Welcome to PatsFans.com

Looking for info

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by SmokeShowin, May 4, 2008.

1. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Hi guys.

Here's my background and what I'm looking for.

I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 1981, I was 11 years old. I have had 3 resections of my small intestine, the latest being in 2006. A few years back I started getting really stiff in my hips. It slowly got worse and more painful. In February of 2007 I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my hips, most likely due to the prednisone I was on over the years. It is much worse in my left hip than my right. Due to this, I haven't ridden my motorcycle in about 2 years and have been on a leave of absence from the FD for almost 2 years. I was going to acupuncture but stopped at the beginning of April because of a change in insurance. It would help for the short term, I'd hobble into his office and walk out fine. But I am on my feet all day and by 10:00 the following morning I was back to hobbling around.

I have finally resigned myself to the fact that I am more than likely going to need a hip replacement. I have done alot of reading on it, but was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. If you've had it done, how well it worked...etc. I read alot of great stories, and Big Wayne's mom had it done a couple of years ago and is doing great. But I've also read stories of infections and one leg being shorter than the other. You can read all the success stories in the world, but it only takes 1 horror story to make you say "I'm not doing it."

Thanks for your time and any input you can offer.

Jimmy V.