PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

London Game: Who loses the home game and how are they compensated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I assume the NFL guarantees whichever team is losing the home game at least as much revenue as they would've earned with a regular week at home. Anyone know?

Miami lost the home game. I believe they are being compensated in a couple of ways. One way is that Miami will be given further attention for a future super bowl (but from what I read it was more like an off-the-record promise of one soon).

This crowd is GREAT. I don't care what Ditka or anyone else says, it's awesome to hear the English going nuts on long pass plays, eating it up when the players showboat on the field, singing their anthem full-throatedly, unabashedly - it's an awesome venue so far.

One way Miami got compensated is that Porter didn't get suspended for his altercation with Levi Jones... Guy should be in JAIL for that..

Funny that the Giants will have 26 real home games over the course of three seasons. No market bias there.

The field is not in great shape at all..and with the rain...ugh!!!! Also from what I am hearing many whistles are going off so THAT is a big distraction to the players...NOT good at all...

This game is a travesty.

There is some ****** in the stands with a whistle who keeps blowing it, apparently no one told the Eurotrash that a whistle stops play. Then they have some idiot running around on the field. These morons don't care about the NFL, meanwhile there are some fans back home getting screwed out of a home game so the NFL can put on this disaster.

That raving idiot Goodell is on TV telling people what a success this is meanwhile the stands are half empty.

Keep taking hits off that crack pipe Goodell, you are a dipshyt.

Last edited:
This game is a travesty.

There is some ****** in the stands with a whistle who keeps blowing it, apparently no one told the Eurotrash that a whistle stops play. Then they have some idiot running around on the field. These morons don't care about the NFL, meanwhile there are some fans back home getting screwed out of a home game so the NFL can put on this disaster.

That raving idiot Goodell is on TV telling people what a success this is meanwhile the stands are half empty.

Keep taking hits off that crack pipe Goodell, you are a dipshyt.

Well it is a sell out but my guess is that people are in the concourse doing whatever it is they do. I agree with you, this is a terrible idea from the soggy, short soccer field, to the moron running around on the field. I'd be pretty upset if I was a Dolphins' season ticket holder.

Well it is a sell out but my guess is that people are in the concourse doing whatever it is they do. I agree with you, this is a terrible idea from the soggy, short soccer field, to the moron running around on the field. I'd be pretty upset if I was a Dolphins' season ticket holder.

Yeah I actually feel bad for Dolphins fans, its bad enough the team is having such a bad year but to lose a home game for this garbage is a slap in the face to NFL fans who have supported the league their entire lives.

The NFL is getting too big for their britches and forgetting who put them on the map in the first place, the fans.

Yeah English are trying to enjoy this game but lets be honest the game is crap! Miami can't do anything and giants aren't much better. This game could have been alot more fun to watch!

That's a BIG part of the problem with this game. DON'T PLAY IT if it's going to be this kind of crappy contest. It doesn't serve the NFL's cause at ALL to show a $hitty game.

I realize you can't predict how good the teams are in advance, but it's not exactly a shocker that Miami is bad at football this season.

Last edited:
...What I really don't understand is why the roof wasn't closed..

I'd be pissed if the team I followed were packaged up, shipped to Europe and sold as a novelty act by the supposed commissioner of the sport.

With apologies to the fine people of London this does NOTHING to benefit the loyal fans in the United States who have supported these teams all these years and watching this is like watching the one you loved be whored off to the highest bidder.

Dolphins can win.

Yeah I actually feel bad for Dolphins fans, its bad enough the team is having such a bad year but to lose a home game for this garbage is a slap in the face to NFL fans who have supported the league their entire lives.

The NFL is getting too big for their britches and forgetting who put them on the map in the first place, the fans.

Great point.

The thing that shocks me is the condition of the field. Why is the field so short and sloppy? I know the rain isn't helping, but this field is falling apart like crazy.

If the NFL really wants to help fans in the UK why don't they put together some reasonably priced packages including tickets for UK fans to come over and see a game in the states.

Rather than shipping 2 NFL teams over to the UK.

Oh thats right, there's no money in that for them. :bricks:

Nice, if the Pats beat the Skins and the Browns and Chargers get a win, all that crap we've been getting about how the Pats haven't beaten anyone good will go away, since 4 of their victories will have been against above-.500 teams.

A soccer field is longer and wider, which this stadium is specific for so theres room, what do you mean short? As for the turf, its a problem for soccer games too and has been discussed before by our national team as it doesn't excactly help. Jesus though you sound like a girl, it must be all so perfect in Miami. Lets not forget the turf at Gillette Stadium wasn't the greatest until they done it. Wembley is not football specific and wont be getting synthetic any time soon.

Last edited:
Dont know if anyone has said ths yet but it looks to me like this was a bust. Fox never showed the wide view of the crowd all day which is not a good sign then the one time they let it slip half the place was empty. Hope Goodell was watching cause its obviously not a good showing for the innagural regular season game. this should at least put the kybosh on the SB being played out there. the G-men looked sluggish at best

Half? The only section I saw that was empty was the rich boys seats opposite the tv cameras at the start of the second half, even that wasn't empty long. It's empty for periods even when the England national teams play. British pictures shown a full stadium, from top to bottom. 88 thousand people. Can't be half empty when theres that many tickets registered and paid for. Alot of money by the way so nobody going to pay and not go, or walk out during it. Not for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down