PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

London game tix for Pats-Buccaneers going fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw this. I'm actually kind of happy to see American Football growing in the U.K. I have no idea what the soccer fanatacism is all about over there as it is probably the most lame sport out there besides Cricket and Shuffleboard. Either that, or Patriots Nation is larger than we thought.

Not to change the subject, but when this story was posted on sportsline.com, someone commented that what the NFL should really do to promote the game overseas is move the Pro Bowl there, since hardly anyone in America cares about it anymore anyway. Plus then the foreign fans could see a lot of the "big name" players (except of course for the ones who drop out.)

Granted, it's still an exhibition game, but at least it's made up of top players instead of nobodies who will be off the roster less than a month later.

Also posted on NFL.com....

Tickets to next season's Patriots-Bucs game in London go fast

Tickets to next season's Patriots-Bucs game in London go fast
Associated Press

LONDON -- The first 70,000 tickets for the NFL's third regular-season game in London have been sold, with 20,000 bought in the first seven minutes of availability, the NFL said Tuesday.
Barrett Ruud chat

The New England Patriots will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Oct. 25 at Wembley Stadium. The previous two NFL games in London also were sellouts.

In addition to those already sold, a limited number of additional tickets have been made available to the general public at TicketMaster through this Sunday's Super Bowl.

Just imagine if the Bucs starting QB is a guy named Matt Cassel and therby facing against Tom & company across the field - Now add a HUGE TV audience on top of that should this happen and you have one helluva game.

Just imagine if the Bucs starting QB is a guy named Matt Cassel and therby facing against Tom & company across the field - Now add a HUGE TV audience on top of that should this happen and you have one helluva game.

or Brett Favre; remember, the Bucs were very interested in bringing him out of retirement and it certainly looks as though the Jets don't want him back

My brother has two tickets for him and his GF. He lives in the Netherlands so close enough by. Me and my wife are jealous, he will see them in a stadium before us :(
He better take good pics, he will be sitting behind the goal line first section.

Last edited:
Well, I can say with confidence that I'm not one of the purchasers. Think I'll stick to domestic NFL. One of these overseas games is going to have a severe impact on a team one season, then we'll see how popular these games are. As far as I'm concerned, these games are all about money, there are plenty of fans right here in the US of A. The like their "futbol" played with a round object, anyway.

Not surprising considering the strength of the Pats fanbase here and the weird British connection with Florida. Most you talk to either have been there, have relatives there or own accomodation there. Tampa are well supported with a big fanclub since the mid eighties and a really well run fansite in bucpower.

?? But Tampa was terrible in the mid-'80s... :confused:

Like I say, there is that factor of spending time in Florida or moving there for Brits. A guy I know visits relatives there and ended up supporting the Bucs.

Sho I shee. I was unaware of such a connection, though I have heard there are a lot of Jesters fans at Jesters-Dolphins games in Miami as a lot of people from Noo Yawk vacation or move down there.

remember that awful miami-nyg game last year that everyone was like, wow what a crappy game for the first London NFL showdown?

who would have thought those two teams would ruin the Pats season in back to back years. :mad:

Like I say, there is that factor of spending time in Florida or moving there for Brits. A guy I know visits relatives there and ended up supporting the Bucs.

Aye. Florida teams supposedly have the biggest following in the world (that watches the NFL). And the Dolphins are the top Florida team that people root for. It's a damn shame.

Not to change the subject, but when this story was posted on sportsline.com, someone commented that what the NFL should really do to promote the game overseas is move the Pro Bowl there, since hardly anyone in America cares about it anymore anyway. Plus then the foreign fans could see a lot of the "big name" players (except of course for the ones who drop out.)

Granted, it's still an exhibition game, but at least it's made up of top players instead of nobodies who will be off the roster less than a month later.

erm.... no thanks. We want to see real games. And I can see that one goiung down great with the players - your award for an outstanding year is.... a weekend in London in February....

Besides, the Pro Bowl/Super Bowl 10 day party has sorted out the "what do we do with the Pro Bowl" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes