PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the crowd know well enough to keep quiet while the Patriots are on offense? Or will they be singing soccer-style hymns?

The last couple of years the crowd has been pretty mixed making noise when both teams have the ball, but that might have been because the Saints/Chargers & Dolphins/Giants aren't as big over here as the Patriots, so Brady might get more quiet then whoever's QB for the Bucs this week.

I fly to London from Wroclaw, Poland tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the game. I was hoping it's going to be competitive game but the Bucs are so bad this year. Anyway Pats will put 59 on them so we all could wonder if our clocks moved back 1 hour the night before or moved back 2 years so we have 2007 again :)

As I write occasionally only, but read a lot of this forum since I found it, I must say it's great place and classy people here. I'm Pats fan since SB XXXI (1997)

Witac z zadowoleniem, Marian!

Last edited:
This game in London got me wondering ...... how many players, coaches, etc traveling to Merry Ole England have to worry about a criminal history issue when crossing borders? I wonder if the NFL considers this when they schedule such games? I imagine a team like the Ravens might only end up with 2/3 of the plane filled on an international trip ...... ;)

Last edited:
thats a good point bob my uncle...
Last year i remember a saints player had to get himself a passport for the game as he had never left the country, wonder if thats the same with any of the pats players...

GREAT post.

I gotta admit that as the consummate wiseass, I'm drinking in a bar in Paderborn Germany back when that was the Brit sector in the mid 80s and I'm sitting next to a couple guys who turned out to be SAS. For once in my life reason and survival over rode my personality and I made zero jokes about the Micks & Brits. I'm a typical redhead, Fitzgerald on me Mom's side and a Scot on me Dad's.

Probrably would have joined in with you :D They're pretty down to earth fellas as it's something the regiment looks for, they tend not to keep hold of soldiers who are d!ckheads.

Are they banning fans bringing whistles into the stadium this year? We get used to them but it confuses our American friends ears so I guess it would make for a smoother atmosphere......plus they're f'kin annoying. Regarding the noise it's a mixed crowd so everyones not going to be quiet when either team is on offence. Bucs fans will be loud when Brady has it, Pats fans will be loud when Johnson has it and the Neutrals will just enjoy it.

We may be one of the best supported teams in the UK but so are the Bucs so I wouldn't be expecting a 98% homer crowd like at Gillette. People won't boo the Bucs because of the Glazers as most hate Manchester United anyway, if anything they'll find it funny.

BBC Weather | Wembley

Well lets hope they cover the pitch (there i said it :D) on Friday and Saturday and then the sun shines on Sunday.

When i think of London i think of this:

ISeeLondonISeeFrance.png

:D

This game in London got me wondering ...... how many players, coaches, etc traveling to Merry Ole England have to worry about a criminal history issue when crossing borders? I wonder if the NFL considers this when they schedule such games? I imagine a team like the Ravens might only end up with 2/3 of the plane filled on an international trip ...... ;)

Getting into the UK with a criminal history is a lot easier than getting into the States. And...despite "equality"...I'm pretty sure exceptions would be allowed based on the circumstances.

Getting into the UK with a criminal history is a lot easier than getting into the States. And...despite "equality"...I'm pretty sure exceptions would be allowed based on the circumstances.

It isn't that easy anymore, just this year 3 Aussie/Kiwi Rugby League players got refused entry to the country...one of them only had a speeding ticket 5 years ago :eek:

But for a 1 off game, I don't think the border agency will ban anyone from entering the country seems they'll be here for what...5 days max?

Someone earlier was talking about the "Minuteman" group probably not going because of their muskets. To be honest, that really shouldn't be a problem. I've traveled to England several times with a large group of Civil War period reenactors, to support some of the ACW reenactment groups over there. Yes, there are several thousand folks in Great Britain who reenact battles from the American Civil War. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the smoothbore muskets that the Minuteman group uses are classified as shotguns in England, and can be brought in with proper planning and permits. When we traveled we obtained temporary permits and honestly had absolutely NO problems with the police, customs, etc.

The only thing that we couldn't bring in was the black powder blank cartridges and that was because of the airline, and not the British laws. We simply contracted with the local reenactment group to provide us with the blanks we needed.

If the Patriots' Minuteman group wanted to attend, I really can't see any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to.

New England Patriots Blog - UKPats ready to cheer on New England - ESPN Boston

Now every time I think of the game in London, there's this line that comes to my mind, from "Snatch," one of my favorite movies:

"Yeah, London! You know? Fish, chips, cup o' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f-k'ing Poppins London!"

:D Snatch is a classic. Another line from the movie which plays on the colloquial differences between British english and American english:

Bullet Tooth Tony: "They got blagged."
Avi: "Blagged?!? Does anyone around here speak english? I mean, I thought this country spawned the f*kin language, and so far no one seems to speak it."
Bullet Tooth Tony: :confused: "Blagged: Robbed (duh)"

Someone earlier was talking about the "Minuteman" group probably not going because of their muskets. To be honest, that really shouldn't be a problem. I've traveled to England several times with a large group of Civil War period reenactors, to support some of the ACW reenactment groups over there. Yes, there are several thousand folks in Great Britain who reenact battles from the American Civil War. Go figure... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the smoothbore muskets that the Minuteman group uses are classified as shotguns in England, and can be brought in with proper planning and permits. When we traveled we obtained temporary permits and honestly had absolutely NO problems with the police, customs, etc.

The only thing that we couldn't bring in was the black powder blank cartridges and that was because of the airline, and not the British laws. We simply contracted with the local reenactment group to provide us with the blanks we needed.

If the Patriots' Minuteman group wanted to attend, I really can't see any reason why they wouldn't be allowed to.

Achmed and I thank you for this critical information

bob kraft is pretty tight with goodell. the glazer family - i'm not sure they have as much pull.

With Glazer owning, I think Manchester United, he might have WANTED to be the home team.

Achmed and I thank you for this critical information

You're welcome.. :D

Note, though, how I said you need permits and prior planning. Don't show up at customs with your musket and no paperwork.... :cool:

Haven't seen this posted anywhere:

Sky Sports | NFL | News | Brady ready for London

An excited Tom Brady and his New England Patriots have been looking forward to playing at Wembley since the fixture was released - saying they will all remember the game for the rest of their lives.

Brady and the Patriots take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Wembley on Sunday in the third year of the NFL International Series in London, and the star quarterback cannot wait to get started.

"Since the fixture was released" I don't understand that.. can't they speak English?? :D

And I think BB is going to have something to say about the title "Tom Brady and his New England Patriots"

I think Brady would not like that title either.

Poor Maroney might not even leave the hotel....No wonder he hardly makes it past the line of scrimmage with that much enthusiasm.

How he's going to get to the game is anyones guess....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back