PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi: Jets likely to let Cromartie walk; interested in Asomugha

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jets are letting Cromartie go to sign Holmes and Edwards, how in the world are they going to sign Asomugha? It is a pipe dream speculation.
That would be roughly 30 million committed to 2 corners. No doubt that would be an amazing sight to behold but given their free agents good luck to them.

Hopefully some idiot like Dan Snyder offers him 20 million bucks. Pats played well vs aso in 08 if I remember correctly. I still would prefer to face dwight lowery or kyle wilson though lol.

There's a significant space between "not looking for $$" and "playing for peanuts."

This.

Secondly, playing him on a bad Raiders team is absolutely different than plaing him on stacked Jets team.

Breer, Lombardi, and King are all reporting Asomugha is not looking for $. but who knows.

he also listed pats, phins, jets, and packers as landing spots for him.

My guess is that they were saying he isn't looking for market setting money like he got last time, but I seriously doubt he is going to take #2 CB money or even average #1 money. He might not need to be paid the top CB money again, but he is probably looking for top 5 or top 8 or somewhere around there. Most likely more than Cromartie will get.

My guess is that they were saying he isn't looking for market setting money like he got last time, but I seriously doubt he is going to take #2 CB money or even average #1 money. He might not need to be paid the top CB money again, but he is probably looking for top 5 or top 8 or somewhere around there. Most likely more than Cromartie will get.
Dont kid yourself. He will want to be the highest paid corner in the NFL.
Guesses about him deciding that he really doesnt care about the money are foolish.

so my chargers got a 2nd round draft pick for a guy the jets aren't going to keep more than 1 season?

very funny...wtg tannenbaum

so my chargers got a 2nd round draft pick for a guy the jets aren't going to keep more than 1 season?

very funny...wtg tannenbaum
Yeah, and my Patriots got a 3rd round pick for a guy the Vikings didn't keep for more than 1 month. Keep running, you'll catch up eventually...

Fellow pats fans.....we should HOPE the jets would be so stupid as to invest that much into another corner....seriously though, like others have pointed out, unless he takes a MAJOR pay cut, I doubt he will land in New England or New York (jets)...

Yeah, and my Patriots got a 3rd round pick for a guy the Vikings didn't keep for more than 1 month. Keep running, you'll catch up eventually...

no one can touch the pats at gaining draft picks

Re: OT: Lombardi: Jets likely to let Cromartie walk...interest in Asomugha

Personally I don't see it but Rotoworld claims Lombardi thinks this

No they don't. The claim he said the first part.

Last edited:

And how much have they got to pay Sanchez aswell??

A website says $17 million!!!

3 players and $47 million! That's a way to run a team :rolleyes:

New York Jets Salary Cap- Mark Sanchez
so 30 mill for two corners plus 17 mill for the qb, so basically 50 mill for 3 players...damn

if they want nnamdi they better hope the next cba eliminates the salary cap

so 30 mill for two corners plus 17 mill for the qb, so basically 50 mill for 3 players...damn

if they want nnamdi they better hope the next cba eliminates the salary cap
But the jets ain't the redskins.

there isn't an infinite pool of money.

Wonder what Edwards and Holmes are looking for?

But the jets ain't the redskins.

there isn't an infinite pool of money.

Wonder what Edwards and Holmes are looking for?

They will both look for 5mill+.

What was Mangold contract again? And D'Busts? I am sure they were pretty high aswell.

There's a significant space between "not looking for $$" and "playing for peanuts."

That is very true. also who really knows what Breer, King, and Lombardi know honestly. These guys constantly get **** wrong. Plus say a ****ty team offers Asomugha 14mil a year, and a contending team like the Pats/Jets say "hey come here for 8mil a year, and lets win a ring" ..Aso may say heh 14mil a year sounds pretty nice right now.

This story is a joke.

In other news Patriots are interested in signing Peyton Manning to back up Brady.

This story is a joke.

In other news Patriots are interested in signing Peyton Manning to back up Brady.

Reckon we can get him for vet min?

Reckon we can get him for vet min?

Being franchised, we'd have to sign him to big money and give up a couple picks. I think it's worth it though. Plus then we can run two QB sets where they both stand in the shotgun offset on either side of the center, so the D doesn't know which QB is having the ball snapped to him ;)

Being franchised, we'd have to sign him to big money and give up a couple picks. I think it's worth it though. Plus then we can run two QB sets where they both stand in the shotgun offset on either side of the center, so the D doesn't know which QB is having the ball snapped to him ;)

Who needs O'Brien? BB should have hired you :rolleyes:

And maybe even put Edelman in the backfield aswell!

Who needs O'Brien? BB should have hired you :rolleyes:

And maybe even put Edelman in the backfield aswell!

And Hoyer out wide, but then motion him across the formation, snap the ball to him as he goes by, Brady goes to the flat for a screen and Manning's ahead to block. It's an INDEFENSIBLE play! :D

And Hoyer out wide, but then motion him across the formation, snap the ball to him as he goes by, Brady goes to the flat for a screen and Manning's ahead to block. It's an INDEFENSIBLE play! :D

Jabba would never be able to defend that! And with all the confusion, the 5th receiver will be running open 50 yards down field :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes