PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL Marino + Sharpe out @ CBS [Post Edit -2/24- Be Careful w/ Premie Celebration :( ]

Re: LOL Marino+ Sharpe out @ CBS [Post Edit -2/24- Be Careful w/ Premie Celebration :

Be careful with those premature celebrations, folks........

Glen Farley @GFarley_ent
CBS names Bart Scott a studio analyst on "The NFL Today." I'm sure #Patriots fans "can't wait."

Good lord. Why can't they hire people that have a brain between their ears? I'd rather they bring back Sharpe. :bricks:

Re: LOL Marino+ Sharpe out @ CBS [Post Edit -2/24- Be Careful w/ Premie Celebration :

The squeakiest wheels get the most grease more often than not. When crap like this happens,
I become embarrassed for the human race.

Be careful with those premature celebrations, folks........

Glen Farley @GFarley_ent
CBS names Bart Scott a studio analyst on "The NFL Today." I'm sure #Patriots fans "can't wait."

Meh whatever, there are always going to be analysts from teams we dont like and who have said things we dont like. While I doubt it who knows he could be good but more importantly he is not a Hall of Famer like Sharpe or Marino so he will actually need to be a good analyst or he will be gone much quicker as he doesnt carry the same kind of fan weight Sharpe or Marino did.

Why you guys watch these pregame shows is beyond me. I LOVE football, but besides watching the actual games whats the point? I don't know, it just does nothing for me and it's not worth getting upset because of some slapdick's opinion during a pregame show.

Why you guys watch these pregame shows is beyond me. I LOVE football, but besides watching the actual games whats the point? I don't know, it just does nothing for me and it's not worth getting upset because of some slapdick's opinion during a pregame show.

Have to agree.

Outside of the player analysis you get during the draft from People like Mayock the media badly serves the game well. A lot of it is chest pumping BS.
Outsids of a lot of the MMQB stuff that is.

Let's be honest. You love more than just watching the actual games only.

4,760 posts since November 2007 indicates that pretty clearly. ;)

My hope is that someday they realize they could make a show that appeals to all fans instead of the pep rally style garbage they currently produce.

Scott is just warming the seat until Manning or Brady retire and decide if they want to work on TV.

Scott is just warming the seat until Manning or Brady retire and decide if they want to work on TV.
I think Scott replaces Sharpe in the role of mouthy contrarian.

If Bart Scott is warming that seat, if I'm Brady or Manning, I'd put down some sanitary paper before sitting on it.

They basically just replaced a horse with an ass.

If Bart Scott is warming that seat, if I'm Brady or Manning, I'd put down some sanitary paper before sitting on it.
True, but I can't see Brady lowering himself to work in the media. I think he has political aspirations.

True, but I can't see Brady lowering himself to work in the media. I think he has political aspirations.

I don't think he would want a full time media job (NFL Network host, etc) or anything with extensive travel but I could see him taking the pregame show spot. It's a few days a week, taped in New York which he likes, keeps him connected to the game, and pays great. I can see him doing that for a while and then taking on politics when he's in his mid 40's

Let's be honest. You love more than just watching the actual games only.

4,760 posts since November 2007 indicates that pretty clearly. ;)

I do love me some Patriots talk, I'll give you that. :)

But after the last SB loss to the Giants when Jim Rome started agreeing with people like Ryan Clark (cheaters never win!!) I just got fed up and realized "What's the point?" I deleted anyone from my twitter feed that wasn't hardcore Pats NEWS...people like Rome, Kurt Warner, Mort, ect. I gave up the pregame shows and sports talk shows (although I have gotten into NFL Radio since my new truck came with a Sirius XM subscription, and so far so good) and I am honestly happier for it. I even started muting the TV during halftime of a Pats game. Life is just too short to let the opinions of these people who like to insult the franchise I cheer for bother me.

I do love me some Patriots talk, I'll give you that. :)

But after the last SB loss to the Giants when Jim Rome started agreeing with people like Ryan Clark (cheaters never win!!) I just got fed up and realized "What's the point?" I deleted anyone from my twitter feed that wasn't hardcore Pats NEWS...people like Rome, Kurt Warner, Mort, ect. I gave up the pregame shows and sports talk shows (although I have gotten into NFL Radio since my new truck came with a Sirius XM subscription, and so far so good) and I am honestly happier for it. I even started muting the TV during halftime of a Pats game. Life is just too short to let the opinions of these people who like to insult the franchise I cheer for bother me.

Having to listen to the bullcrap has made it difficult, although I haven't gone to the extremes that you have....yet.

I don't think he would want a full time media job (NFL Network host, etc) or anything with extensive travel but I could see him taking the pregame show spot. It's a few days a week, taped in New York which he likes, keeps him connected to the game, and pays great. I can see him doing that for a while and then taking on politics when he's in his mid 40's
His permanent home will be in California when he retires from football.

Re: LOL Marino + Sharpe out @ CBS [Post Edit -2/24- Be Careful w/ Premie Celebration

My dad and I watch football on Sundays together. We both would crack up when Sharpe said anything. He's a bafoon.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back