PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Look at them tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Many people are talking about the players whose stock has gone up, but not many are talking about those whose stock has gone down.

Two players who, prior to the Senior Bowl and Combine, were being touted as potential first rounders are Damieon Hughes and Victor Abiamiri. Both seem to be on a very deep slide with people talking the 3rd or 4th round.

Who else has been sliding?

Leon Hall, DB Michigan
Paul Poz, Penn State

JMO

Timmons went down with his height being only 6'1" not 6'3".

Moss went down with his lack of strength and not looking fluid in drills.

Ginn once considered a top ten pick has slid to the bottom of the first or top of the second.

Jarrett has dropped from top 15 into the second round.

McCauley didn't look good in position drills and is second round.

To name a few.

Moss went down with his lack of strength and not looking fluid in drills.

Then there's that Sirius radio incident...

Very good lists. I'd toss in Levi Brown.

Leon Hall, DB Michigan
Paul Poz, Penn State

JMO

Hall is being touted as a top 10 pick still.
Posluzsny is still being touted as a 1st rounder.

Arron Sears has suffered from being injured. Was thought of as a round one guard and mid-round tackle. He's slid a bit, but I get the feeling if he's still in the back of everyone's mind.

Most receivers. Calvin Johnson, Antonio Gonzalez, and Robert Meachem have enhanced their status. The other first round wannabes Bowe, Rice, Ginn, & Jarrett have all slid.

Most receivers. Calvin Johnson, Antonio Gonzalez, and Robert Meachem have enhanced their status. The other first round wannabes Bowe, Rice, Ginn, & Jarrett have all slid.

I think Bowe has risen. He was thought of as a late first rounder two months ago. Now it seems he's right there with Meachem to be the second off the board.

Alan Branch is slipping on a lot of boards too. Probably not past Denver though.

Bowe ran a 4.40 at his pro day at 6'3" 222, I would guess he would be moving up, not down. Him and Meachem intrigue me, both big and fast (Meachem ran a 4.39). Bowe is known as an excellent blocker. For some reason, Rice isn't mentioned much anymore, how could you not draft a receiver named Rice ? Ginn & Jarrett will be gone by pick #24, unless Jarrett runs a 5.0 or something, lol.

how could you not draft a receiver named Rice ?

Syracuse has a WR named Rice Moss. You would think he would be born to play WR. Unfortunately, he's a slightly better WR prospect than I am.

I think a lot of teams are comapring Jarrett to Mike Williams and that is a scary thought.
A bad personal interview has dropped Branch on a lot of boards. The personal interview may be even more important for Jarrett, if he hopes to squash the Williams comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes