Welcome to PatsFans.com

Look for a big game from Stallworth?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DynastyDriven, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DynastyDriven

DynastyDriven Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Any chance that they went less to Stallworth during the Jets game and maybe gave Moss more looks then he might get normally knowing the Chargers would be studying that games film and would concentrate that much more on Moss and less on Stallworth?

Keep Stallworth "hidden" on purpose and then break him out for the SD game...
  2. cubicle_6

cubicle_6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the coach just felt Gaffney was the better choice last sunday opposite Moss.
    If Stallworth shows he can run the shorter and intermediate routes well enough he'll get in on more plays.
    It's good to have this depth at WR finally.
  3. AtivanPatsFan

AtivanPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think we kept him "hidden" at all. I think he just wans't the primary targer for Tom in this particular game.

After the Jets game, we know SD will be focusing on Moss, probably double teams alot, so I wouldn't expect a repeat of last weeks numbers.

But back on topic: I believe there will be a big game for either Welker, Gaffney, or !! Washington !!. SD will do very well against our 1 and 2, but will be vunerable to our lower recievers ( I use the term loosely).

Like many others have said already, our O-line needs to have a game similar to the Jests, where we gave Tom alot of time to pick apart the secondary.
  4. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If Maroney can get something going and that other new guy pulls a safety to his side of the field, there is a great chance Stallworth could get some great opportunities to reel in some big catches.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.