PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LoMo mystery solved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. Man you were making so much sense until you said this. Some of the most knowledgeable posters here are the ones will NEVER admit that there is any possibility that they were wrong, or that someone else's "facts" might support an argument contrary to theirs. It borders on pathological sometimes.

Actually, many of them DO admit when they are wrong. I've seen plenty of people do so. From Pats1 to Molewisrocks, from Box_o_Rocks to Myself. We've all eaten crow. You just may have missed it.

Actually, many of them DO admit when they are wrong. I've seen plenty of people do so. From Pats1 to Molewisrocks, from Box_o_Rocks to Myself. We've all eaten crow. You just may have missed it.

Fair enough, I haven't been on this board that long. I notice you left out our God of Wrath and AJ though.

Re: LoMo mystery solved !!

Listen - Just because you were right on Jackson, doesn't make you right on Maroney and it sure as hell doesn't make you right on Seymour.

Pats726 did NOT lay his argument out on a silver platter. Hell, his argument is off anyways because the Pats brought in Jordan more for the issues of Faulk and Morris than they did Maroney and its people like yourself who are blind to facts like that.

So, please STFU with your idiocy about being right. You're not.

Are you saying my claims that Maroney is injury prone are incorrect? Ha-ha brutal homerism at it's finest. You don't know Belichick, and you have no clue why he brought Jordan in. You are making a guess, and your guess is no better than mine.

SloMo is made out of glass....he get's hurt way to much, hates contact and looks like a tap dancer behind the line. I have been saying this for a longggg time! I will be right about this issue (just like I was right about Jackson), and you will find some lame excuse to explain away the simple fact that Maroney is a injury prone, tap dancer, who was not worth the pick we used on him. Maroney is a border line Jag.

As for Sey, he is on the back nine of his career, and is a shell of himeself at this point. He is not worth his salery, and it would be a poor move on the pats part to do anything but ask him to take a pay-cut when his contract comes up. Seymour has done nothing since he got paid.

Last edited:

Are you saying my claims that Maroney is injury prone are incorrect? Ha-ha brutal homerism at it's finest. You don't know Belichick, and you have no clue why he brought Jordan in. You are making a guess, and your guess is no better than mine.

Everyone's guess is better than yours, troll.

SloMo is made out of glass....he get's hurt way to much, hates contact and looks like a tap dancer behind the line. I have been saying this for a longggg time! I will be right about this issue (just like I was right about Jackson), and you will find some lame excuse to explain away the simple fact that Maroney is a injury prone, tap dancer, who was not worth the pick we used on him. Maroney is a border line Jag.

Just admit to not being a patriots fan. You do not want to see Patriots' players succeed, admit to that first. BTW you are still an idiot.

As for Sey, he is on the back nine of his career, and is a shell of himeself at this point. He is not worth his salery, and it would be a poor move on the pats part to do anything but ask him to take a pay-cut when his contract comes up. Seymour has done nothing since he got paid.

Yea he's done nothing... Learn the game and shutup until you do. Your life is miserable if you troll around a Pats forum all day when you can't stand the Pats.

Don't dare say "I like the Pats i"m just not a homer" either because you have never said 1 good thing about the Pats. TROLL

It's still pretty amazing to see how worked up people get about Maroney. It's even more fractious than the CJ debates. And I can admit that I was wrong about CJ. I was excited when we drafted him but he turned out to be a bust. It's too bad he had all the physical ability, and none of the mental ability. Also couldn't get separation despite his physical tools which was the real headscratcher.

Unfortunately the same bad warning signs are starting to appear with Maroney, great physical tools, but can't hit the hole as hard as RBs Morris/Jordan and goes down on contact too easily, dances, gets stuffed etc. I think we can all see where this is heading, just some people are deeper in denial than others.

Ok, dumba$s, explain the Divisional playoffs and AFCCG. Maroney had over 100 yards rushing in each of the games. Did you think he sucked then? He also went over 100 in 2 of the last 3 games of the regular season. Were you calling him a bust who tapdanced when he had those games?

YOU'RE A TROLL. YOUR OPINION IS WORTH SH!T ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Please, realize these things.

Everyone's guess is better than yours, troll.

Just admit to not being a patriots fan. You do not want to see Patriots' players succeed, admit to that first. BTW you are still an idiot.

Yea he's done nothing... Learn the game and shutup until you do. Your life is miserable if you troll around a Pats forum all day when you can't stand the Pats.

Don't dare say "I like the Pats i"m just not a homer" either because you have never said 1 good thing about the Pats. TROLL

Meltdown....not going to waste my time with this rubbish!

Last edited:

Ok, dumba$s, explain the Divisional playoffs and AFCCG. Maroney had over 100 yards rushing in each of the games. Did you think he sucked then? He also went over 100 in 2 of the last 3 games of the regular season. Were you calling him a bust who tapdanced when he had those games?

YOU'RE A TROLL. YOUR OPINION IS WORTH SH!T ON THIS FORUM BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Please, realize these things.

Wow! Maroney did well at the end of the season, when every team in the NFL was feeling the pain from the greatest passing O of all time? How did Maroney do to start the season? He was the real SloMo. Hurt, dancing and getting tackled one second after he touched the ball.

Face it man....Maroney is an average NFL back at best. He is hurt ALL the time, and he is very inconsistant. I would say he is slightly above JAG status at this point. Not worth his draft position!

Btw, my original argument was that Maroney has injury issues. Are you saying he does not:rolleyes::confused:

Wow! Maroney did well at the end of the season, when every team in the NFL was feeling the pain from the greatest passing O of all time? How did Maroney do to start the season? He was the real SloMo. Hurt, dancing and getting tackled one second after he touched the ball.

Face it man....Maroney is an average NFL back at best. He is hurt ALL the time, and he is very inconsistant. I would say he is slightly above JAG status at this point. Not worth his draft position!

Btw, my original argument was that Maroney has injury issues. Are you saying he does not:rolleyes::confused:

If you see him as slightly above JAG status now, would he be well above JAG status if he was a 4th rounder? Would he be absolutely sensational if he were an UDFA? Since you said, "Not worth his draft position!", at what position would he be worth it?

If you see him as slightly above JAG status now, would he be well above JAG status if he was a 4th rounder? Would he be absolutely sensational if he were an UDFA? Since you said, "Not worth his draft position!", at what position would he be worth it?

It's very simple. Maroney is an injury prone, tap dancing running back, who has poor field vision, and appears scared of contact.

We are on year three, and he just does not get it! He was drafted in the first round, and came with a TON of hype. He has not lived up to the hype at all, and only the most delusional homers think he is a good back.

Maroney is AVERAGE at best. Couple that with the fact that he was part of the best offensive team in history last year ( which has nothing to do with him because he was hurt all the time at the start of the season) and viola, overrated!

Last edited:

It's very simple. Maroney is an injury prone, tap dancing running back, who has poor field vision, and appears scared of contact.

We are on year three, and he just does not get it! He was drafted in the first round, and came with a TON of hype. He has not lived up to the hype at all, and only the most delusional homers think he is a good back.

Maroney is AVERAGE at best. Couple that with the fact that he was part of the best offensive team in history last year ( which has nothing to do with him because he was hurt all the time at the start of the season) and viola, overrated!

I already read that in your other posts. What about my questions?

I already read that in your other posts. What about my questions?

He would be above jag status if he hit the holes hard, was not hurt all the time, stopped dancing, went over 1000 yards rushing, scored more td's, and didn't get tackled 1 second after he touched the ball. Maroney has never broken a long run off for a score ( that I can remember); Thats not the traits of a "explosive" first round back. Maroney is not a threat out of the backfield, and is not a good blocker.

Well I see you're avoiding my question about how you would rank him if he was drafted in a lower round. I ask because you seem adamant about including his draft position in your assessment. So...nevermind.

Last edited:
Well I see you're avoiding my question about how you would rank him if he was drafted in a lower round. I ask because you seem adamant about including his draft position in your assessment. So...nevermind.

Not at all. I don't have to rank where he would be valuable ( and have you come back with a stat (or player) that shows me the value of a draft spot). Maroney is not a first round back, plain and simple. He is a hyped, jag who cannot grasp how to run in our O. Maroney is nothing special.

Last edited:
Not at all. I don't have to rank where he would be valuable ( and have you come back with a stat (or player) that shows me the value of a draft spot). Maroney is not a first round back, plain and simple. He is a hyped, jag who cannot grasp how to run in our O. Maroney is nothing special.

No you don't have to rank him, but it was just a simple question pertinent to what you posted.

I don't get caught up in where a player was drafted. If they contribute on game day and their performance is conmensurate with their paycheck, then I really don't have a problem. I also can't single out Maroney and claim that he cost the Pats a win. He's making 1.6 mil this year which seems about right.

No you don't have to rank him, but it was just a simple question pertinent to what you posted.

I don't get caught up in where a player was drafted. If they contribute on game day and their performance is conmensurate with their paycheck, then I really don't have a problem. I also can't single out Maroney and claim that he cost the Pats a win. He's making 1.6 mil this year which seems about right.

You're wasting your time dealing with someone who's memory is, shall we say, selective, and his arguments hit both sides of the same issue....

Stop trolling around acting like a bafoon. BB and Pioli brought this team 3 sb's, and they know how to draft (and how to rate their players). BB and Pioli took this team out of the gutter through FA and the Draft. They have made some mistakes along the way, but it is a proven fact that they know what they are doing in the draft. They have struck gold far more times than not.

I was a big time Maroney hater at the start of the season, but by years end Maroney was tearing it up, and I saw why he was drafted.

Harping on a single mistake, and trying to define ones ability (or career) over it is plain old stupid, even for you. Shut up until training camp at least, will ya?

I was doing it for a while, too, until I looked back on his posting history. Now he's on ignore, but everyone's quoting him, so I still see his drivel.

Last edited:
You're wasting your time dealing with someone who's memory is, shall we say, selective, and his arguments hit both sides of the same issue....

I was doing it for a while, too, until I looked back on his posting history. Now he's on ignore, but everyone's quoting him, so I still see his drivel.

You keep saying that Deus.....yet you keep reading my posts. Admit it, you love to hate me. It's ok, we are friends ( even though we dont agree on anything).

My posts harp on three main points

SloMo
Jackson
Sey

I love Belichick and Pioli.

Last edited:
You keep saying that Deus.....yet you keep reading my posts. Admit it, you love to hate me. It's ok, we are friends ( even though we dont agree on anything).

My posts harp on three main points

SloMo
Jackson
Sey

I love Belichick and Pioli.

I see what you are saying and I agree 100% on the 3 players you mention.

I am a Patriots fan just like you. Perhaps it would help your cause if you mentioned how well, Hobbs, Merriweather, Thomas or Mayo look this year.

I see what you are saying and I agree 100% on the 3 players you mention.

I am a Patriots fan just like you. Perhaps it would help your cause if you mentioned how well, Hobbs, Merriweather, Thomas or Mayo look this year.

I have, search my posts. I brought up these two tonight actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back