PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Longest win streak beatable by this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So the Pats previously set the NFL record by winning 21 consecutive games right? Could they beat the streak again this year? Well they won 4 games in a row to end 2008. So they'd have to win 17 games in a row in 2009 to match that record and 18 in a row to beat it. And obviously 19 games in a row to ALSO win the championship. The Pats would then have won 23 games in a row total. Can it be done?

So the Pats previously set the NFL record by winning 21 consecutive games right? Could they beat the streak again this year? Well they won 4 games in a row to end 2008. So they'd have to win 17 games in a row in 2009 to match that record and 18 in a row to beat it. And obviously 19 games in a row to ALSO win the championship. The Pats would then have won 23 games in a row total. Can it be done?

I think the record we are talking about is consecutive regular season games.
It is impossible for the Patriots to win 17 of them in 2009.

Sorta related -- anyone know what the record is for most conscutive regular season wins by a QB? Brady's streak was not broken last season, in fact he was credited with KC.

Sorta related -- anyone know what the record is for most conscutive regular season wins by a QB? Brady's streak was not broken last season, in fact he was credited with KC.

There are two separate 21-game win streaks: consecutive, including playoffs (which Canton honors), and 21 consecutive regular season games (which the NFL record book lists).

As for QBs, I'm fairly sure it's Brady's 20 consecutive, but I could be wrong. [BTW—imagine if we could say that both Cassel and Brady are part of the two longest win streaks of all time. :) ]

see other thread "19-0 in 2009???" for more than enough discussion about the importance (or lack thereof) of winning streaks.

4 words: just win game nineteen

Damn that Patriots hater Roger Goodell for not extending the regular season to 18 games already!

Damn him to Hell!

I'm not sure I really want an 18 game season. It puts more wear and tear on the players and come playoff time, teams might not be at their strongest compared to if they only went 16.

There are two separate 21-game win streaks: consecutive, including playoffs (which Canton honors), and 21 consecutive regular season games (which the NFL record book lists).

As for QBs, I'm fairly sure it's Brady's 20 consecutive, but I could be wrong. [BTW—imagine if we could say that both Cassel and Brady are part of the two longest win streaks of all time. :) ]
It is 20, last three of 2006, 16 in 2007 and 1 last year......
His last regular season loss was 21-0 vs Miami in 2006.............12/10/06
Put another way, when the season starts, TFB will have gone 1008 days since his last regular season loss...

Last edited:
Yeah, technically that can happen. But I've always felt not making the post-season is a de facto end of season loss.

I'm not sure I really want an 18 game season. It puts more wear and tear on the players and come playoff time, teams might not be at their strongest compared to if they only went 16.

You say that now because the Pats are the division favorites but what will your opinion be if the Pats are a game back or maybe two in the division in week 15 of next year when the proposed change could be made?

I could see your opinion change dramatically :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing