PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi on SB46: "Ten things to consider before Super Bowl XLVI kicks off"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that prediction is wrong, as I'm tired of digesting butterflies.

Last edited:
I think that New England gets ahead early, and never lets up. ;)

Good points by the man. Now lets **** them up!

My 10 points favoring the Patriots that I have gathered from various places.

1) 15-3 vs. 12-7 team records

2) The Patriots offense scored more points per game for the season

3) The Patriots defense allowed fewer points per game for the season

Both of these (2,3) contributed to a huge edge in point differential, the Patriots were if I recall correctly +190, the Giants -6.

4) Even for the last 5 games, when the Giants "found themselves" the Patriots have the edge in point differential

5) Brady for his career in domed stadiums sees about a 10 point rise in passer rating over his career average, even though they are all road games or neutral site games

6) The Patriots force more turnovers and commit fewer turnovers than the Giants. The Patriots record under Belichick when they win the turnover battle is from memory something like 102-4 (96%)

7) Over his career, in games with 2 weeks of preparation time, Brady passes for 59 additional yards, 3 additional first downs passing, and has 0.5 additional passing touchdowns, per Reiss

8) Over his career, in facing a team for the second time in a season, Brady passes for 73 additional yards, with a completion percentage 6% higher, relative to the first game, per Reiss

9) When the Patriots have lost to a team and then had a rematch, under BB their record in 12-5 in the rematch, per Reiss

10) Back-to-back "bad games" are rare for Brady, in an anaylsis at ESPN Boston. A “bad game” for Brady by their definition means a negative TD-Int differential, an even TD-Int differential with multiple interceptions, or a sub-55.0 completion percentage. Immediately following a "bad game" Brady's next game nearly precisely matches his overall career averages, so there is no hangover effect or tendency to have a slump in performance.

please PLEASE don't have the game decided in the final drive..i can't take it..can't...

I don't think my heart can take it going down to the final drive.

god if it goes into OT...i will cry...seriously

Nothing less than a 7+ point lead and 1st down @ the 2mw will suffice.

Last edited:
Nothing less than a 7+ point lead and 1st down @ the 2mw will suffice.
I'm personally hoping for a 28 point Patriots lead with 2 minutes to play. Better to err on the safe side.

Last edited:
I'd love a blow out, but if you asked me right now if I'd take the game being decided on the final drive, I'd say, YES.
Why?

Because I have more faith in Brady completing that drive than Eli, and yes I know Eli has done it multiple times this year.

I'm personally hoping for a 28 point Patriots lead with 2 minutes to play. Better to err on the safe side.

Oh, no question! I'd frankly like even more :D I was just speaking to our health requirements :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye