PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi predicts Seahawks will trade Deion Branch to the Jets for Thomas Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
And my point's been true since before that.

So, for the player (Taylor), money CLEARLY did not equal value, despite your contentions to the contrary. Hell, you're pointing that out yourself when you note that he chose to take a paycut. As for what value the Dolphins were assigning, you're just speculating. Brady and Bruschi both took contracts that were less than they could have gotten: that didn't mean that the team valued them less and it clearly didn't mean that money was the equal of value to the players.

Everyone's situation is different. Obviously Taylor accepted less money to come back to the Dolphins because there were other factors that was in the equation. Brady and Bruschi accepted less money and did not maximize what they could have gotten for the good of the team.

Your forgetting the whole point of this discussion and bringing out names that are not comparable to Deion's situation when he left. Deion felt that his value to the team was not equivalent to his then current contract. He held out until he got traded.

Everyone's situation is different. Obviously Taylor accepted less money to come back to the Dolphins because there were other factors that was in the equation. Brady and Bruschi accepted less money and did not maximize what they could have gotten for the good of the team.

Your forgetting the whole point of this discussion and bringing out names that are not comparable to Deion's situation when he left. Deion felt that his value to the team was not equivalent to his then current contract. He held out until he got traded.

I'm not forgetting anything. Your assertion was wrong. Patjew and I have both tried getting this across to you.

I'm not forgetting anything. Your assertion was wrong. Patjew and I have both tried getting this across to you.

I get what Patjew and you were saying regarding players who hold out and teams fining them.

My other point that you disagree with is that I believe the team cutting players for salary reasons and the player holding out for salary reasons is opposite sides of the same coin. It's the same objective.

I get what Patjew and you were saying regarding players who hold out and teams fining them.

My other point that you disagree with is that I believe the team cutting players for salary reasons and the player holding out for salary reasons is opposite sides of the same coin. It's the same objective.
I guess you guys are talking to a wall here...doesn't get it.....

Not that it's gonna happen but I'd LOVE to see the perfidious Twig playing for the hated NY Jests. Anything that stokes the rivalry makes for better fan entertainment.

I guess you guys are talking to a wall here...doesn't get it.....

so you also don't get a team cutting players for salary reasons and the player holding out for salary reasons is opposite sides of the same coin? I'm in bizarro world....

I'd barf if he played for the Jets. Him for TJones would be a steal for the Jets.

oh, and if he's really available, offer BJGE and a #3 next year for him and hope next year is uncapped.

oh, and if he's really available, offer BJGE and a #3 next year for him and hope next year is uncapped.

==================================================

Pats got Moss for a 4th, I would not pay more then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back