PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Look at these morons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a short essey, say 800 words, quoting appropriately. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't get to it. Well, here are some of the Cowboy fans responses to that sory about BB wanting it to be all about the coaching. I just thought they were so stupid, they were funny. One guy had the stones to come to BB's defense though:

"Belichek is letting this get to his head. Coaching only makes a difference when all other things are equal. But when you have a lousy team, no coach can make a difference. Jimmah was a great coach ... yet he had a 1-15 season as well as 2 Super Bowls. When he had the talent, he won. When he had the talent, he beat the living crap out of everyone. When he didn't, he stunk. Belichek will learn when the Pats are in the basement and can't beat the Jets ... it's all about the players. Get the best players first ... then coaching really makes a difference.

Here's egg on your face Bill. F the Pats!!!"

"First off so much credit is given to Beli about the Patriots but not enough credit is given to Parcells because who recruited those key plays and the coaching staff??? I think a big piece was Weiss and it showed last year.
The thing that irritates me is New England has played in one of the WORST division throughout their SB runs. Last year they played in one of the worst divisions I can remember and they were mediocre. Granted they had injuries but even healthy at the end of last year they were not impressive.

Beli will will lose this gamble"

"BB does get alot more more credit than he really deserves.. How did he do with the Browns again?"

"That's a ridiculous statement. He learned from his mistakes in Cleveland. What's wrong with that? Oh, and what's Parcells' record without BB? How many Super Bowls has he won without Belichick? Thank you. See, the argument goes both ways. You can hate Belichick all you want - and many in the NFL do - but nobody doubts his coaching abilities. To say he's overrated when he won three Super Bowls in four years with teams not nearly as talented as the 90s Cowboys were is just stupid. The guy may be a jerk but he can coach. There's no doubt about that. I think the Hall of Fame will agree with that when he retires."

"A leader is only as good as his supporting cast. Considering BP gift wrapped that cast for him in NE and he fell on his face in Cleveland I am hesitent to say he is a good coach. I think he did a good job managing the talent he had but I don't think he is very good at getting the talent which would explain Cleveland."

Last edited:
Is it a coincidence that the one poster who gives Belichick credit for his coaching is also the only one who can write grammatical English and spell?

Doomsday is a good guy, he's smart, I know him on another board.

Mike the Brit said:
Is it a coincidence that the one poster who gives Belichick credit for his coaching is also the only one who can write grammatical English and spell?
If only he could write grammatical American, he'd have a chance to get through to those cowpokers.

Damn, I had no idea Parcells was really the one behind drafting Brady. :confused:

Wow, quite a few rocket scientists over there. Interesting how Parcells is responsible for our success. Can you say "delusional"?

What are they complaining about, they have the best coach in the league with Tuna, don't they??? ;)

ITs amazing that those morons can't figure out that 4 years elapsed between when Bill Parcells was coach and when Belichick took over. Its also pretty funny that there was such a large turnover from 2000 to 2001.

Gone from the 2001 Squad were the following:Vincent Brisby, Tony George, Lee Johnson, Andy Katzenmoyer, Max Lane, Marty Moore, Greg Spires, Todd Rucci, Tony Simmons, Chris Slade, Larry Whigham.

Just to name a few.

I decided to review the SB 36 vs. the SB 31 rosters and I found some amazing things. And its no wonder why Belichick was surprised that the 2001 team won it all.

The SuperBowl 36 Roster Looked like this:
New England Patriots
== Offense ==
Brown, Troy WR
Light, Matt LT
Compton, Mike LG
Woody, Damien C
Andruzzi, Joe RG
Randall, Greg RT
Wiggins, Jermaine TE
Patten, David WR
Brady, Tom QB
Edwards, Marc FB
Smith, Antowain RB

== Defense ==
Hamilton, Bobby LE
Mitchell, Brandon DT
Seymour, Richard DT
Pleasant, Anthony RE
Vrabel, Mike LLB
Bruschi, Tedy MLB
Phifer, Roman RLB
Law, Ty LCB
Smith, Otis RCB
Milloy, Lawyer SS
Jones, Tebucky FS

Buckley, Terrell CB
Chatham, Matt LB
Cherry, Je'Rod S
Coleman, Fred WR
Cox, Bryan LB
Faulk, Kevin RB
Harris, Antwan S
Izzo, Larry LB
Johnson, Charles WR

Johnson, Ted LB
McGinest, Willie LB
Pass, Patrick FB
Paxton, Lonie LS
Redmond, J.R. RB
Ruegamer, Grey C/G
Rutledge, Rod TE
Shaw, Terrance CB
Stevens, Matt S
Vinatieri, Adam K
Walter, Ken P
Williams, Grant OT
Bledsoe, Drew QB
Parker, Riddick DT
Damon Huard QB

The players in BOLD are the ones who were in their 1st year with
the Pats. Notice that there were 9 starters in the SB not
including Ken Walter who were first year players with the Pats.

Here is the 1996 SB Roster:
New England Patriots

Wohlabaugh, Dave C
Roberts, William G
Rucci, Todd G
Armstrong, Bruce T
Lane, Max T
Byars, Keith TE
Coates, Ben TE
Glenn, Terry WR
Jefferson, Shawn WR
Martin, Curtis RB
Bledsoe, Drew QB
Sagapolutele, Pio DT
Wheeler, Mark DT
Collons, Ferric DE
McGinest, Willie DE
Collins, Todd OLB
Slade, Chris OLB
Johnson, Ted MLB
Law, Ty CB
Smith, Otis CB*
Clay, Willie FS
Milloy, Lawyer SS
Bartrum, Mike LS
Brisby, Vincent WR
Brown, Corwin CB
Bruschi, Tedy LB
Burke, John TE
Eaton, Chad DT
Gisler, Mike OL
Graham, Hason WR
Grier, Marrio RB
Henderson, Jerome S
Jones, Mike LB
Kratch, Bob OL
Lucas, Ray QB
McGruder, Mike CB
Meggett, Dave RB
Moore, Marty LB
Ray, Terry S
Sabb, Dwayne LB
Sullivan, Chris DE
Tupa, Tom P
Vinatieri, Adam K
Whigham, Larry S
Reynolds, Ricky CB
Scott Zolak QB
The Players in RED were the only players from the SB 31 team who remained as part of the SB 36 team. Not sure how there only being 7 players left from the SB that Bill Parcells tanked would be considered a gift-wrapped team.

A kernel of truth amidst the Chaff

There is a kernel of truth behind the observations by "Boys fans. but as folowers of the 'Boys I'm sure they don't know the situatioon about the Pats in any detail

The kernel of truth is that the "old time corps" is getting old ,and being replaced, and these were guys from the Parcells era. Bobby Grier never drafted a player other than KF who stayed with the team. The team feels that BG void but strangely, that augurs well for a few more SB pushes,as the Team is very young and indeed the young offense played like it too, in Denver.

The part they don't know is the enormous number of rising stars just reaching their prime and fame years that BB/SP have gotten since thier arrival. Guys like Light, Mankins, Koppen, Neal, Watson, Graham, Branch, Givens, Brady, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Wilson, Gay, Samuel and Hobbs. All of who are at least Red Chippers. This doesn't include any others just starting to make a name for themselves.

Yes remember the greats Parcellls brought in: Bledsoe, Willie, Tedy, TJ, Lawyer, Ty and AV. All but Tedy are gone over the last few years after a decade or more of play. Significantly, only Willie and AV played much last year, while Tedy was a half season timer...

Woulda, Coulda, Mighta, Shoulda...

With the recent comparisons of the SB31 and SB 36 rosters and my comments about the Bobby Grier talent VOID, I am tempted to credit last season's loss in Denver and perhaps not having a HFA to one Mr. Bobby Grier as his last "gift" to Patriot fans.

I am the only one who has posted that the Denver game was a mistake filled one where most of the errors were "rookie" or youngster like mistakes. In short, a Team "too young" to win at least on Offense. And our Team was very young on O; starting two rookies on the line, a rookie TE, in effect, (who played well however) with an OLT substitute, sick as a dog, starting his first game there that year. There was no healthy RBs on a thin RB crew.

Think what the team might have been like if Bobby Grier's scouting talents were bettter. Assume his picks had panned out and become players commensurate with their draft selections. (Or he had picked others that did pan out at those positions)

Our WRs might have included a feared star with world class speed in Tony Simmons. The Oline might have had a spare quality OLT veteran in Ed Ellison. The RBs might have been augmented by a feared Probowler not one whose career died in Hawaii, (but that was not Grier's fault).

The defense would have had a #1 type CB in Chris Canty, and a star safety in Tebuckey Jones to shut down the Denver passing attack, at least a little. All of these players blooded veterans in their primes. Fewer rookie type mistakes. The outcome woulda, coulda, might, shoulda been different

A toast to Bobby Grier ...Super Bowl XL that woulda, couda, mighta, shoulda been...

I lost interest when I saw the pic of Troy Aikman in the top right part of the screen. Talk about living in the past.

AzPatsFan said:
With the recent comparisons of the SB31 and SB 36 rosters and my comments about the Bobby Grier talent VOID, I am tempted to credit last season's loss in Denver and perhaps not having a HFA to one Mr. Bobby Grier as his last "gift" to Patriot fans.

I am the only one who has posted that the Denver game was a mistake filled one where most of the errors were "rookie" or youngster like mistakes. In short, a Team "too young" to win at least on Offense. And our Team was very young on O; starting two rookies on the line, a rookie TE, in effect, (who played well however) with an OLT substitute, sick as a dog, starting his first game there that year. There was no healthy RBs on a thin RB crew.

AZ -
Just a one things. Ashworth was actually starting his 2nd game at LT. He'd played there earlier when Kaczur missed a game. Ashworth had also started at RT for several games.
Otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

AzPatsFan said:
Think what the team might have been like if Bobby Grier's scouting talents were bettter. Assume his picks had panned out and become players commensurate with their draft selections. (Or he had picked others that did pan out at those positions)

Our WRs might have included a feared star with world class speed in Tony Simmons. The Oline might have had a spare quality OLT veteran in Ed Ellison. The RBs might have been augmented by a feared Probowler not one whose career died in Hawaii, (but that was not Grier's fault).

The defense would have had a #1 type CB in Chris Canty, and a star safety in Tebuckey Jones to shut down the Denver passing attack, at least a little. All of these players blooded veterans in their primes. Fewer rookie type mistakes. The outcome woulda, coulda, might, shoulda been different

A toast to Bobby Grier ...Super Bowl XL that woulda, couda, mighta, shoulda been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back