PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

looking for a consensus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or does Taylor kinda look like Wendell from the Miller High Life Commercials?

Baylor+Phil+taylor.jpg

windell.jpg

Ellis seems like a much safer bet than Taylor, who I would LOVE to have given my fondness for Wendell. As for his medicinal habits, Faulk and Moss used to burn one down quite frequently, while it might be a red flag it's not a complete disqualifier if he can keep it under wraps.

I think Taylor is going to be the big late riser in this draft and believe he will be gone after #20, he may even move to the top ten imo.

I've got him in Miami at #18 (via San Diego)

I think Taylor is going to be the big late riser in this draft and believe he will be gone after #20, he may even move to the top ten imo.
Taylor is rising on draftnik boards, where he is on the team boards is anyone's guess. There are teams who do much less due diligence and gamble on projects more, so there is reasonable expectation of his talent buying him a 1st round ticket - I just can't see NE or KC knowing what little I know.

I really don't like the idea of dedicating a particular pick to the best available of a particular position. We might end up with something like Heyward, Reed, Pinkston, Hudson, Todman, Sash. I don't think anybody would much like that.

Its not just a matter of "need", you also have to consider "where" the A type talent is for this particular draft. Clearly....and fortunately for us, its in the areal of DE and OLB. So beyond the glaring need in that area for the Pats, its also the position where the Pats are most likely to get a player worthy of the elevated draft spot.

IMHO a first round pick might not be a starter, but except for perhaps a QB, all other first round picks should make an impact in an offensive or defensive rotation in their first year. Realistically the Pats have 3 players who should meet that criteria.

This sums it up nicely. If we draft in this order I think almost everyone that posts here would be thrilled.... But I will speak only for myself. I would be thrilled.

AGREED!

1A. DE- We need the next Seymour here.
1B. OLB- I dont think explanation is necessary here
2A. OT- Best available tackle get him. Light is an FA and given CBA get insurance.
2B. OG/OC- Building the trenches is key and we have a need here.
3A. RB- Breakout speed needed here.
3B. S- Meriweather insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back