PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi thinks Bruschi will be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys are something else. A few weeks ago when Lombardi was praising Mayo, he was the greatest thing out there. Now when he suggests that might have to make a tough move, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :rolleyes: Carry on.

Some of you guys are something else. A few weeks ago when Lombardi was praising Mayo, he was the greatest thing out there. Now when he suggests that might have to make a tough move, he doesn't know what he's talking about. :rolleyes: Carry on.

It's hard to imagine that no one else paused when adding his name to their final 53 predictions... I did. But I just couldn't see a logical heir or defensive field general. He looked like Tedy to me. He's an above average Vet LB with elite LB play reading skills. I'd be curious if he got cut who replaces him (fills the massive void) but I don't think it's unthinkable. And likely it wouldn't be announced as a cut, but a retirement.

It's hard to imagine that no one else paused when adding his name to their final 53 predictions... I did. But I just couldn't see a logical heir or defensive field general. He looked like Tedy to me. He's an above average Vet LB with elite LB play reading skills. I'd be curious if he got cut who replaces him (fills the massive void) but I don't think it's unthinkable. And likely it wouldn't be announced as a cut, but a retirement.

Hey I don't think Bruschi will get cut, I definitely don't want to see him cut. What I'm saying people shouldn't jump all over Lombardi for his opinions when just a few weeks ago we were saying that he knows his stuff better than most on the Internet, only because he praised our rookie ILB.

Hey I don't think Bruschi will get cut, I definitely don't want to see him cut. What I'm saying people shouldn't jump all over Lombardi for his opinions when just a few weeks ago we were saying that he knows his stuff better than most on the Internet, only because he praised our rookie ILB.

Yeah, I hear ya. I have quite enjoyed his measured opinion lately compared to the talking heads we usually hear from. Being a sports analyst is tough. Being an expert tougher.

I just have to pry off my homer/sentiMENTAL glasses this time to see if he might have a point. So far, I don't think he's right, but I'm glad he's willing to say what he thinks on the matter in an objective manner.

Yeah, I hear ya. I have quite enjoyed his measured opinion lately compared to the talking heads we usually hear from. Being a sports analyst is tough. Being an expert tougher.

I just have to pry off my homer/sentiMENTAL glasses this time to see if he might have a point. So far, I don't think he's right, but I'm glad he's willing to say what he thinks on the matter in an objective manner.

Let's just hope for no surprises tomorrow. What I worry about most is one of the veterans getting placed on PUP or IR tomorrow.

Bruschi led the team last year, both in total tackles 92, and solo 64.
He aint goin anywhere till we win the whole enchilada, again.

Last edited:
Exactly...idiotic article and equally idiotic thread

Maybe put Bruschi in more as a backup and let some of the younger guys play and see what they got,Bruschi would still be a better backup than most of the rest here,even with his obvious signs of slowing down.

I agree completely. And, why not cut Izzo and let Tedy take his place. Bruschi is already a captain, probably even has more special team experience than Izzo, and likely would do a better job of it.

I agree completely. And, why not cut Izzo and let Tedy take his place. Bruschi is already a captain, probably even has more special team experience than Izzo, and likely would do a better job of it.

IMHO, Tedy doesn't have the speed for special teams......

I suppose anything is possible and Bruschi could be cut. I seriously doubt it though - more like a reduced role.

If there was even a hint that Bruschi were going to be cut/retired, we'd have seen Seau back here already. And that hasn't happened.

I suppose anything is possible and Bruschi could be cut. I seriously doubt it though - more like a reduced role.

If there was even a hint that Bruschi were going to be cut/retired, we'd have seen Seau back here already. And that hasn't happened.
if bruscki was going to be cut it would of happened before, as bb says out of respect so maybe he could catch on the same thing he did for pollard, webtwe, he wont get cut end thie useless thread now this reminds me of last year with all the moss crap

maybe we'll see more 4-3 even though much of that is semantics putting ad or vrabel at d-end.

I just think the running lanes were easily identifiable in the preseason and they'll be much more disguised in the real season.

the whole key is first and second down and the run defense so it sets up 3rd and long.

I don't like the zone defense but I'm sure that was vanilla as many say.

Exactly...idiotic article and equally idiotic thread

There, I knew we could get an "idiotic" out of this thread! Why bother explaining yourself when you can just call a writer names! How Lombardi got through decades of NFL personnel work being so stupid is definitely not a question to ask Joker.

Last edited:
There, I knew we could get an "idiotic" out of this thread! Why bother explaining yourself when you can just call a writer names! How Lombardi got through decades of NFL personnel work being so stupid is definitely not a question to ask Joker.
So you are saying that Bruschi did get cut?

Your man was wrong. Admit it.

Lomdarid may or may not be an idiot, but there is no doubt it was an idiotic thing to say, and most of us compared it to Felger and FLorio saying Moss would be a surprise cut.

I have respect for Lombardi, but he's been dead wrong on a couple of things now, including claiming that Peyton Manning was going to miss part of the regular season and that his injury was a serious concern.

What did you say Lombardi? I see that Bruschi is still here. :rolleyes:

I have respect for Lombardi, but he's been dead wrong on a couple of things now, including claiming that Peyton Manning was going to miss part of the regular season and that his injury was a serious concern.
Maybe he's going all Florio on us to generate hits for his newly founded website. I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying it isn't like there wouldn't be precedent.

Maybe he's going all Florio on us to generate hits for his newly founded website. I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying it isn't like there wouldn't be precedent.

wouldn't surprise me, his name is definitely popping up more than before. It's too bad that fans encourage that stuff by going back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes