitting choice of words... a hammer beating the nails...
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning... I'd hammer in the evening... all over this town !!! I'd hammer JUSTICE, I'd hammer out FREEDOM, I'd out LOVE between my brothers and my sisters.... all over this world !!! "

No doubt a fan of Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Good song, btw.

//
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, if my being here ever becomes non-productive for Heaven, I will surely move on. Feedback I've had says I *am* being productive here.

True peace and love to all!

//
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... what feedback would that be? your brother Harry? or were there any others?
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

For 20 years she substituted sex with prayer. What a pervert....

Oh, look, she subscribes to Reverend Moon's ideas!
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:wha:

So, you're saying being abstinent and praying is "PERVERTED"???

"Pervert"???

Patters, for anyone to view abstinence and prayer as "perverted" must have had a truly awful, a traumatic experience in their life.

//