PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking at the Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphors

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Week 1 - Chiefs
Not much to consider here except for health coming out of the pre-season. Chiefs are young and counting on inexperienced players. LJ is still tough but their OL...not so much. Nice to open at home.

Week 2 - at Jets
Jets coming off road game at Miami and looking forward to trip to SD. Get the road game out of the way before new Jets additions have much time to gel.

Week 3 - Dolphins
Fins coming off road trip to Arizona and looking forward to their bye week. With a good number of new players on defense, the Pats really couldn't ask for a more favorable opening stretch to work out the kinks.

Week 4 - BYE
Serious Suckage...way too early and then the long 13+ week slog to the playoffs. Sure seems like a #1 or #2 seed is going to be a requirement considering the lack of an off week.
Less Serious Suckage...good time to evaluate the new guys. Especially in the secondary, adjustments may be needed.

Week 5 - at 49ers
Niners coming off trip to New Orleans. With the Pats coming off a bye, SF may actually be the more road weary team. Pats have to avoid looking ahead to...

Week 6 - at Chargers (Sunday Night)
It took a while, but the schedule starts to heat up. If the Pats stay out west, travel won't be an issue but the logistics are still a pain. Not a piece of cake for the Bolts though as they are coming off trips to Oakland and Miami and then looking forward to shuffling off to Buffalo and New Orleans. While back-to-back west coast games is a drag, that travel schedule for SD is a killer.

Also remember this is week 6, which is the last week for the PUP players. If Gates starts out on PUP, he misses this game.

Week 7 - Broncos (Monday Night)
Seems weird to face the Broncos in Foxboro. Denver travels after hosting TB and JAX and then gets their bye. Extra day is nice coming off the west coast swing.

Week 8 - Rams
The Rams travel after facing the Cowboys. Rams don't want to slip up too much mid-season since the NFC West is certainly winnable. Pats coming off a short week but both games are at home so that shouldn't be much of an issue. Another potential trap game as the Pats get ready for the showdown...

Week 9 - at Colts (Sunday Night)
Pats coming off 2 home games and looking forward to 2 more. Just like last year, Indy faces the Pats in week 3 of their mid-season death march (at GB, at TEN, NE, at PIT, HOU, at SD, at CLE). The Colts need to win enough of these games to get some playoff games at their shiny new airplane hanger...but they also need to avoid accumulating all the boo-boo's that helped to derail their season last year.

Side note...considering the 2006 AFCC game, this has the potential to be the first game with extreme heat. Pats need to get hydrated during the week. Just saying...

Week 10 - Bills
Kinda late in the year to be playing the closest team in your division standings (yeah Jets fan...I said it). No real schedule quirks to speak of.

Week 11 - Jets (Thursday Night)
Only question here is if the Jets are still in contention, will NFL Network be force to simulcast the game again? Might I suggest CBS since they may need "CSI: NY" to analyze the remains of the Jets team after this beatdown. Short week for both teams with the Pats getting the advantage since they were already home and the Jets have to travel.

Week 12 - at Dolphins
Nice long week to spend a couple of extra days on South Beach (in late November no less). The Fins should be on their 3rd quarterback and Parcell's last nerve. This will be the Fins 3rd straight home game so they can be surrounded by family and friends as they bid a fond farewell to the 2008 season.

Week 13 - Steelers
Pats get to work off the turkey and stuffing by pounding on the Steelers. Pitt has a horrific schedule and this stretch (IND, SD, CIN, at NE, DAL, at BAL) will likely determine their playoff fate. If the Steelers are healthy, they may very well be desperate for a win which could make them dangerous even at Foxboro.

Week 14 - at Seahawks (Sunday Night)
West coast swing #2 begins and going to Seattle for a primetime game is probably not the best place to start it...especially after what should be a spirited and physical game against the Steelers. The Hawks will be coming off their own rough game at Dallas though. That bye week seems like a long time ago so this game has lots of warning signs attached.

Week 15 - at Raiders
Would assume the Pats stay out west for this one so travel shouldn't be a problem. Raiders coming off a tough road game at the Bolts. Oakland should be well into their 2009 ticket drive at this point so the Black Hole (for football careers one would assume) shouldn't be a big deal.

Week 16 - Cardinals
Back home to face a Cardinals team that could still be in contention. A long road trip and then facing the prospect of traveling all the way back to Arizona to face the rival Seahawks may be too much. The weather could also be a factor for the desert birds. This is about the time you want to be wrapping up playoff seeding so the Pats will likely be fully focused on this game.

Week 17 - at Bills
Bills coming off trips to the Jets and Denver. This game likely depends on how settled the playoff seeding is. This is Buffalo's super bowl (remember the Dallas game at Buffalo last year?) so they should be able to put up a nice effort. If the Pats have something to play for, I don't see the Bills as the team to stand in their way (at least not yet). If the Pats have nothing to play for, this becomes a pre-season game for them.

Overall
I'm not sure how the schedule could have played out much better. Sure the 2 west coast swings are harsh, but the only other times they have to travel are to NY, Indy, Miami and Buffalo. When you only have to cross the Mississippi twice in a season, you can't complain too much.

Two of the tougher road games (at SD and at Indy) are mitigated some by the fact that SD will be traveling so much and Indy will be in the middle of the roughest part of their schedule.

There are trap games (at SF and STL) and the Seattle game should be particularly tough. Looks to me like a schedule that should yield a top 2 seed in the AFC. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Week 1 - Chiefs
Not much to consider here except for health coming out of the pre-season. Chiefs are young and counting on inexperienced players. LJ is still tough but their OL...not so much. Nice to open at home.

Week 2 - at Jets
Jets coming off road game at Miami and looking forward to trip to SD. Get the road game out of the way before new Jets additions have much time to gel.

Week 3 - Dolphins
Fins coming off road trip to Arizona and looking forward to their bye week. With a good number of new players on defense, the Pats really couldn't ask for a more favorable opening stretch to work out the kinks.

Week 4 - BYE
Serious Suckage...way too early and then the long 13+ week slog to the playoffs. Sure seems like a #1 or #2 seed is going to be a requirement considering the lack of an off week.
Less Serious Suckage...good time to evaluate the new guys. Especially in the secondary, adjustments may be needed.

Week 5 - at 49ers
Niners coming off trip to New Orleans. With the Pats coming off a bye, SF may actually be the more road weary team. Pats have to avoid looking ahead to...

Week 6 - at Chargers (Sunday Night)
It took a while, but the schedule starts to heat up. If the Pats stay out west, travel won't be an issue but the logistics are still a pain. Not a piece of cake for the Bolts though as they are coming off trips to Oakland and Miami and then looking forward to shuffling off to Buffalo and New Orleans. While back-to-back west coast games is a drag, that travel schedule for SD is a killer.

Also remember this is week 6, which is the last week for the PUP players. If Gates starts out on PUP, he misses this game.

Week 7 - Broncos (Monday Night)
Seems weird to face the Broncos in Foxboro. Denver travels after hosting TB and JAX and then gets their bye. Extra day is nice coming off the west coast swing.

Week 8 - Rams
The Rams travel after facing the Cowboys. Rams don't want to slip up too much mid-season since the NFC West is certainly winnable. Pats coming off a short week but both games are at home so that shouldn't be much of an issue. Another potential trap game as the Pats get ready for the showdown...

Week 9 - at Colts (Sunday Night)
Pats coming off 2 home games and looking forward to 2 more. Just like last year, Indy faces the Pats in week 3 of their mid-season death march (at GB, at TEN, NE, at PIT, HOU, at SD, at CLE). The Colts need to win enough of these games to get some playoff games at their shiny new airplane hanger...but they also need to avoid accumulating all the boo-boo's that helped to derail their season last year.

Side note...considering the 2006 AFCC game, this has the potential to be the first game with extreme heat. Pats need to get hydrated during the week. Just saying...

Week 10 - Bills
Kinda late in the year to be playing the closest team in your division standings (yeah Jets fan...I said it). No real schedule quirks to speak of.

Week 11 - Jets (Thursday Night)
Only question here is if the Jets are still in contention, will NFL Network be force to simulcast the game again? Might I suggest CBS since they may need "CSI: NY" to analyze the remains of the Jets team after this beatdown. Short week for both teams with the Pats getting the advantage since they were already home and the Jets have to travel.

Week 12 - at Dolphins
Nice long week to spend a couple of extra days on South Beach (in late November no less). The Fins should be on their 3rd quarterback and Parcell's last nerve. This will be the Fins 3rd straight home game so they can be surrounded by family and friends as they bid a fond farewell to the 2008 season.

Week 13 - Steelers
Pats get to work off the turkey and stuffing by pounding on the Steelers. Pitt has a horrific schedule and this stretch (IND, SD, CIN, at NE, DAL, at BAL) will likely determine their playoff fate. If the Steelers are healthy, they may very well be desperate for a win which could make them dangerous even at Foxboro.

Week 14 - at Seahawks (Sunday Night)
West coast swing #2 begins and going to Seattle for a primetime game is probably not the best place to start it...especially after what should be a spirited and physical game against the Steelers. The Hawks will be coming off their own rough game at Dallas though. That bye week seems like a long time ago so this game has lots of warning signs attached.

Week 15 - at Raiders
Would assume the Pats stay out west for this one so travel shouldn't be a problem. Raiders coming off a tough road game at the Bolts. Oakland should be well into their 2009 ticket drive at this point so the Black Hole (for football careers one would assume) shouldn't be a big deal.

Week 16 - Cardinals
Back home to face a Cardinals team that could still be in contention. A long road trip and then facing the prospect of traveling all the way back to Arizona to face the rival Seahawks may be too much. The weather could also be a factor for the desert birds. This is about the time you want to be wrapping up playoff seeding so the Pats will likely be fully focused on this game.

Week 17 - at Bills
Bills coming off trips to the Jets and Denver. This game likely depends on how settled the playoff seeding is. This is Buffalo's super bowl (remember the Dallas game at Buffalo last year?) so they should be able to put up a nice effort. If the Pats have something to play for, I don't see the Bills as the team to stand in their way (at least not yet). If the Pats have nothing to play for, this becomes a pre-season game for them.

Overall
I'm not sure how the schedule could have played out much better. Sure the 2 west coast swings are harsh, but the only other times they have to travel are to NY, Indy, Miami and Buffalo. When you only have to cross the Mississippi twice in a season, you can't complain too much.

Two of the tougher road games (at SD and at Indy) are mitigated some by the fact that SD will be traveling so much and Indy will be in the middle of the roughest part of their schedule.

There are trap games (at SF and STL) and the Seattle game should be particularly tough. Looks to me like a schedule that should yield a top 2 seed in the AFC. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Great suggestion. Here's another one. When FLU SHOTS become available, please make certain that the entire team be vaccinated to eliminate that excuse for the post season:p

When FLU SHOTS become available, please make certain that the entire team be vaccinated to eliminate that excuse for the post season:p

That is too funny since I intended to put that in for the 1st Buffalo game but I forgot. From your post to Belichick's ears...

That is too funny since I intended to put that in for the 1st Buffalo game but I forgot. From your post to Belichick's ears...

Hey, all in good fun. But question When Colts played at Pats, there were all those rumors about NE keeping the field uncovered, maybe the soccer team playing on the field the night before, etc..,. Of course, Colts fans were up in arms, and it did create a buzz. Not sure if any of that is true, but we all know that BB will spare no expense at gaining an advantage. what is your opinion of the home team (NE) trying to create that preceived advantage? And, do you feel that turnabout is fair play?

Won't reach Belichick's ears.....too much pumped in crowd noise:singing:

Last edited:

Not quite--more accurately, "players on PUP still can't play." Their three-week window can't begin until after Week 6, but doesn't need to start until after Week 9.

I get your point, but I don't think they'd bother. What did the Pats in was not extreme temperatures per se, but the combination of flu and extreme temperatures.

Hey, all in good fun. But question When Colts played at Pats, there were all those rumors about NE keeping the field uncovered, maybe the soccer team playing on the field the night before, etc..,. Of course, Colts fans were up in arms, and it did create a buzz. Not sure if any of that is true, but we all know that BB will spare no expense at gaining an advantage. what is your opinion of the home team (NE) trying to create that preceived advantage? And, do you feel that turnabout is fair play?

Yea, the problem with that is this, Don't they (Patriots) have to play on the field as well?

First of all, thanks Meta4s for the rundown and the time that you put into it, especially for the helpful info on the opponent's schedule around a Pats game.

Couplof thoughts:

While I tend to agree with you, I sure hope that the Pats aren't thinking of the first three games as a chance to "work out the kinks"...

I get nervous when we think of any game against the Steelers as a chance to pound on somebody...

I think that the Raiders are going to be a lot better this year than people give them credit for.

I know the Fins are hopeless on paper, but I never underestimate the impact of Bill Parcells on a bad team. I'm not so much worried about the first game, but the second one, coming after a ten day layoff and Thanksgiving, has all the makings of a "trap."

After reading your comments, I sure do hope that they stay on the West Coast between games.

I'm worried about the Bills in Game 17 if both teams are playing for something in Week 17,

Last edited:
I gotta believe we are by far the #1 game on every teams schedule. That being said I'm guessing every team looking at the schedule is probably saying "Oh F@ck" we gotta play the Pats .:eek:

But question When Colts played at Pats, there were all those rumors about NE keeping the field uncovered, maybe the soccer team playing on the field the night before, etc..,. Of course, Colts fans were up in arms, and it did create a buzz. Not sure if any of that is true, but we all know that BB will spare no expense at gaining an advantage. what is your opinion of the home team (NE) trying to create that preceived advantage? And, do you feel that turnabout is fair play?

I'm sure Belichick took every opportunity to slow down the field surface for his bigger/slower teams against the speedier opponents. I don't know if there are rules about covering natural grass fields or having events close to gameday, but I suspect that there aren't. Kind of like baseball teams letting the infield grass grow long for sinkerball pitchers. While that certainly doesn't qualify Belichick for sainthood, their opponents had every reason to expect a sloppy track and plan accordingly. Besides, as Belichick has said on countless occasions...grass doesn't grow in NE in December.

The Indy tropical dome is another matter. If Indy had put out a press release a week before the game saying that they have limited control of the dome temperature and to expect temps in the mid 80s, I wouldn't have any issues at all. The Pats could spend the week hydrating themselves and cramping wouldn't have been a concern. My issue is that the Pats couldn't reasonably expect temperatures that high on that day (34 degree outside temperature at kickoff). The Pats cramped up in the 2nd half and the Colts didn't. You draw your own conclusions.

The Colts DID manipulate the temperature that day (either by heating the dome or by not cooling it). Everyone KNOWS they did it. They were prepared for the temperature. They will never be able to do it again since the league is onto them now. Kudos to them for pulling that stunt at the exact right opportunity and turning it into a championship.

I wish the NFL would change the way they handle bye weeks. Bye weeks in September are senseless. It could easily be changed to four teams off in weeks 6 and 11, and six teams off in weeks 7 through 10, for example.

I'm sure Belichick took every opportunity to slow down the field surface for his bigger/slower teams against the speedier opponents. I don't know if there are rules about covering natural grass fields or having events close to gameday, but I suspect that there aren't. Kind of like baseball teams letting the infield grass grow long for sinkerball pitchers. While that certainly doesn't qualify Belichick for sainthood, their opponents had every reason to expect a sloppy track and plan accordingly. Besides, as Belichick has said on countless occasions...grass doesn't grow in NE in December.

The Indy tropical dome is another matter. If Indy had put out a press release a week before the game saying that they have limited control of the dome temperature and to expect temps in the mid 80s, I wouldn't have any issues at all. The Pats could spend the week hydrating themselves and cramping wouldn't have been a concern. My issue is that the Pats couldn't reasonably expect temperatures that high on that day (34 degree outside temperature at kickoff). The Pats cramped up in the 2nd half and the Colts didn't. You draw your own conclusions.

The Colts DID manipulate the temperature that day (either by heating the dome or by not cooling it). Everyone KNOWS they did it. They were prepared for the temperature. They will never be able to do it again since the league is onto them now. Kudos to them for pulling that stunt at the exact right opportunity and turning it into a championship.

From Scottie C:

Yea, the problem with that is this, Don't they (Patriots) have to play on the field as well?

This is exactly how I feel. IIRC, Colts' did NOT have "Cool Zones" on the sidelines during that AFCCG. They had to play in it too.

Kudos to you, Metaphors, for giving the Kudos to the Colts, while I do not agree with your logic, at least you gave the Kudos, and don't truely seem to be harboring any ill will.

Give me a break on the controlled envirnment versus the weather. I believe their are rules on the outdoor stuff, and certainly, the Pats could do what was needed to insure an "as good as can be expected" playing surface. In other words, other than controlling the outdoor temp, they could have certainly protected the field. To say that the Colts PLANNED on having a hot dome, and they practiced accordingly is beyond a stretch. Even if they knew, you think 2-3 days of practice in a warm environment prepares our team for 30 minutes w/ no AC? Please.

This is exactly how I feel. IIRC, Colts' did NOT have "Cool Zones" on the sidelines during that AFCCG. They had to play in it too.

Kudos to you, Metaphors, for giving the Kudos to the Colts, while I do not agree with your logic, at least you gave the Kudos, and don't truely seem to be harboring any ill will.

Give me a break on the controlled envirnment versus the weather. I believe their are rules on the outdoor stuff, and certainly, the Pats could do what was needed to insure an "as good as can be expected" playing surface. In other words, other than controlling the outdoor temp, they could have certainly protected the field. To say that the Colts PLANNED on having a hot dome, and they practiced accordingly is beyond a stretch. Even if they knew, you think 2-3 days of practice in a warm environment prepares our team for 30 minutes w/ no AC? Please.

There may be a rule about covering the field when it rains a certain number of days before a game. If there is and Belichick (or specifically the grounds crew) violated the rule, then there should have been fines. If there are no specific rules, then Belichick is perfectly within his rights to leave the field uncovered if he wants to. The visiting team can go to weather.com anytime they want and plan appropriately.

What is not ethical (rule or no rule) is to intentionally alter the playing field unnaturally (flood the field with water, tear up the grass, etc.). The Pats would know what to expect and the opponent wouldn't. The Pats would have appropriate equipment and gameplan and the opponent wouldn't. If there is evidence that Pats did this, Belichick should be fined and suspended. That would be far worse than any videotaping.

That is essentially what happened with the AFCC game. The dome is a climate controlled environment. The expectation is that the dome temperature is around 70 degrees (plus or minus a little). The temperature in the dome that day was in the mid 80s. The outside temperature was 34. That means one of two things happened: the Colts heated the dome to the mid 80s or the crowd/players/concessions/etc. heated the dome and the Colts neglected to cool it to a normal temperature. I have never heard of this situation in any dome before or since so telling me this is a normal situation in a dome is beyond a stretch. This was either the result of intentional manipulation or gross incompetence. Since I've never heard the Colts apologize for screwing up the climate control, I know which way I'm leaning.

So how could the Colts take advantage of this situation? Simple...hydrating their players during the week just like everyone does before a September game in Miami. The Pats would expect a 70 degree situation and not be prepared. The impact would be minimal in the first half but the visiting team would be cramping all over the field in the 2nd half while the Colts would be fine...which is exactly what happened.

I gave kudos to the Colts for their timing. They would get one chance in the history of their franchise to do this and it helped get them a championship. You don't have to like what they did to give them credit for pulling it off.

In the American justice system, opportunity + motive + circumstantial evidence - reasonable doubt = guilt. Imagine how maddening it must have been for Belichick to see his season end in part because of someone intentionally changing the playing conditions to benefit the other team. Kinda puts the 2007 season in some context.

Edit: I really don't get too upset about the situation since the Pats should have won anyway. I just object to people who make it seem silly to suggest that something happened that day. They are just ignoring reality. If anyone can provide counter-evidence to my points above, I would be happy to change my mind since I would like to believe these types of things don't happen.

Last edited:
There may be a rule about covering the field when it rains a certain number of days before a game. If there is and Belichick (or specifically the grounds crew) violated the rule, then there should have been fines. If there are no specific rules, then Belichick is perfectly within his rights to leave the field uncovered if he wants to. The visiting team can go to weather.com anytime they want and plan appropriately.

What is not ethical (rule or no rule) is to intentionally alter the playing field unnaturally (flood the field with water, tear up the grass, etc.). The Pats would know what to expect and the opponent wouldn't. The Pats would have appropriate equipment and gameplan and the opponent wouldn't. If there is evidence that Pats did this, Belichick should be fined and suspended. That would be far worse than any videotaping.

That is essentially what happened with the AFCC game. The dome is a climate controlled environment. The expectation is that the dome temperature is around 70 degrees (plus or minus a little). The temperature in the dome that day was in the mid 80s. The outside temperature was 34. That means one of two things happened: the Colts heated the dome to the mid 80s or the crowd/players/concessions/etc. heated the dome and the Colts neglected to cool it to a normal temperature. I have never heard of this situation in any dome before or since so telling me this is a normal situation in a dome is beyond a stretch. This was either the result of intentional manipulation or gross incompetence. Since I've never heard the Colts apologize for screwing up the climate control, I know which way I'm leaning.

