PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LoMo vs Stephen Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Who in your opinion will ultimately be a better running back in the NFL?

Not even close, it's Lo-Mo. Jackson is so arrogant he'll never have what it takes to become a great RB. He said he thought he should have been a Top 5 draft pick and that he guarantees he'll goto the HOF.

Jackson's NFL numbers:

TOTAL | 29 games |Rushing: 388 1719 4.4 12 |Receiving: 62 509 8.2 2

Maroney's NFL numbers:

If I had to bet I'd say Jackson. He's already doing it.

Is there some rule that LOMO can only be compared to other guys with dreadlocks??

He runs nothing like Jackson, or edge, or Ricky, for that matter.

Clinton Portis is an apt comparison, although he doesn't have dreads.

i kinda thought about this after the draft
since i loved stephen jackson that yr and really wanted to draft him, but once we got dillon knew we wouldnt
plus, once wilfork fell i knew wed snatch him up

all along, i can remember how much bb loved jackson, and how i think his dad was either an army or navy guy, and it just seemed like a good fit

they kinda remind me of each other in the fact that they both have a great combo of strength and speed
but they def are a lil diff

dont forget that st jackson was behind marshall faulk one yr, and with martz both yrs, now martz is gone and faulk has very little left in the tank
so, look for more this yr out of him

its a tough call to make

Jackson isnt as shifty and as fast as Maroney but hes stronger..more of a powerful back but Martz hasnt used RBs very well besides Faulk in the past because he was a pass happy guy like Reid sort of is..rather pass than

Let's just hope Lomo isn't sLomo!

letekro said:
Is there some rule that LOMO can only be compared to other guys with dreadlocks??

He runs nothing like Jackson, or edge, or Ricky, for that matter.

Clinton Portis is an apt comparison, although he doesn't have dreads.

As PatsFan55 pointed out, the reason I made the comparison is not because they are both dread-lock rastafarians but because, if not for the Corey Dillon trade, Stephen Jackson would likely be wearing a Patriot uniform. I am very impressed with the Maroney highlights, but I think Jackson's size gives him a slight advantage over Maroney at this point.

I'd rather compare LoMo to Addai in December. :rocker:

Well it's kind of pointless to compare now right. The grass will always seem greener on the other side. And of course Jackson has the advantage of being in the league 2 years longer.

I think Maroney will be a good pro, so you won't have to compare him to anyone but himself in a year or two.

Btw Lomo's other nickname is "Koolaid" because he once tried to put out a fire by dumping a pitcher of koolaid on it. LOL. I hope he was just a kid when that happened...

It's not a fair comparison for Maroney right now because we've seen Jackson in the pros.

If you take into account everything we know now, I'd have to go with Jackson.

Tough to tell, they are different types of runners. Jackson's been pretty successful so far, and could break it open now that Martz is out of town.

Maroney will probably impress as a rookie, but it may be a few years before he is involved in enough plays to even compare to Jackson.

That said, I like his style of running. He's kind of a "one move and go" kind of guy. Not that he's limited to one move. He has the ability to make the first guy miss then hits the hole with a burst. He doesn't like to dance around. He has the kind of athleticism we haven't seen in a running back in a long time. I also like the age (21). Maroney could be real good for a long time.

watch the video that Hendrix made.....

PhilD said:
Let's just hope Lomo isn't sLomo!

and I think that you will never have to worry about that Philly.......Lo Mo....is going to be great.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back