PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know some people were down on Lombardi last week because of his off the wall Bruschi prediction but he had this move right on. He obviously still has good sources in the league. This was posted yesterday and Bouman was signed today:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/09/ravens-work-outs/

By Michael Lombardi
Posted September 1, 2008

Ravens Work Outs
My sources tell me that the Ravens worked out three QBs today:

Joey Harrington

Todd Bouman

Chris Simms

The Ravens had three wide receivers there too.

Per our source at the work out, Todd Bouman looked the best, and Chris Simms was not very impressive.

More to come….

Eventhough PFT erroneously posted that the Ravens had signed Harrington yesterday, Lombardi's source had it right that Bouman indeed had the better workout and was the guy signed over Harrington and Simms. That should also say something for all those on this board who are looking for the Pats to dump Cassel for Harrington or Simms. A 36 yr old journeyman beat them out for a team that desperately needs a QB.

Last edited:
That should also say something for all those on this board who are looking for the Pats to dump Cassel for Harrington or Simms. A 36 yr old journeyman beat them out for a team that desperately needs a QB.

I wonder how that 36 year old journeyman would have done in 17 pre-seasons possessions with the Pats offense...

I wonder how that 36 year old journeyman would have done in 17 pre-seasons possessions with the Pats offense...

We'll never know the answer. But we do know that he is better than Harrington and Simms-at least as far as the Ravens are concerned.

I know some people were down on Lombardi last week because of his off the wall Bruschi prediction but he had this move right on. He obviously still has good sources in the league. This was posted yesterday and Bouman was signed today:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/09/ravens-work-outs/

Eventhough PFT erroneously posted that the Ravens had signed Harrington yesterday, Lombardi's source had it right that Bouman indeed had the better workout and was the guy signed over Harrington and Simms. That should also say something for all those on this board who are looking for the Pats to dump Cassel for Harrington or Simms. A 36 yr old journeyman beat them out for a team that desperately needs a QB.
cassel sucks and id take simms or harrington over him the numbers dont lie 17 possesions 2 field goals, if someone had training camp interceptions talled that number would be alot for cassell to everytime i read a camp summary he was throwing a pick

Something tells BB keeps the people who could be good sources for guys like Lombardi under raps and that may be why he has bad speculations for us and good ones for the ravens.

cassel sucks and id take simms or harrington over him the numbers dont lie 17 possesions 2 field goals, if someone had training camp interceptions talled that number would be alot for cassell to everytime i read a camp summary he was throwing a pick

I guess that Belichick guy has no idea what he's doing.

I wouldn't use the Raven's as the source for which of those QBs is better. The Raven's have had less than a stellar history evaluating and developing QBs. To date, the best QB they have drafted is playing for the Browns, Derek Anderson, that the Ravens cut in training camp. He is starting ahead of a # 1 draft pick.

Maybe he does;)

Since no one has claimed or signed Matt Gutierrez, looks like he picked the correct Matt at least. Btw, not one Patriot player that was waived over the weekend has been claimed/signed by another team yet.

not when it comes to backup qb"s dont be afraid to call a spade a spade, i think bb craps and makes mistakes like the rest of us, case in point mr. chad jackson, mr. bethel johnson, mr. rohan davey, mr. monty biesel, mr. duane starks, mr. chad brown

Last edited:

Luckily for us you have no say in these things from behind your keyboard where you base decisions on media reports.

not when it comes to backup qb"s dont be afraid to call a spade a spade, i think bb craps and makes mistakes like the rest of us, case in point mr. chad jackson, mr. bethel johnson

Yeah you're right keeping that Brady guy as a 4th QB his first year when everyone thought it was a waste of a roster spot was a mistake and then elevating him to #2 the following year was as well.

No one in the league is 100% on draft picks, if you hit on them more often then not you are ok. It's not an exact science as you might have heard in the past.

Last edited:
not when it comes to backup qb"s dont be afraid to call a spade a spade, i think bb craps and makes mistakes like the rest of us, case in point mr. chad jackson, mr. bethel johnson, mr. rohan davey, mr. monty biesel, mr. duane starks, mr. chad brown

I can almost guarantee he's made less football related mistakes in his last 30 years in the NFL than you have since joining this messsage board in 2006...

Luckily for us you have no say in these things from behind your keyboard where you base decisions on media reports.
as fans how else do you make asumptions, do you have inside info, idont need media reports my eyes tell me what it is with cassel, you are probably one of the numbskulls that were saying cassel would fetch us a number 1 last year

I can almost guarantee he's made less football related mistakes in his last 30 years in the NFL than you have since joining this messsage board in 2006...
oh stop it your hurting my feelings, cassel sucks , please tell me what has he ever done in college or the pros to dispute that, im waiting

as fans how else do you make asumptions, do you have inside info, idont need media reports my eyes tell me what it is with cassel, you are probably one of the numbskulls that were saying cassel would fetch us a number 1 last year

Maybe your eyes are not as trained as BB's then. Seriously though we don't know the inside story here so we should let it play out, relax everything will be ok.

Well unless Cassel is BB's close buddy,Then yes BB does not see what everyone else sees - Cassel blows donkey crap

Its one of those rare things where a no talent bum stays because he is liked probably by all the FO - There is no other explanation - Matt Cassel brings NOTHING to the game of NFL Football and prove me wrong other than the ******ed quotes like 'duh,I guess BB never makes errors, duh because he won 3 super bowls and he is perfect duh, -

Don't waste your time with that type of answer because arguments in the case of why Matt Cassel should still be on the roster and not a UPS driver right now does not fly too far in this forum because no one has seen ANYTHING on the field from Matt to say he is not garbage as a player

Mark Wilson was better as QB on this team

Last edited:
im a big belichick supporter wouldnt want anyone else, but in the last year,the mistakes are as follow1)spygate, chad jackson,jason webster, fernando bryant, victor hobson,no adjustments in the super bowl, not kicking the field goal in the super bowl, and the biggest one making matt cassel your backup, god forbid if brady goes down, i guess youll understand my point when that happens

I think the problem with Cassel now is that the most likely games he's going to have to fill in for are the early ones. If the Pats had legitimate concerns about Brady's health in preseason (which is debateable, but for the sake of argument we'll say they did), then whoever the back up was would have to play week 1 or 2.

Now, if you don't want to throw O'Connell's head first into the fire, and you don't want to cut him, you really have no choice but to stick with Cassel for now. Bringing in a vet to learn the system in time to backup Brady a few weeks in is one thing. Expecting another team's castoff to come in and learn the system right away is another. I'd rather take my chances with Cassel if it means having to rush someone else up to speed.

Ideal? Absolutely not. But better to know what you have (rough as it might be) and gameplan around it than take a complete gamble on a guy who'll have a week to absorb the system, gel with receivers, AND learn the notes on KC.

If this move was going to be made, it needed to be made in the second week of preseason. I think they were holding out hope that Cassel would improve as the games went on. Didn't really pan out that way.

I would not let that bother you what people say in here Patsgo,I agree 100% with your sentiments

There are always going to be guys who suck BBs balls in here and agrees with all the moves no matter what he does and if you don't agree that Duane Starks was the best move in 2005 (because BB is never wrong by some homers in here) then you are an idiot :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would not let that bother you what people say in here Patsgo,I agree 100% with your sentiments

There are always going to be guys who suck BBs balls in here and agrees with all the moves no matter what he does and if you don't agree that Duane Starks was the best move in 2005 (because BB is never wrong by some homers in here) then you are an idiot :rolleyes:

The facts are he has won 3 SB's, taken this team to the top of the league and made it a consistent winner. Before BB we were not that good, he has a program and not all the moves he or Pioli make are right but more often then not they are and we win because of it. Now if you would rather focus on the negative, go ahead that's your choice but in terms of coaching and personnel decisions BB is at the top of the league consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down