PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Look Ma, so many holes....so many needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If you take a good look folks, we have a lot of question marks and needs to address to say the least. If ever Scott Pioli & BB & Co. were to have a great draft, this is the year. We also need to succeed with signing some of our own and picking up some free agents. I am assuming the CBA is a done deal (although in many ways, the Patriots may be better off without it.)

Here are just a few as I see it:

Kicker -Free agent - AV as good as gone, rumors say Indy makes a huge run (I have a connection that told me this today).

Center - Injury concern - heard today on WEEI - Paul Perillo saying Koppens injury was very rough and could be tough to rehab from.

Safety - Injury concern - Rodneys return.

RB - Injury or age concern - Can Dillon run anymore?

Left Gurard - Injury concern - Matt Light, hopefuly he is back at 100%

QB - Injury concerns -Tom Brady - Hernia operation, knee & shoulder

WR- Resign - Branch - sign him now, long term , assuming CBA is done.

WR - FA - Givens as good as gone.

WR - FA - Troy Brown, one more year?

WR - FA - Tim Dwight, do we want him back?

WR - FA - Andre Davis - Can he and Brady get on the same page?

WR - enigma - Bethel Johnson - will he ever figure it out?

LB - age - as a group, can they stay healthy and dominant?

LB - Restructure, can they figure out a way to keep Willie Mcginest, I hope.

DL - Resign - Richard Seymour holdout? Can we get a deal done this year?

OL - FA - Ashworth - good depth?

OL - FA - Neal - Would love to see him stay.

CB - Upgrade - we need to upgrade beyond Gay, Hobbs, Samuels, Poole & Scott?

OL - Curious - Kazcur - what did go on with him down the stretch?

Comments anybody?

The sky is falling, too

Football players with injuries? What a bunch of wimps. Suck it up nad play ball, girls.... :singing:

Adam will stay.

Yes, he will.

He better.

Givens, I'm not so sure of, but if the 2006 cap is up over $100 mil., you can't count the Pats out. Givens knows the value of Brady to his career, and he knows Foxboro is the place to win.

Last edited:
Any list that has Brady on it is overeaching. Half those guys are scrubs. Seymour won't hold out, he has a better salary this year than last year. We have work to do but lots of picks, will sign a few FA and many of those guys can be replaced by journeyman veterans.

pats1 said:
Givens, I'm not so sure of, but if the 2006 cap is up over $100 mil., you can't count the Pats out. Givens knows the value of Brady to his career, and he knows Foxboro is the place to win.

I believe Givens spent the off-season after his rookie year playing catch with Brady.

I believe Brady took time off his busy schedule during that off-season to help Givens becomes the player he is today.

I believe Givens, as a 7th round pick, owes the Patriots organization for giving him the opportunity to play and start in the league.

I believe Givens owe Brady for helping him becomes the player he is today.

For these reasons, I believe Givens will be back with the team.

Of course, what happened to David Patten should give him second thought about jumping ship.

Last edited:
I believe Givens, as a 7th round pick, owes the Patriots organization for giving him the opportunity to play and start in the league.

He may have owed the organization the day he was drafted. However, he has paid that back with interest by doing all he could to be a member of the team and earn his spot.

AV will stay...unless he is demanding too much and knows he can get it from another team...(Dallas...Indy). Givens could stay, but I just have a gut feeling he will be gone...which is kind of sad. He's a tough receiver..and will instead go and take a BIG payday. Would he be better here?? Quite possibly..but he'll take the money.

maybe this will be a '70s steelers thing

Chevy said:
He may have owed the organization the day he was drafted. However, he has paid that back with interest by doing all he could to be a member of the team and earn his spot.
you know, rebuild the frame, keep the core. that might take 2-3 years. so we come back with a vengeance in 2009-2010, our old vets walk away laughing.

i don't know if givens' people have even made an obnoxious offer to patriots.
yeah, he owes them for keeping him, investing in him, and not just tossing him into the "numbers game" pool.
i firmly believe that Kaczur just hit the "rookie wall". mankins didn't seem to. another reason why i suspect mankins is gonna be 12-year player, couple pro bowls.
i am so glad someone else wants upgrade the defensive secondary. yeah, you could say they've put a 1, two 3s, and a 4 back there in the last 3 years. also got lucky with an UFA. but IMO what we have is a backfield with tough, smart players, and not a pro bowler among them. ya wanna go deep in the playoffs, you gotta have one DB who is as scary back there as big sey is on the DL.

Default Look Ma, ..... the sky is falling too!!

come on man ... it isn't nearly as bad as people try to say it is.

PATs could sign back almost it's entire starting team as it was
at the end of the season if they wanted to.
Maybe they've identified 10 or 15 roster spots they want to try and
upgrade. They've got alternatives. But don't expect anything until the
status of the CBA is know one way or another.
I am very confident they will have no problem finding the 83 or so
players they want to take to TC and that there will be very good
competition on every unit. Do you really doubt that?

Let em at least get to the draft before crying ..... holes.

ilduce06410 said:
yeah, he owes them for keeping him, investing in him, and not just tossing him into the "numbers game" pool.
Why would Givens "owe" the patriots?

They didn't do anything for Givens the person. They gave a job to Givens the player, because he was worth the time and money.

If Givens hadn't been worth the money, the Pats would hav cut him in a second.

He is a good receiver, who works hard. Because he was a very late pick in hte last round of the draft, he got very little money. If he can get more, more power to him. What has his salary been? Non-existent signing bonus, and rookie minimum for three years and one $1.4 mil year?

I wish him well.

fgssand said:
If you take a good look folks, we have a lot of question marks and needs to address to say the least. If ever Scott Pioli & BB & Co. were to have a great draft, this is the year. We also need to succeed with signing some of our own and picking up some free agents. I am assuming the CBA is a done deal (although in many ways, the Patriots may be better off without it.)

Here are just a few as I see it:

Kicker -Free agent - AV as good as gone, rumors say Indy makes a huge run (I have a connection that told me this today).

Center - Injury concern - heard today on WEEI - Paul Perillo saying Koppens injury was very rough and could be tough to rehab from.

Safety - Injury concern - Rodneys return.

RB - Injury or age concern - Can Dillon run anymore?

Left Gurard - Injury concern - Matt Light, hopefuly he is back at 100%

QB - Injury concerns -Tom Brady - Hernia operation, knee & shoulder

WR- Resign - Branch - sign him now, long term , assuming CBA is done.

WR - FA - Givens as good as gone.

WR - FA - Troy Brown, one more year?

WR - FA - Tim Dwight, do we want him back?

WR - FA - Andre Davis - Can he and Brady get on the same page?

WR - enigma - Bethel Johnson - will he ever figure it out?

LB - age - as a group, can they stay healthy and dominant?

LB - Restructure, can they figure out a way to keep Willie Mcginest, I hope.

DL - Resign - Richard Seymour holdout? Can we get a deal done this year?

OL - FA - Ashworth - good depth?

OL - FA - Neal - Would love to see him stay.

CB - Upgrade - we need to upgrade beyond Gay, Hobbs, Samuels, Poole & Scott?

OL - Curious - Kazcur - what did go on with him down the stretch?

Comments anybody?

I'd be willing to bet, FGSSAND, that you could go through EVERY TEAM and put up the same thing.

Also, last I looked, Light was the LT, not the LG.

Not sure how you can say that Brady has a shoulder issue. Its well known that BB uses that to send a message to the league.

Sports hernias are a common place in the league. Never heard of one being a nagging injury unless its untreated.

As a group, if you ignore the ages of Claridge, Alexander, Beisel and Colvin, yes, they are old.

As for Kaczur down the stretch, he had a shoulder injury. It happens. Just like it happened to Neal 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back