So how could the Colts take advantage of this situation? Simple...hydrating their players during the week just like everyone does before a September game in Miami. The Pats would expect a 70 degree situation and not be prepared. The impact would be minimal in the first half but the visiting team would be cramping all over the field in the 2nd half while the Colts would be fine...which is exactly what happened.

I gave kudos to the Colts for their timing. They would get one chance in the history of their franchise to do this and it helped get them a championship. You don't have to like what they did to give them credit for pulling it off.

In the American justice system, opportunity + motive + circumstantial evident - reasonable doubt = guilt. Imagine how maddening it must have been for Belichick to see his season end in part because of someone intentionally changing the playing conditions to benefit the other team. Kinda puts the 2007 season in some context.

Edit: I really don't get too upset about the situation since the Pats should have won anyway. I just object to people who make it seem silly to suggest that something happened that day. They are just ignoring reality. If anyone can provide counter-evidence to my points above, I would be happy to change my mind since I would like to believe these types of things don't happen.
With all due respect, I am not buying anything you are selling. First, my guess is that there ARE rules for the outdoor fields, and that BB is probably pretty adept at "misinterpreting" those. As far as the dome being a few degrees warmer? Who knows. AC systems can fail, especially at the end of a long season. If you are not in shape and prepared to play, that's your fault. Hell, they were in ASD the week before. Long trip, warmer weather, HYDRATING after such a long road, WITH supposed illnesses, it is a no brainer. Plus, in the end, hot is hot, Colts' played in it just as Pats did. Thanks for all your opinions and kind responses though. It is appreciated.

With all due respect, I am not buying anything you are selling. First, my guess is that there ARE rules for the outdoor fields, and that BB is probably pretty adept at "misinterpreting" those. As far as the dome being a few degrees warmer? Who knows. AC systems can fail, especially at the end of a long season. If you are not in shape and prepared to play, that's your fault. Hell, they were in ASD the week before. Long trip, warmer weather, HYDRATING after such a long road, WITH supposed illnesses, it is a no brainer. Plus, in the end, hot is hot, Colts' played in it just as Pats did. Thanks for all your opinions and kind responses though. It is appreciated.

Well, if the Pats were "misinterpreting" them in 2006 (much harder now with the Field Turf), I don't know what the hell the Squealers were doing in 2007.

I wish the NFL would change the way they handle bye weeks. Bye weeks in September are senseless. It could easily be changed to four teams off in weeks 6 and 11, and six teams off in weeks 7 through 10, for example.

As I've pointed out in another thread, there is no fundamental reason they couldn't give all 32 teams a bye in one week, or 8-8-8-8, or what you suggest, etc.

Did the AC systems fail? I've never heard anyone report that.

A few degrees warmer? That would be 72-75 degrees and we wouldn't be talking about this.

I'm not talking about hydrating...I'm talking about super-hydrating. That is what athletes do before playing in hot/humid conditions and takes a number of days to accomplish. You don't do that before every game because the water weight can make you sluggish (kinda like the Colts in the first half of that game...hmmmmm). You super-hydrate so that you sweat off the water weight and avoid dehydration, which is a leading cause of muscle cramps.

Again, the situation is long over. Nothing will change the game result and nothing short of a direct admission of guilt will taint the victory. You can believe what you want obviously, but saying there was no monkey business by the Colts that day is like me saying that Belichick misinterpretted the rule on videotaping from the sidelines.

Nice schedule breakdown. Seeing it like this, I think the game I'm concerned most with is @Seattle in primetime. They have a great home field advantage. Add onto that there is not impossible chance the Pats are 13-0 heading into that game, the undefeated bullseye could be in full force and it could be the Ravens game all over again (except this time ending in an L).

Prior to that, obviously SD & Indy present problems. Pitt to a lesser extent.

But I expect NE to be 8-0 heading into Indy -- at worst 7-1 -- and on their way to a first round bye.

I see 13-3 as a realistic scenario, with a good chance on of those losses being a meaningless Week 17 game vs. Bills.

thanks Meta4s for the rundown and the time that you put into it, especially for the helpful info on the opponent's schedule around a Pats game.

Ditto that. Holy CRAP what a great thread. Thanks, metaphors. Awesome stuff, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes