PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking Ahead To NFL Week 5: Patriots Open As 8½-Point Favorites At Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Looking Ahead To NFL Week 5: Patriots Open As 8½-Point Favorites At Dallas Cowboys

John Morgan

The New England Patriots opened as 8½-point favorites in advanced betting lines for NFL week 5. DE Jeremy Mincey returns for Dallas after missing last week due to a concussion. The 2006 6th-round draft pick by the Patriots had had kind words in the past about Bill Belichick, and his return to the defensive line will be welcomed by Dallas. After limiting DeMarco Murray to two yards rushing, the Cowboys could not get off the field against Atlanta. Backup running back DeVonta Freeman rushed for 141 yards and three touchdowns for the Falcons in their victory over Dallas

Continue reading...

8.5 pts for a road team feels kinda high

No Romo and no Dez. I think they're missing some defensive players too. That game should be a blowout.

No Romo and no Dez. I think they're missing some defensive players too. That game should be a blowout.

McClain, Hardy and Mincey should all be back by then. McClain and Hardy were serving 4 game suspensions. But not worried about that.

So who else is going?

I was shocked at the price of tickets down there. You must be independently wealthy P.J.
Not wealthy but I do OK. And a lot of my money goes towards the Pats.

And I was shocked at the prices too!

That dallas offensive line worries me. I worry about this team looking ahead to the dolts lol. Hope they stay sharp

That dallas offensive line worries me. I worry about this team looking ahead to the dolts lol. Hope they stay sharp

I wouldn't worry. I think the Pats added about a half a ton of defensive linemen in the last few days for a reason.

Belichick has had 2 weeks to get ready for Brandon Weedon. I like our chances.
5-17 as a starter....Sheesh.

He did ok last week however you need to actually score in the second 1/2 to win.

8.5 on the road? Jeesh. I'm the biggest homer around, but that seems like a lot

I wouldn't worry. I think the Pats added about a half a ton of defensive linemen in the last few days for a reason.

No kidding. With all that beef Kraft might need to charter a C-5 Galaxy for chrissakes.

Dallas oline hasnt been that great so far this year.

You also need to factor in about 1 point for the "Dallas (big market) Premium". To clarify, the DAL spread automatically gets shaded an extra 0.5 to 1.0 points against them just because of how many fans will bet them without fail every week. A "perk" I guess of betting on your home town team when it's one of the NFL's most popular team with one of the largest fanbases. For example, if DAL should be a -7.0 favorite vs CAR, the "Vegas/Odds-makers" would instill them as -8.0. Why? Just because they can. They'll more accurately still split the action, and over the long run, make a little more money off the loyal backers of the most popular teams.

So +8.5, is really more like +9.0 / +9.5.

I think 8.5 is perfectly fair at this point. That Cowboys team has looked pretty bad and lost their two best players. Obviously the spread is probably going to move a bit either if the boys look good or if they lose to an 0-3 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes