Welcome to PatsFans.com

'Longtime Friend,' Thompson Adviser Has Rap Sheet

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

The Republicans are so good for laughs these days. Does their hypocrisy ever end? I said a long time ago Bush was the Carter of the Republican Party.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3818395&page=1

Since March, Philip J. Martin has traveled around the country on behalf of GOP presidential candidate Fred Thompson, flying the former senator to events and working to raise more than $6 million for Thompson's campaign.

In the 30 years prior, Martin raised hell, according to public records and numerous lawsuits reviewed by ABC News, as a bookie, drug dealer and accused double-dealer.
    Related Stories

Police files show Martin was convicted of or pleaded guilty to multiple felonies in the 1970s and 80s and started and folded dozens of businesses in the 1990s. More recently, former investors have been chasing millions they say they are owed by Martin's former companies.

A longtime friend of Thompson's, Martin helped raise money for both of the candidate's Senate bids. But this year he appears to enjoy unparalleled roles at the heart of Thompson's campaign organization: as head of the "First Day Founders," a Thompson campaign fundraising group which secured millions in pledged donations prior to Thompson's official announcement, and as the unofficial aviation service to the candidate. Through July, the Thompson campaign has paid Martin more than $140,000 to use his private jets, according to campaign finance records.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Hillary's Hsu made all the front pages of the main stream media, somehow this gets buried.. sheez.. maybe this Main Stream Media is a right wing myth??

BTW he has resigned or Thompson let him go..
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

I like Thompson, he himself is a decent man but he will never be president or even come close to it, he hides in his house, he announced he was running then he disappeared, we only see him when his wife sends him out to the store for bread.

The reason "Thompsons Crook" (they all have one, Hillary has about a 100) isn't being talked about in the media as much as Pant Suits Chop Suey guys is because Thompson is all washed up already, he's like UFO Kanootchi people are forgetting he even exisits, it's to bad he's a good man, I think he's worried about his health I thought for sure he would wipe the floor with all of them including Pant Suit, this is one of the few times in my life that I have been wrong.
    Onward Christian Soldiers
    Marching As To War
    With The Cross Of Jesus
    Going On Before
    :bricks: