PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LoMo mystery solved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LoMo mystery solved !!

BB knew that all his RBs had histories of injuries. He signed Jordan as insurance but yes while knowing that Jordan was available because he too had a history of being "made of glass". BB is a math guy and figured that another capable RB was simple injury risk mitigation. No insult to Maroney or to Morris who many here had being CUT because of the Jordan signing. Totally misreading BB's RB intent. Neither he nor I have given up on Maroney.

Then they had better start using him on screens, because he is afraid to run full speed at a hole in the line.

I guess you're right.

I have also recently learned that all posters are either Homers, Trolls, or Chicken Littles.

I'm a Homer. ;)

Funny thing is one just can't come here and have a conversation about the Patriots. Unless they are willing to believe that everything is perfect.

Then they had better start using him on screens, because he is afraid to run full speed at a hole in the line.

I love how fans who've never been hit by an NFL player call someone like LoMo "afraid". That's BS. At worst, Maroney may have a runing style issue affecting his decisions and behaviour as he approaches the LOS. My feeling is that he's looking to break the long gain vs taking the play as given, but I'm hardly a RB analyst.

Last edited:
Funny thing is one just can't come here and have a conversation about the Patriots. Unless they are willing to believe that everything is perfect.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it's all in the phrasing. If someone creates a thread that is critical but includes some analysis or statistics, it's not so quickly dismissed as those "he sucks" or "replace X with X now!" kind of threads.

I'm not so sure about that. I think it's all in the phrasing. If someone creates a thread that is critical but includes some analysis or statistics, it's not so quickly dismissed as those "he sucks" or "replace X with X now!" kind of threads.

No the phrasing does not matter.

There are 5 or 6 folks here who think that they are Belichick's right hand man.

They know football.

The rest of us are idiots.

Funny thing is, the two guys on this board who know the most about the game don't fall into that catagory.

Actually, Seymour looked great last week. Or did you not see J.T. O'Sullivan running for his life every other play? The Pats were rushing three or four people and consistently breaking down the pocket.

Blah blah stats. Yeah, I know. Unfortunatley, stat sheets don't show everything. If you're going to look at stat sheets, Plaxico Burress had a very bad Super Bowl, Rodney Harrison was a hero for all the tackles he made, and the Giants D Line played like crap: Strahan 2 tackles and 1 sack, Umenyiora 3 tackles and 0 sacks. Who won that game again? I guess in your fantasy world the Pats, because the stats looked great!

So, please, shut the hell up about things you don't know.

I don't know? Did I know that Maroney was injury prone and a dancer? How about Chad Jackson turning out to be a bust? All things I was told I knew nothing about.

As for Sey, you think his performance last week is worth what he is making this year? Seymour is on the back nine of his career, and he is not worth what he is being payed. You can dance around the issue all you like. Seymour did OK against a team that has allowed a TON of sacks this year. Sey is not what he used to be, and he will never be what he was again. You would think the top paid defensive player in the NFL could have a dominant game or two vs BAD teams.

Last edited:

If he did that, he'd be mute for life. That's why his posts now all read the same to me:

Thats why you just replied to a thread about me? You can't stop thinking about me.

For what it's worth 90% of the people in the threads you post in think your a homer who tows the company line.

Lets look at our history:

I said Maroney was injury prone - You said I was wrong

I said Jackson was a bust - You called me an idiot

I said Sey was overrated - You said I was wrong

Looks like your the idiot : )

I remember seasons with, for example:

Dillon
Faulk
Evans
Cloud
Pass
w/ Zereoue brought in

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we really looking at essentially the same amount of rbs on the roster?

Cloud, Pass and Zereoue barely touched the ball compared to the share of the load Jordan and Morris have seen. Evans and Faulk are about the same.

Cloud, Pass and Zereoue barely touched the ball compared to the share of the load Jordan and Morris have seen. Evans and Faulk are about the same.

Exactly !

The Pats have in the past used a primary back, with Faulk and a hardly used back up. Smith and Dillon, Dillon's first year a flash of excellence ! Other then riding Dillon's first year I think the Pats were always trying to move away for a single primary back system, Kevin Faulk has been around for awhile, one of the best multiuse, now clutch backs in the league !

Getting Morris last year was a prize, inexpensive and performs well, Jordon reminds me of Dillon's second year, not bad at all, but with the question of injury.

Laurence is great in space, fast, strong stiff arm and until recently a driving finish. His weakness seems to be getting something from nothing or very little at the line. If he's hit behind the line, high % there's a loss on the play. The line play needs to open stable holes with a lead blocker, if that happens, at least 10 yards. He can play strong, especially in the 1st game he played last year, I think the Jets, something like 2 series of running plays, long series WOW !

With the # of backs we have and with the level of contribution from them, they can afford to give it time, just think what it would be like to play a team were the Pats offensive line can manage their defensive line. Granted the other backs would do well with that advange, but imagine what a healthy LoMo could do with 30+ yards and one or two defenders in front of him and maybe a receiver or two to help a little.

He's been playing for 3 years and has been dealing with injuries, I say he's worth it for now.

This team had Evans, Faulk, Morris and Maroney and still signed Jordan.

Deepest Belichick RB unit ever. Belichick knew Maroney would let him down.

Great negativity there. Of course, BB could have signed Jordan for the following reasons as well:

1) Sammy Morris was coming back from a severe chest injury that put him out for pretty much the entire year last year and no one knew how Morris would play.

2) Morris and Faulk are both on the wrong side of 30 and Faulk has a history or not being healthy.

3) Its not that long ago that the Pats went into the season with only 3 RBs and it bit them in the rear end, forcing them to use the likes of Amos Zereoue, Mike "2 Yards" Cloud, and Heath Evans as their primary backs.

Neither Morris nor Jordan have lit things up so far. Much of its due to the inconsistent play of the O-line.

You're like the Dale Arnold of this board. The guy just layed his argument out for you on a platter, and proved you wrong.

You are such a homer you cannot handle the facts. Maroney is made out glass, and he will never be anything special. He is a average back at best, and was not worth his high draft pick. I was attacked for saying it long ago, and look who's right again.

You (and others) attacked me for calling Jackson a bust, Maroney injury prone and Seymour over the hill. You where wrong on all counts! How did Seymour look last week? Ha-ha, exactly.

Listen - Just because you were right on Jackson, doesn't make you right on Maroney and it sure as hell doesn't make you right on Seymour.

Pats726 did NOT lay his argument out on a silver platter. Hell, his argument is off anyways because the Pats brought in Jordan more for the issues of Faulk and Morris than they did Maroney and its people like yourself who are blind to facts like that.

So, please STFU with your idiocy about being right. You're not.

Get used to it. He sucks.

Really? That's funny because if you had actually watched the games you'd see that the O-line is still wildly inconsistent and that they still haven't gotten the zone blocking schemes down yet.

Personally, I don't think that the zone blocking scheme is a good one for the people on this O-line. It doesn't play to their strengths, in my opinion.

Why is it that people like yourself look at things in a vacuum and can't be bothered to look at the biggert picture?

I know you know that doesn't make sense, so I'm surprised you brought it up.

The absolutely only reason cloud and zeroue were on the team is because of injuries, You could have replaced those names with any on the waiver list that year.

Mike Cloud actually started the year with the team, but had to serve a 4 game suspension.

Fact is that Morris was coming off a severe injury and didn't look particularly great in pre-season and Faulk has been much more injury prone than Maroney through his career. Both Morris and Faulk are on the wrong side of 30. From what I have seen from Belichick, he'd rather have Jordan here getting reps and time and learning the system since they could easily fit in under the salary cap than to bring in a waiver wire person later on in the year. It just makes more sense to have Jordan here than Eckel.

People like yourself can't come here and have a conversation about the Patriots because you can't be bothered to bring the facts with you. And when they are pointed out to you, you want to deny them.

People like yourself seem to forget that you aren't the only ones entitled to voice your opinions. Other people are entitled to theirs as well. And both are entitled to the reactions that you get from voicing your opinions in a public forum.

The bigger issue here is that people like yourself and Patslifer (NSA), seem to have this attitude that everyone who disagrees with you MUST be a Patriots HOMER and that they are the ones who can't see straight or are blind to the fallacies of the team. The problem is that the people who disagree with you aren't HOMERS. They are ones who have put a lot of thought into their opinions, typically don't make knee-jerk reactions, and who are willing to admit when they might be wrong. They are the ones who bring facts to the party. Such as the fact that the O-line has been terribly inconsistent this year. That Morris and Jordan have been just as mediocre as Maroney. That this team still hasn't found its identity with Brady out.

I don't know? Did I know that Maroney was injury prone and a dancer? How about Chad Jackson turning out to be a bust? All things I was told I knew nothing about.

How could you have known that Maroney was injury prone? How many college games did he miss? Yeah. That's what I though. STFU.

As for Jackson, even a blind squirrel can find a nut around an oak tree.

As for Sey, you think his performance last week is worth what he is making this year? Seymour is on the back nine of his career, and he is not worth what he is being payed. You can dance around the issue all you like. Seymour did OK against a team that has allowed a TON of sacks this year. Sey is not what he used to be, and he will never be what he was again. You would think the top paid defensive player in the NFL could have a dominant game or two vs BAD teams.

You clearly don't understand the 3-4 defense and responsibilities of the D-line. Their job isn't to get sacks. Their job is to control the O-line so that the LBers can shoot the gaps to make plays.

Seymour has spent the last 2 years playing through injuries. That has had an affect on his performance. But you clearly don't want to comprehend that.

Seymour isn't the top paid defensive player in the NFL and I am pretty sure he's never been that because of the salaries that the CBs have been getting. So, instead of hating on him because of his salary, how about you get with the facts? OH WAIT. You can't do that. Because you are incapable of doing so.

You're like the Dale Arnold of this board. The guy just layed his argument out for you on a platter, and proved you wrong.

You are such a homer you cannot handle the facts. Maroney is made out glass, and he will never be anything special. He is a average back at best, and was not worth his high draft pick. I was attacked for saying it long ago, and look who's right again.

You (and others) attacked me for calling Jackson a bust, Maroney injury prone and Seymour over the hill. You where wrong on all counts! How did Seymour look last week? Ha-ha, exactly.

Go back to Jetland. JetLifer.

SeyMonsta and guys like him, Danimal Hampton, the Manster White , Bob Lilly et cetera don't have to record a single sack or tackle to have a dominating presence and key the Defensive line. They disrupt the blocking constantly beating two and three man attention.

The 85 Bears gave all the presss attention to Ricard Dent but it was Danimal who was the true MVP of that line.

Bozos like you would never know that of course...:rolleyes:

Now let me see Doofus. How many 3-and-out did the Pats Defense do against the 49ers, was it 11 or 12 in a row? Did the 49ers get 20 minutes of POS? Yup, the SeyMonsta was there.

But a POS like you wouldn't know anything about that would you? The Jets idea of a good DL is um, ah, Abraham?!? :eek:

Homersville. proud of It too. Who actually knows something about football...

Pats726 did NOT lay his argument out on a silver platter. Hell, his argument is off anyways because the Pats brought in Jordan more for the issues of Faulk and Morris than they did Maroney and its people like yourself who are blind to facts like that.
Not sure where my argument was off...or maybe I missed a post?? I only pointed out the reality of the 05 season as to timing and injuries of that season. I was always for having MORE RBs this year..thought they did that to concentrate MORE on the running game..open up the passes better..grind it out more later in the game.. I see nothing at all wrong about that. Dillon was a true ALL PURPOSE back..I have never seen Maroney as that..or Morris..it's MORE a combination of a few different backs in teh arsenal..and that is not a swipe at Maroney or Morris..or Daulk..Jordan just helps overerall in a loing season.

The problem is that the people who disagree with you aren't HOMERS. They are ones who have put a lot of thought into their opinions, typically don't make knee-jerk reactions, and who are willing to admit when they might be wrong. They are the ones who bring facts to the party. Such as the fact that the O-line has been terribly inconsistent this year. That Morris and Jordan have been just as mediocre as Maroney. That this team still hasn't found its identity with Brady out.

Wrong. Man you were making so much sense until you said this. Some of the most knowledgeable posters here are the ones will NEVER admit that there is any possibility that they were wrong, or that someone else's "facts" might support an argument contrary to theirs. It borders on pathological sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back