Welcome to PatsFans.com

London plans to punish gas-guzzling vehicles

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Feb 13, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

People with the most polluting cars, such as sports utility vehicles and high-powered performance cars, will pay a daily charge of 25 pounds to drive into central London.

25 pounds!!! :eek:

"I believe this ground-breaking initiative will have an impact throughout the world with other cities following suit as they step up their efforts to halt the slide towards catastrophic climate change," he said.

"I think the scheme will start a cultural revolution whereby drivers in every city in Britain start to think about the impact on the environment of their choice of car and how they plan their journeys."

Livingstone hopes the initiative will raise 30 to 50 million pounds per year, which will largely be invested in cycling schemes.

Where are all the people who hate fear mongering? Why is it that they remain silent when it comes to this issue, and the obvious tactics being used by the globalists? Carbon taxes, carbon credit cards, tolls for specific vehicles....all a scheme designed to socialize the world. If it were truly about the environment, it wouldn't be about taxation & fear mongering, like they're trying to make it.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

As usual, the "one fix fits all" solution is ridiculous. I know the SUV my wife has has a lot better fuel economy and less polution than the old trucks that many people drive around. Of course, it's not "cool" to tax a guy with a 14 year old truck as opposed to a new SUV.

And, yeah, 25 pounds is absolutely insane. That's just unaffordable to all but the truly rich.
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

More reason not to move to Europe. They're just ripe for a grand fall (even closer than the U.S.).
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

I Would Advise Them To Start Worrying About Their Muslims

:bricks: