PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Maroney might not even leave the hotel....No wonder he hardly makes it past the line of scrimmage with that much enthusiasm.

How he's going to get to the game is anyones guess....

He's a young guy suddenly thrust into a totally alien environment where the many indiginous native tribes each speak varied and difficult to translate dialects, rife with totally incomprehensible idioms. As a child he may have been traumatized watching Mel Gibson and the fierce Scots with their blue painted faces and savage behaviour. Worse yet, he risks life and limb with rapidly moving traffic approaching from his blindside every time he goes to cross a street. Very disconcerting.

He's a young guy suddenly thrust into a totally alien environment where the many indiginous native tribes each speak varied and difficult to translate dialects, rife with totally incomprehensible idioms. As a child he may have been traumatized watching Mel Gibson and the fierce Scots with their blue painted faces and savage behaviour. Worse yet, he risks life and limb with rapidly moving traffic approaching from his blindside every time he goes to cross a street. Very disconcerting.

I think it's probably because he fears the gap. There are signs everywhere on the tube (we call it the T here) telling you to mind the gap.

You see enough of those signs and you start to think it's a bottomless vast chasm from where no man returns.

Pats are working out at the Brit Oval now, according to the Globe. The Oval is a cricket pitch- er, ground.

I learned a new word: "nurdle" and can't find it anywhere in the American dictionary.. anyone know what that is?

Pats are working out at the Brit Oval now, according to the Globe. The Oval is a cricket pitch- er, ground.

I learned a new word: "nurdle" and can't find it anywhere in the American dictionary.. anyone know what that is?

In cricketing terms a nurdle is like a nudge. A batsman will gently nudge the ball to an area where there is no fielder, and will scamper through for a single.

In cricket nurdeling is just playing it safe & boring, what context was it used in? :confused:

The%20Brit%20Oval.jpg

For anyone who hasn't seen the Bit Oval

Last edited:
Just to explain further - Batsman = player employed to hit the ball; Fielder = player on the opposing team trying to get the Batsman out; Single = one run, which is what happens when the Batsmen cross and reach the other end without getting out.

Just to make sure ;)

Old Trafford > The Oval ;)

Taunton > err The County Ground?

I'm another NFL fan from when it was shown in the late 80's on terrestrial TV (Channel4).

Two tribes go to war anyone?

YouTube - FGTH - Two Tribes (Carnage Mix) (Audio Only)

Why the Patriots?

Its as simple as them having the word 'England' in their name - I was 12 when I started following them (1988).

I used to read all the NFL books in the school library - fascinating stuff.

I love the tactical battle - and the athletic play...and yeah....the razzmatazz too.

Did I mention cheerleaders?

That sh*t counts pretty high up when you are 12 years old!

They're all gay down south so he'll be ok, well, apart from my Gramp's as he's a legend. Traffic is a valid point though...

So who's actually going to be at this game, then?

Welcome to all our British fans. Remember, we from New England, love England more than everybody else. That's saying alot because the U.S. LOVES Great Britain.

Remember to root hard for the Patriots! :)

They're all gay down south so he'll be ok, well, apart from my Gramp's as he's a legend. Traffic is a valid point though...

LOL, like the guys in "The Beautiful South?" Loved the Housemartins, but always wondered about that singer.

Spent some time up north (Wirral, Bradford, Manchester) back in the day and was always amused by the disdain you guys have for "Southerners." :)

A nurdle's a bunt. Ish.

AS opposed to Nurgle, who is the God of pestilence and decay. I can see where the two might be confused... :D

LOL, like the guys in "The Beautiful South?" Loved the Housemartins, but always wondered about that singer.

Spent some time up north (Wirral, Bradford, Manchester) back in the day and was always amused by the disdain you guys have for "Southerners." :)

They're all Southerners. South of Berwick-upon-Tweed; southerners. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes