PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking for legitimate positives moving forward? Look no further than the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Looking for legitimate positives moving forward? Look no further than the schedu

You forgot to highlight the Chiefs.

Re: Looking for legitimate positives moving forward? Look no further than the schedu

OK, so the schedule gets easier and the Pats should win at least 7 more games against terrible teams. Then comes the playoffs and the lack of talent on defense gets exposed again.

Another positive is that the defense thats so successful in stopping Brady and the NE offense has shown its hand. Ditto for the offense that the Pats defense could not get off the field.

That bell has been rung and the next time another team tries to use the same tatics the Pats will be ready with counter measures. If the Jets try to reuse the 2010 post season game plan next week, look for NE to have answers.

this is at BEST an 11-5 team. watch.:eek:

So you think that this team is likely 10-6 or 9-7 then? That means they're going 5-4/4-5 the rest of the way, with 4 cupcakes on the schedule. So essentially, what you're saying is that this team is LIKELY to go 1-4 or 0-5 against KC, Philly, Giants, Jets, Bills. Riiiiiiight.

So the pats could rack up some wins against sub par teams, have a 13-3 or 12-4 fools gold record then play a good team in the playoffs and get punched in the mouth?

OK, so the schedule gets easier and the Pats should win at least 7 more games against terrible teams. Then comes the playoffs and the lack of talent on defense gets exposed again.

You mean the offense, right?

At this point I'm not sure if I want this team to have a bye.

You are correct in your assessment, no doubt. But there should also be a certain amount of balance in those that criticize, as it seems an annual playoff berth would warrant that respect.

I have always been cautiously optimistic, and look at life through the eyes of a realist. If I had to choose one side or the other, I would certainly lean towards homer, but this week's nonsense has pushed me a little farther over towards that label.

It's just too early in what appears to be yet another playoff competitive performance to get my panties in a bunch over the release of Leigh freaking Bodden, and some other scrub/worn out cuts. The only change I'd have made personally is not doing it all at once, but then again, I don't have the championship caliber pedigree that Belichick has earned.

If the new secondary doesn't get the job done, so be it. The last one wasn't either, not even close. Yet it seems that many have since forgotten that fact. At least Belichick had the balls to go out and try to make a change. How it compares in actual points allowed (the important stat), and wins for the team remains to be seen.The strength of this team will always be the ability to put up big offensive numbers, and we certainly have that capability.

Brandon Meriweather was the physical presence that made opponents fear going over the middle. He was also 1,000 times better than the trio of James Ihedigbo, Josh Barrett (LOL), and Sergio Brown have been thus far in this system. James Sanders was the quarterback of the secondary. I'm not so sure if I would call those two moves "scrub/worn out cuts", especially when seeing what's replaced them. The same can be said with Leigh Bodden.

Five of the team's last nine games will be against lousy QBs, which should help the team get on track.

While I hope you are correct, I can also imagine the "lousy QBs" circling the Pats on their schedule as the game they can open up the offensive playbook and pad their stats.

Brandon Meriweather was the physical presence that made opponents fear going over the middle. He was also 1,000 times better than the trio of James Ihedigbo, Josh Barrett (LOL), and Sergio Brown have been thus far in this system. James Sanders was the quarterback of the secondary. I'm not so sure if I would call those two moves "scrub/worn out cuts", especially when seeing what's replaced them. The same can be said with Leigh Bodden.
I think fans should stop pretending they can evaluate secondary players by watching TV. I've given up on it, and so should you.

You know you have absolutely NO FAITH your team is very good when you have to highlight every Sisters Of The Poor teams on the schedule.

To be glad that its an wishy washy schedule and to fully believe your team is a playoff team capable of winning a title doesn't go together IMO.

I think fans are two ways on this team ....
95% think the Offense is Super Bowl Caliber
2% think the Defense will be good enough (Homers ;))

Giants
Jets
Chiefs
Eagles
Colts
Redskins
Broncos
Dolphins
Bills

Five of the team's last nine games will be against lousy QBs, which should help the team get on track.

While, admittedly, there is a certain amount of spoiled rich kid mentality at play, I think most of the debate centers around what will happen on Jan 14 or 15.

It's pretty hard to get third down stops if you give up a ton of passing yards. This defense isn't winning the Patriots a Super Bowl anytime soon with that formula.

Ah, we do get a decent amount of 3rd down stops. Unfortunately they are usually inside our 35...

Cassel is pretty lousy, too. Outside of his 4 TD game vs. that putrid Indy team, he's at 5 TDs vs 9 INTs.

Eli, Vick and Fitz are the only decent guys left.

We're not talking Manning, Brees, Rodgers here. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but we at least having a tiny chance of stopping those guys if they play well.

Agreed. The Pats have already squared off with Rivers, Romo and Roethlisberger and come away 2-1. The Eagles are the only team that worries me until the Bills game, from the perspective of an offense that could pull off a Pittsburgh-style butt whuppin'. But who knows with the Eagles?

With KC, one can imagine that Coach Belichick has an insight or two into Mr. Cassell's weaknesses. The Chiefs are a mirror image of the Giants. The Chiefs have a mediocre QB and very talented receivers while the Giants (with Nicks out) have an elite QB with mediocre (or worse) receivers.

Giants
Jets
Chiefs
Eagles
Colts
Redskins
Broncos
Dolphins
Bills

Giants (W) I think we got this @ Home and coming off of a loss (coin flip technically [going w/ GUT]) Coming Off of a loss and being @ Home statistically works great for us.:)
@ Jets (L) Their House all I wanted was a split (a sweep would be :):):)
Chiefs (W) (tougher game, KC put it together and look much better)
@ Eagles (L) Tough call (PHI) has had time to Gel Vick beats us would be a win if we faced this team early on in the year
Colts (W) No Chance if they had 1 they'd blow it intentionally anyways:)
Redskins (W) A tough win b/c Shanny plays us tough, but HT is gone.
@Broncos (W) Let Tebow Play thnx JMC:)
Dolphins (W) our house you suck for Luck remember?
Bills (W) Not going to blow another vs. these overachievers.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

it's CRUNCH TIME... too bad BYE weeks suck now w/ a mandatory 5 days off:eek:

Last edited:

The Jets game still worries me after the last 2 eggs we laid in the meadowlands.

I would gladly take us going 2-2 in the next 4 and finishing 12-4 overall, that should be good enough for a bye. Very realistic chance at that.
I understand your point, but 2 and 2 in the next 4 would be a tremendous underachievement. Even the most pessimistic view would call it the worst case scenario. Can't be glad with that.

Brandon Meriweather was the physical presence that made opponents fear going over the middle.
Come on. You had to stop typing and laugh for awhile while you were writing that/

He was also 1,000 times better than the trio of James Ihedigbo, Josh Barrett (LOL), and Sergio Brown have been thus far in this system.
Now I had to take a 10 minute laughing break.

James Sanders was the quarterback of the secondary. I'm not so sure if I would call those two moves "scrub/worn out cuts", especially when seeing what's replaced them. The same can be said with Leigh Bodden.
Lets keep touting those players who show up go out on the field and perform at a level that gets them fired. That's a productive trip into fantasy land.

I think fans should stop pretending they can evaluate secondary players by watching TV. I've given up on it, and so should you.

:confused: Meriweather was the hard hitting presence in the secondary last year and it's a well known fact that James Sanders called a lot of the coverages in the secondary. Not sure what's so factually incorrect about that. Let me ask you a question: Do you think that the secondary is playing better so far this year than it was last year? Why or why not?

The only 2 games i am worried about are the Eagles and Jets

Pats have Cake-walk Schedule after this...

Yes after the Jets Sunday Night baring an injury to "you know who" the Pats should go 7-0 the rest of the way gulp...even with that Defense.

KC @ NE Gillette Stadium 8:30 PM

NE @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 4:15 PM

IND @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM

NE @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM

NE @ DEN Sports Authority Field at Mile High

MIA @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM

BUF @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM

Our Offense should be able to put 40 on any of those seven Teams...we are not playing the Iron of the League there. At years end we should be no worse than 12-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back