PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Long Hair Covering Names on Jerseys - Should the NFL crack down?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the NFL take action?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted "Yes with a memo".

I've seen more than one long gainer {touchdown? :eek: } stopped dead in its tracks by a handful of weave. At least a horse-collar penalty would be better than getting yanked down by the sister's disadvantage.

If I were a head coach (no pun here, kids) I'd tell these skill players to hide that shizt or cut it off.

"Gods bless your hirsute glory and all (you're so goddam pretty to the ladies I'm sure!), but those tackles by the hair hurt the team. So ditch it."

Samoans are the only ones who should be allowed to wear their hair that long, as it's an important aspect of their culture. Otherwise, I don't understand why any pro athlete would want to wear his hair that long -- a hot, heavy, messy nuisance. And speaking as a fan, I don't like seeing it cover the nameplate.

We've all seen dreads and other long hairstyles getting to the point where the name on the jersey is obstructed.

Should the NFL crack down?
No there are enough freaking rules as it is.

No, they should not give Godell another revenue stream, in fact I would like to see Wilfork take Mangold down by the beard.

Is this thread designed to cause the release of Ross Ventrone?

Samoans are the only ones who should be allowed to wear their hair that long, as it's an important aspect of their culture.

*hands over can of worms*

Hey Tune, open this up wouldja?

:bricks:

Last edited:
Long hair covering nameplates are the least of the NFL's problems, and such a rule could be misinterpreted, how long is too long???...

A bigger concern are rules being subjectively or inconsistently enforced..

The players should be allowed to grow their hair as long as they want. Also put it in dreads, crownrows, or dye it blue if they want. The NFL sucks with some of the rules and this would be another one. Also, there should be a 15 yard penalty for pulling a player down by the hair. It is dangerous and if they care about player saftey they would treat it the same as a horse coller tackel. Anyone who thinks I am wrong is a total idiot and does not care about player saftey.

The players should be allowed to grow their hair as long as they want. Also put it in dreads, crownrows, or dye it blue if they want. The NFL sucks with some of the rules and this would be another one. Also, there should be a 15 yard penalty for pulling a player down by the hair. It is dangerous and if they care about player saftey they would treat it the same as a horse coller tackel. Anyone who thinks I am wrong is a total idiot and does not care about player saftey.

So, you want long hair players to have an advantage? It is their choice to grow it out, nobody is forcing them. There will not be a penalty, nor should there be one, it would literally be bias in the rule book if they started forcing penalties for tackling by the hair. If they are worried about their own safety they can cut their hair.

Why should Torrey Smith get an advantage over Wes Welker for having hair past his shoulders? Explain the logic in that to me. There isn't any that I can see.

Stop calling people idiots for having a different opinion than yourself, you sound like an ignorant child.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye